Whats the one thing that set you off to want to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• Cariad1709
    Cariad1709 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    For me it was when all my clothes got too tight for me to wear, now their all too loose for me.
  • taekwonkenpo
    Options
    Heart issues is commen in my family. My real kick in the rear was when i started to feel some minor chest pains. It got me into the docter where i found out my cholestorol was very, very high. Having a daughter now i just did not want to end up having a heart attack. I want to be there for my daughter for as long as i can. That was my motivational speech. :smile: inside my head.
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Mine was at a once in a lifetime London 2012 Olympics football match (Team GB)
    We had saved for months to go and have a really big family day out, all had our Team GB stuff on and took loads of photos. I cried when I saw the pictures the next day because I looked like a frucking shot-putter. NOT good on a 5'2" woman who was about as fit as a sloth. Having to 'vet' the photos before I allowed my husband to put them on Facebook was just horiffic. Change was needed and change I did!
  • Caspiana
    Options
    Not wanting to have my photo taken because I hated to see myself, sometimes having my students make some unkind comment about my size (everyone in Japan seems to be slim!!!), not being able to walk into a shop and just buy something I like because nothing ever fit, having low self esteem, having my doctor warn me that if i didn't lose I could have diabetes SOON,...oh the list goes on!!
  • abranch87
    abranch87 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just moved and I live on a top of a hill and that walk is killing me daily. I also started eating a whole bunch of craziness during hurricane sandy(trapped at work) and I feel like it set me back because the hill is killing me all over again. ;(.
  • nacs246
    nacs246 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I bumped into an Old friend after about 5years who wanted to know when my baby was due:blushing: .

At age 52 that ain't happening anymore :embarassed: !!:bigsmile:
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Moving from ireland to Australia last year left me with no where to hide lol. Ireland is cold and covering up is the normal on a day to day basis. Australia is so warm there is just no way you can. I would love to be one of these people that lives life no matter what weight they are but I'm not. I can't count how many times I have canceled days/nights/trips because of my weight. It really hit me that I will never get this time back. Then when my boyfriend started to miss out on things because I wouldn't go that was enough for me to get real. He was overweight too but wouldn't let it stop him and no matter how much I told myself my weight didn't matter it did to me. As you can see from my ticker I'm well on my way and my boyfriend has lost 50 pounds too and I plan to be at the beach/water park/trips away with him this year :)
  • wheldar
    Options
    I was tired of being tired. I did not want to buy more 'larger' clothes and keep giving away recently purchased clothes. I wanted more energy and stamina to make it through a day. Just overall disgusted with the way I felt, look, ate and not seeing and end to the vicious downward cycle I felt trapped in for life. I had lost hope of ever seeing myself as a healthier person.

Since I have started my diet, with the help of my doctor, and many folks here; I now feel like I have a chance to change and am on the road to improving my life in so many ways. Replacing old bad habits with new, healthier ones and gaining a more active lifestyle.

Thanks to all in my support groups, (and you know who you are) and I will continue to help support anyone who may ask for it.
  • robindina
    robindina Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    My boss at the time told me that I needed bigger scrubs. I wasn't as big as some of the other girls, but it hurt. I was already trying to lose weight but that just gave me a giant push...
  • sophiemama
    sophiemama Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Someone that my husband worked with thought I was pregnant, (I haven't been pregnant for the last two years) at first I let it roll of my shoulders. But every time I saw this guy he kept talking about me being pregnant, I was too embarrassed to tell him that I was indeed not pregnant I was just fat :/ I told my husband that I never want people to assume this ever again! So I decided to take things into my own hands. Also pictures of myself, I couldn't stand looking at pictures of me. I would think why did the camera add 10lbs to me and not my husband LOL denial!
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    my mom saying, princess, you are not a kid anymore, you can't eat all you want and stay skinny.
  • mystikfairy61
    mystikfairy61 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Finding out in April that I am diabetic as well as my measurements when I went to the doctor in August and saw 225 on the scales. My mom had a stroke at 52 and I will be 52 in Feb 2013. Didn't want to end up like that and knew I had to make changes in my life to prevent it. The diabetes is under control and I am already feeling better. Also have severe arthritis and will need my hip replaced but knew I wouldn't get it done til I lost weight.
  • MariaChele85
    MariaChele85 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Guess I'm the shallow one here.

I saw a picture of my husband's ex on Facebook and she looks phenomenal. Must be true, part-demons don't age or gain weight. Haha, just kidding ... she's full-demon.
    haha this made me laugh
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    When I once got rejected of my almost employer after failing my pre-employment medical tests. I discovered through the results that I had hypertension on top of my type 2 diabetes.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    Breakup.
  • xoInsanity
    xoInsanity Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Basically I hit rock bottom, it was to the point where I couldn't even stand to look at myself in the mirror. I went out in public and I felt like everyone was talking badly about me and my weight. The only time I went out of my house was to go to work. I was miserable, so I did something I tried MULTIPLE times but failed to do I decided to go on a diet. However, this time I am on a lifestyle change, and I am sticking to it. A little over a week and hard work and I'm down 8 pounds! I'm motivated more then ever. Now my daughter will have her mommy around for a very long time!
  • awake4777
    awake4777 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Good for you.
  • awake4777
    awake4777 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Good job. Encouraging story.
  • fara180
    fara180 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    A terribly painful breakup. I'd always wanted to lose weight before, but after that shocking point when I was left alone, unfulfilled and humiliated- I decided it was time to take care of myself.
  • daydream_believer
    Options
    photos. every photo i was in made me cringe to the point where i outwardly dodged being photographed.