what should i do if i had to guys ask me to marry them ?

Options

Replies

• EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    If you are in quandary you should no marry either, that's not hard at all! WAIT until someone comes along who YOU say to yourself, "This is the person I WANT to Marry and Can Live the rest of My Life with, Just as they are!" When You feel like that, you don't have to ASK anyone who YOU should marry!
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Ok i lived in oklahoma for 2 and a half years i was dating this one guy for a couple of months and then he asked me to marry him before i moved . Now i lived in gerogia this guy we are dating for a 1 yr and he asked me to marry him what should i do ?

Honesty, if you're asking us then marriage isn't the best thing for you at this stage in your life. And I mean this in the nicest way possible! :)

Also, is there someone close to you that you can talk to about this? These sorts of things are rather hairy <3
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    if you are asking yourself that question then perhaps you arent madly in love with them.. give some time to yourself for a month or so and see how you feel about either one after that. you may be surprised you dont want to marry either one
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Don't worry so much about the heart. You do love them, that's ok.
    Which one would treat you best and give you the best life?
  • fattypattybinger
    Options
    Sounds like you need to slow done and just be single. No sense in rushing to get married unless you are ready. You might love somebody but can you imagine being with somebody for the rest of your life.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    If you're having any doubts about these guys, then definitely don't rush into anything. Take your time...play it slow.

Enjoy your singleness (says the guy who has been married for 22+ years. =P )
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I'm inclined to agree that if you're dating two people and don't know yes or no when you are asked then I don't think you should marry either of them. I've been proposed to before and I knew that it was yes immediately.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Make sure they will be there forever and never take off. Ask yourself if they would stay if something really bad happened to you. That happened to me after 8 years and he took off. Never give him the benefit of the doubt or you will be in a bad situation. You questioning WHICH ONE is already bad enough.......
  • Papalov100
    Papalov100 Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    im only dating one guy anot both im dating the one in Atl
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    im only dating one guy anot both im dating the one in Atl

So what made you move to Atlanta?
  • mandy0688
    mandy0688 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    So which one of them makes the most amount of money? LMAO, JP.

But seriously....if guy # 1 asked you to marry him what did you say? And why did you move? And why did you start dating guy #2 if your dating guy # 1? I think we need more of a backround on this before I can give some advice. Or the better question is are you dating both? Does guy # 1 know about guy # 2? I would say follow your heart but hunny your heart is in two different places.
  • _EmmaStrong_
    _EmmaStrong_ Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    The answer is pure and simple - -" If you want to know where your heart is, look where your mind goes when it wanders!"
  • LucyT4dieting
    LucyT4dieting Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    If you don't know the answer, then you aren't ready.
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    You are only 24 years old. You have plenty of time to find the right man. Obviously neither of the ones you mentioned are the right man for you or you would have already said yes.

Take it slow and easy!!! Enjoy being single while you are young.
  • shiraLA
    shiraLA Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    The answer is pure and simple - -" If you want to know where your heart is, look where your mind goes when it wanders!"

^^^^ :heart:
  • darisey
    darisey Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Ok and what happens if you marry one of them? You are starting your marriage off in love with another man that isn't your husband. Not a great way to start a marriage and if you regret your decision, its not as easy as breaking up. I would say forget marriage for a while, give yourself a couple of years and reassess how you feel then.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    No offense, but if you've only known one guy for 2 months, that isn't long enough to really get to know someone to qualify for marriage material. That's just my 2 cents.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Me and my family are not that close we get into a lot of fights and so thats why am asking yall . Friends i dont have alot of friends so yea thats why im asking on here

Do you have a counselor or social worker or someone like that you can talk to?

This.
  • fattypattybinger
    Options
    Please show this to your Mom or Dad.
  • fattypattybinger
    Options
    You might be fighting with them because they care about you.