3500 cals IS NOT 1 pound!

Options
drmerc
drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
I weighed myself before and after lunch, I gained 2.5lbs
My lunch was only 1000 calories, I also had several glasses of ice cold water (0 cals)

I guess the rule does not work with me, in my case 1000 calories is actually 2.5lbs

Replies

• MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    You're a special snowflake :)
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    What did you eat? A pound of muscle weighs more than a pound of fat.
  • blisterpeanuts
    blisterpeanuts Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Not sure but I think the food in your digestive tract may weigh more than the fat which it creates. There's water and fiber in the food (usually) that's going to be expelled.

It is a fact though that a pound of fat contains about 3500 calories of energy.
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    Ha ha!! Silly!! Water adds weight to you.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    Get some rasberry keytones.
  • rickpearce
    rickpearce Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    calories is not a measure of weight.

i weighed an empty glass on my kitchen scale just this morning. 11.1 oz. I filled the 16 oz glass with water and it was 1 lb 14.3oz. Therefore, the water itself was over a pound.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Haha! You ate and drank 2.5 lbs of food and water. Give your body time to digest your lunch and you'll "lose" the 2.5 lbs.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    calories is not a measure of weight.

i weighed an empty glass on my kitchen scale just this morning. 11.1 oz. I filled the 16 oz glass with water and it was 1 lb 14.3oz. Therefore, the water itself was over a pound.

That proves 3500 cals is not 1 pound!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Maybe your brain got bigger! BRAINS WEIGHT LIKE 10 LBS so I always subtract that from my total weight!!!
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Wow.. you mean no one told you that you have to eat it while standing on one foot while petting a kitten and balancing a ball on your nose?? Them's the breaks man. 1 foot, kitten and a ball.. or you will gain weight!
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    get your thyroid checked. you are in starvation mode. Did you skip breakfast?
  • Love_flowers
    Love_flowers Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    But you got it all wrong sir.
    One does not simply gain 2.5fat right after a 1000calorie lunch.
    The extra weight is mostly because food before consumption weighs something as well, and you might have had water to drink as well and that weighs something too.

Dont weigh yourself after eating, it is not usefull data in terms of how you are progressing :D
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I guess you've never hear of water weight, huh?
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    lol'd hard
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Mind = blown.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Troll.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    get your thyroid checked. you are in starvation mode. Did you skip breakfast?

or any of the subsequent meals that should have occured every 2 hours there after? Starvation mode, I's tells ya!
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    Well of course it doesn't work that way for you....I mean you are totally unique.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    ...something, something, Dr. Oz...
  • ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    What did you eat? A pound of muscle weighs more than a pound of fat.

A pound is a pound is a pound and it doesn't matter of it's feathers, fat, muscle, bricks or iron. What does matter is density. Muscle is more dense than fat therefore a pound of muscle takes up less space than a pound of fat. A pound of fat takes up about the same space as 3 grapefruit. A pound of muscle takes up the space of about 3 tangerines.