Calling all COFFEE LOVERS!

Options

Replies

• k121777
    k121777 Posts: 306
    Options
    I will cut EVERYTHING.....except my coffee!!!! I get mean without it! (Not to mention a smoking headache!) I did cut back to 1 mug per day with my yummy pumpkin spice creamer....and I am still seeing weight loss because I diet and exercise so much. I don't think one mug a day will hurt you.
  • Shua89
    Shua89 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I cut out caffeine months ago and it was the best thing I ever did. I actually have way more energy now than I had before when I was living on caffeine.

I now have one cup of coffee 3-4 days a week because I enjoy it, not because I feel like I need it.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I'm a diabetic, and caffeine will raise your blood sugar like any other stimulant. So, I've switched to one pot of half-caff, and if I want more I make decaf. I think some coffee is fine, even beneficial. If you're not having a specific problem with it, drink up.

However, I do know one woman who put herself in the ER with an erratic heart beat after drinking three pots of coffee in one day.

That's wrong, coffee doesn't raise your blood sugar, the sugar in coffee raises your blood sugar. Coffee has been linked to actually reducing your changes of getting diabetes..... ( you should consider drinking more coffee if you are diabetic just insure it is black with NO sugar )

Coffee on it's own (black)will spike your blood pressure but only for a small time frame. If you drink Coffee regularly you will become more caffeine tolerant and will have less of spike there are studies that show coffee has no long term side effects to blood pressure.

It's a natural diuretic people normally think it will make you poop but it actually increases your urination. People say there are 0 calories in a 8 ounce cup of black coffee but it is actually 7 calories I believe.

It's also full of anti oxidants but really what doesn't have anti oxidants in it. In all coffee is generally good for you, you make it bad by adding sugar and cream/milk to it.
  • fldiver97
    fldiver97 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Touch my coffee and die! :huh: I gave up Starbucks, rarely ever go for a Skinny Latte anymore. I make my coffee at home, no sugar or sweetener....either black or with a tablespoon full of soy creamer (for a 16 oz mug) or a little bit of skim milk. Maybe brew it with some ground cinnamon. On a rare occasion I will have a decaf at dinner. I don't drink any sodas though so my only source of caffeine is coffee or tea. I gave up coffee for almost 2 years once, don't know how I lasted so long but it really did not make me feel better. I guess I was just trying to not be such a coffee junkie...... I don't drink more than 1 - 4 cups a day, most of the time just about 2 or 3. But I see no reason to give it up. Can I go a day or 2 without coffee - sure, but unless I am sick or there is no good coffee available I see no reason :noway:
  • shanae727
    shanae727 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Coffee isn't "bad" the things that people add to coffee is bad. Like refined sugar and fake syrups or creams. (I'm guilty of that too at times)
  • Hulk0511
    Hulk0511 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    i have read thru mens fitness or mens health that coffe is actually good for you and can actually help when working out. That is if you dont load it up with whipped cream and crap
  • monianderson
    Options
    i didnt cut coffee out completely however, i did start to drink it black just to cut the extra sugar and calories.
  • lt3ag4s
    lt3ag4s Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    i have at least three cups every day
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    i went to a weight loss boot camp last year where i had no clue they were going to rip my coffee from me ..no caffeine the entire week! i didnt go through withdrawals but i went through the pain of not having my routine of drinking coffee early in the morning. its the only time i have to myself and for me its pretty harmless. after that week was up i made a one way bee line to the store and bought a hot cup of coffee for my ride home. unless the dr tells me i cant have it or ill die , im drinking it
  • geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Never cutting out my coffee. I tried. I died. Coffee is a staple for me.
  • Takarameri
    Takarameri Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up coffee but I have definitely changed how I drink it. I went from drinking a Raspberry Mocha with whipped cream to drinking a non-fat latte.
  • spngbob
    spngbob Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Not giving up coffee. Many benefits...besides, I like it. I make a pot every day. You know those scoops they give you in SlimFast shakes? I use 2 level scoops of those. Coffee not strong, but I love it! When we go out and I get 'a' coffee...I end up with the jitters. Obviously, I make weak coffee but it smells great
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Coffee is fine in moderation :) I have it for breakfast I make protien coffee. Take a scoop of your favorite protien powder and mix it in with 2 cups of coffee and 1 cup of almond milk its a great breakfast
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    It's something I know I NEED to cut out (or at least limit), but I don't WANT to. I use the flavored creamers which means I end up drinking a good portion of my calories every day. :ohwell:
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    my dr said 1 cup a day is fine ......Its a large one ...but on weekends I may have 2, and I've worked down to black!!!
  • lizapettit
    lizapettit Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Cut it out? No way will that ever happen! I have one big cup in the morning every day and will occasionally have a cup I the evening if I'm out and about. I have however been slowly but surely trying to make it less fatty/sugary though. I switched from 2 teaspoons of sugar to one and now 1/2 teaspoon of Truvia. I'm also slowly lowering the amount of creamer, which is taking a bit longer :(
  • marthathebear
    Options
    I LOVE coffee! I can't live without it. I have 2 cups in the morning with half and half. If I drink it at night I drink decaf. I read an article that said women who drink 2 or more cups of coffee are less likely to be depressed. I have always loved coffee and I have always been a happy person!
  • gabe_irun4coffee
    gabe_irun4coffee Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Only one thing is certian about coffee.... Wherever it is grown, sold, brewed, and consumed, there will be lively controversy, strong opinions, and good conversation. I love my Coffee!
  • mpmama2re
    mpmama2re Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I have acid reflux and coffee is one of thing that triggers a flareup... my doctor is not happy with me.
  • Julicat6
    Julicat6 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    coffee.jpg

From Mayo Clinic
    "Newer studies have also shown that coffee may have benefits, such as protecting against Parkinson's disease, type 2 diabetes and liver cancer. And it has a high content of antioxidants. But this doesn't mean you should disregard the old maxim "Everything in moderation." http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/coffee-and-health/AN01354

Harvard Health
    " Coffee might have anti-cancer properties" But their article also says there are risks as well, but that they may balance out.
    http://www.health.harvard.edu/fhg/updates/update0406c.shtml

Medical Daily pulled together numerous studies
    "And yet scientific study after scientific study has appeared reporting the hidden health benefits of the liquid lightning. Here, we take you through some of the greatest of this year alone – to vindicate people who drink it religiously, and to guilt those who don't drink it, to start.
    Read more at http://www.medicaldaily.com/articles/11537/20120816/coffee-benefits-diabetes-parkinsons-disease-alzheimers-heart.htm#RJ3tV8IkKbSKvld4.99