OMG 5 pages of childish behavior, really?

Options
I am posting this expecting to get totally slashed by rude and childish ppl.

I just finished reading 5 pages or bullying, judgmental, toatlly irrelivent garbage, on this site. I realize this forum is for expressing facts, opinions and even a bit of fun. However what i read didn't fit into either of those catagories.

Shame on you.
Shame on MFP

We have all had enough of this type of behavior from other "outside" ppl in our lives. I know i come to this site for support, compassion, and also for some tough love to help me through. We, and i say that cause i know im not alone...we come "in" here to find friends, other ppl pushing through what can be the hardest thing in our lives to accomplish. We should be banding together, not pulling someones posting apart.

We all have a common goal, a common bond, a common need.

Seriously, there is enough crap in this world...please don't bring it in here.

Replies

• orangelobster
    Options
    "Two men looked out from prison bars, one saw mud, the other saw stars." (Oscar Wilde, I believe)

Me, I try not to look at what I don't want or don't need to see. The internet can be a pretty messed up place so I don't roll in the dirt and I don't wrestle with the pigs.
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    "Two men looked out from prison bars, one saw mud, the other saw stars." (Oscar Wilde, I believe)

Me, I try not to look at what I don't want or don't need to see. The internet can be a pretty messed up place so I don't roll in the dirt and I don't wrestle with the pigs.

^ Direct. Nicely said. :flowerforyou:
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    This place is filled with people, same as the world with all our faults and complexities. Yes, this is supposed to be a support group and yes people are allowed to have disagreements. If there is any bullying going on, the moderators do a pretty good job of stopping it/closing threads and such.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I see you are new here. I hope you enjoy your stay.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    If you meet rude people here just hit them with a gif!
    Hugs!
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I try to stay out of the threads I don't agree with. If you read something you don't like, just move on! It will only hurt you in the end if you read too much into some of these posts.

You can always report the posts if they are really bad.
  • ChanyL
    ChanyL Posts: 41
    Options
    You are sooooo right.
  • JessicaBR0
    JessicaBR0 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I try to stay out of the threads I don't agree with. If you read something you don't like, just move on! It will only hurt you in the end if you read too much into some of these posts.

You can always report the posts if they are really bad.

^ Very wise! And no need to shame MFP this is an awesome site helping a lot of people!
  • dsmpunk
    dsmpunk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    But it's the rude people that keep me entertained here. Nice is boring.

/popcorn
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    I consider forums for entertainment purposes only. If I have a legitimate question I usually ask people on my friends list!
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    You have to take the forums with a grain of salt around here. I use the forums more for entertainment purposes, to be honest with you. I get all my support mainly from the MFP friends I've made here and ignore the childishness in the forums.
  • Moosycakes
    Moosycakes Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    If we're talking about the same thread, I agree! I was shocked, it was all horrible.
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    I consider forums for entertainment purposes only. If I have a legitimate question I usually ask people on my friends list!

Wow! Great minds think alike! :flowerforyou:
  • _JR_
    _JR_ Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Did i miss the reference she is talking about ("5 pages"). If you're gonna to shame us, at least show us why. You owe me that much if you're going to jump down my throat for other people's comments.
  • jmatthews75
    jmatthews75 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    What ever happend to the old saying... something about sticks and stones...
    In this world of politically correct, why can't people just turn a head and not read something. If you are really effected by the words you read on some internet forum, then perhaps it would be easier just to not read them. Nobody is sitting behind you forcing you to read 5 pages worth.
    I realize that we all are here on a mission, to get in better shape for most of us. But sadly, there are people out there that just find the need to bash others to keep themselves on that high horse. Such is life. I close my eyes at night and rest peacefully because I am happy with who I am, if people decide to bash me for who I am. so be it. Its their choice to say such things, Its my choice to not hear them.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    If you have problems with a particular thread or somebody bullying, please use the report button rather than creating a new thread where you are bullying others and telling others "shame on you".

Thank you
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Only 5 pages?

Slow night.
  • sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I am posting this expecting to get totally slashed by rude and childish ppl.

Aha, your true motive presents itself!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Did i miss the reference she is talking about ("5 pages"). If you're gonna to shame us, at least show us why. You owe me that much if you're going to jump down my throat for other people's comments.

Yes, please do tell.
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    That's the sad truth of the internet. The semi-anonymity brings out the playground behaviour in people. Trying to talk sense into a group of adults on a forum is as pointless and frustrating as banging your head against a brick wall. Ignore and move on. :wink: