Whats the one thing that set you off to want to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• glitterjam
    glitterjam Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    being cheated on..

this =(
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Sadly a miscarriage,but although that was the sad catalyst that brought me here it gave me hope and saved my life.Now I know I CAN get pregnant and losing this weight will make it possible :wink:
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I saw a picture of myself that I was extremely unhappy with. I missed loving myself the way that I used to. I missed loving to go shopping and posing for pictures with my friends.

Also.... I was sick of getting winded walking up the hill to my classes.
  • stephd5238
    stephd5238 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My jeans were sooooo tight and I had to wear shirts down to my knees just to cover how big my thighs had got.

The roll of flab that was forming over my elbow :(
  • cowgirlashlee
    cowgirlashlee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I've gotten sick of being the "fat" friend. My best friend is 5'3 and 110 pounds of solid muscle. My next closest friend is 5'2 and 120, but very well proportioned and fit. I was 195 pounds and 5'4 and I looked like a beached whale compared to them, and people would ask both of them behind my back why they hung out with the fat girl. I was sick of being the fat girl. Now I'm the heavy, but a lot less fat, girl. I carry my weight well, so I don't look as heavy as I am (or so people tell me...I'm still not at all happy with how I look).
  • mnmomto4
    mnmomto4 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    My grandma passing away. She was 83 years old and healthy. She was so lucky to see all 3 grand children marry and have kids of our own. I want that. I knew that if I continued the way I was going, there would be no way I could see my great grandchildren be born, or maybe even my own grand children.
    Also, my size 18s were getting tight. I wasn't about to buy the next size up. Now down to 12's and on the road to my 10's that have been collecting dust in the closet.
  • lrob100
    lrob100 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Weighing more than my husband who was a college football linebacker and a big guy
    Feeling fat rolls shake when I laughed
    Weighing a LOT more than I ever had even 9 months pregnant
    Seeing the scale go over 250 to 251 my all time high
    Seeing size 18s get tight
    Going on vacation to Key West, Florida, and barely being able to walk around on the streets in the summer heat because I was so obese and out of breath.
    Having anxiety whenever i had to climb stairs or be in hot or crowded situations
  • nomorechub68
    Options
    My mean and nasty ex-husband referring to me as a loud mouthed fat *kitten* b#*T@$ to our daughter because he was upset with me..... of course I am losing the weight for all the right reasons but YUP that was the ONE thing that finally tipped me over the edge. So thanks you big jerk.....I am doing great.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I didn't have a lot to lose, so maybe this question doesn't apply to me. But, I had my two children and got back to being very super fit, then moved to Canada and slowly over a few years I was not as diligent with my fitness (I guess I was feeling a little blue), but still very active as a dancer. I didn't feel as happy that way, but it wasn't that big of a deal (I'm just happiest when fitness is a priority). I was in dance performances and I always still looked fit in the photos and videos, but then there was a performance and when I saw the photos I could see that I had gained weight in my thighs in some positions in some of the photos (my problem area at the time). So, that was enough. Just knowing that I had gained enough weight for it to be visible while I performed was enough for me to want to get back on track. And around that same time I found out I had a deadline that I wanted to be fit for, so that was extra motivation and it was 7 months away, so I had sufficient time that I knew that if I became serious I would be back to exceptional fitness by then. And then I just added in all the motivation I've always had as an extra push. I've lost the extra pounds and now I'm just working on my continuing fitness. I'm very happy.
  • awake4777
    awake4777 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    My all time high weight was 258 lbs (I'm 5"2') I was embarrassed to see friends and exes. I said "That's enough" because I was a diabetic and had many other conditions of health that concerned. At 160 lbs I had a car crash that changed my life, and left me with serious back pain, depression, and near suicide. I never got accustomed to carring the extra weight. When my doctor suggested bariactric surgery in Feb., 2012, and that he thought he could get medicare to pay because it was medically necessary I said yes. This site has helped me so much and the people are so nice. I lost about 31 lbs on my own before the surgery. This sight I'm glad I found it.
  • NadiaAK
    NadiaAK Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Seeing pictures of myself from New Years Eve of this year. My skin looked terrible, my hair looked bad and I just looked physically uncomfortable. After losing 100 lbs, I look at pictures of myself and now I look more "natural" if that even makes sense.
  • rezn8
    rezn8 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Tying my shoes in the morning caused shortness of breath, mirror and pics I didn't like, just shy of 200lbs at 5'6" and then most recently Dr. stated I should take cholesterol meds. I asked for 3 more months to control it naturally and to his suprise I dropped it 35 points to well within acceptable range.
  • chelle_fri
    chelle_fri Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    For me it was seeing all of my old friends and exes and feeling like I was a whale compared to the last time I saw them. Also, I really want to be able to wear tank tops and not have that "wing" thing going on :tongue:
  • FORAPURPOSE
    FORAPURPOSE Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I went on a trip and " I my son and husband were taking a walk and when we passed a mirror they looked like brothers and I looked like I was THE ( mother ) my husband had begged me to work out with him and I was not ready and now here I am alone trying to get where he is now... He looks now like what he looked like when we first met...........And this is not a good thing because he is being chased..... by a lot of pretty girls and they all have nice shapes........
  • squeaki22
    Options
    Taking my 12yo shopping for clothes. The sales were great and there was so much to chose from. I wear the same 2 pairs of jeans and few tops because I refuse to buy "fat" clothes... I used to have so many cute outfits and now nothing. I am bored with myself and can only imagine how bored my husband must be with me... Also, she is in cheer and I seem to be the "fat" mom. Its embarrassing because it is ot who I am but I feel they way I think they perceive me. I am done feeling sloppy and like crud. Its time to get in shape and feel good so that I can look good too.
  • sleepygirl38
    sleepygirl38 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    my wedding photos. those pictures last forever and I am stuck with it
  • Sweatinglikeapigtolooklikeafox
    Options
    I found a picture of myself from when i was 16 and had been training 3 times a week at Karate.
    That was the last time I remember being happy with my body.
    Ive gone from a size 10 to a size 18 (UK sizes) in 8 years.
  • heykaraoke
    heykaraoke Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    A friend tagged me in a photo on Facebook that was taken at my daughter's birthday party. When I saw it I wanted to cry. I looked so sloppy and awful. I had entered college at a trim 135 and when that awful pic was taken six years later I was at 180. I couldn't understand how I'd allowed that to happen.

Took me another two years to actually get up off my butt and actually do something about it, but that pic was the catalyst. It made me realize that I simply couldn't stay that way forever.
  • wayne4825
    wayne4825 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    My blood sugar hovered in the upper 400's to mid 500's and I had high blood pressure. I'm not longer on any medication and keep it under control with diet and exercise.
  • Lisa760
    Lisa760 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Guess I'm the shallow one here.

I saw a picture of my husband's ex on Facebook and she looks phenomenal. Must be true, part-demons don't age or gain weight. Haha, just kidding ... she's full-demon.