3500 cals IS NOT 1 pound!

Options

Replies

• SavageFeast
    SavageFeast Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    You're doing it wrong. You need a BeachBody coach.
  • wildechild74
    wildechild74 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    a liter of water weighs 2.2lbs.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    A pound of tacos weighs more than a pound of .... o hai drmerc. :flowerforyou:
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    This is fun.
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Troll.

This
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Poop.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    ExLax.jpg
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    calories is not a measure of weight.

i weighed an empty glass on my kitchen scale just this morning. 11.1 oz. I filled the 16 oz glass with water and it was 1 lb 14.3oz. Therefore, the water itself was over a pound.

Only because you were wearing a Maple Leafs hockey sweater! LOL 1lb will become 16oz again when they win the cup......:laugh: :laugh: (seriously though.......it's 16oz by volume, not weight)
  • jrutledge01
    jrutledge01 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    calories is not a measure of weight.

i weighed an empty glass on my kitchen scale just this morning. 11.1 oz. I filled the 16 oz glass with water and it was 1 lb 14.3oz. Therefore, the water itself was over a pound.

That proves 3500 cals is not 1 pound!
    actually, it proves that 1 pound is not 3500 calories
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    I weighed myself before and after lunch, I gained 2.5lbs
    My lunch was only 1000 calories, I also had several glasses of ice cold water (0 cals)

I guess the rule does not work with me, in my case 1000 calories is actually 2.5lbs

DOOD!
    how are you gonna loose that?!?!
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Well damn... looks like science is wrong.... again. Logic is defied! My worldview... shifted.
  • FitandFab33
    FitandFab33 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    This post makes me want to bang my head against a brick wall. Repeatedly.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    1 pound of food outside of your body = 1lbs of food inside. It doesnt dissapear.
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Did you perchance have carbs after 6 last night? Generally screws up your metabolism for a good week.
  • azzkikin
    azzkikin Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Go take a dump and see if you lost said 2.5lbs. Pics Not Needed!

Probably should remind you to weight yourself after and not the floaters. Buy nah, have fun with it.:laugh:
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    What did you eat? A pound of muscle weighs more than a pound of fat.

A pound is a pound is a pound and it doesn't matter of it's feathers, fat, muscle, bricks or iron. What does matter is density. Muscle is more dense than fat therefore a pound of muscle takes up less space than a pound of fat. A pound of fat takes up about the same space as 3 grapefruit. A pound of muscle takes up the space of about 3 tangerines.

This is exactly why I don't like grapefruit.
  • Angie__1MR
    Angie__1MR Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    :sad: that is all.
  • TinaBean007
    TinaBean007 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    That's what you get for eating your exercise calories...bahahaha
  • collingmommy
    collingmommy Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I used to wonder the same thing. I ate a heavy salad one day and the scale said i jumped over 2 lbs lol.. Its not that it really does. U have to wait for the food to metabolize before you weigh out. My food takes 5 hours to digest, so after i eat my last meal at night, i go weigh in 5 hours later. I know its 5 hours for me cause i tested myself. I took a dulcalax tablet and it took 5 hours to work.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    What did you eat? A pound of muscle weighs more than a pound of fat.

A pound is a pound is a pound and it doesn't matter of it's feathers, fat, muscle, bricks or iron. What does matter is density. Muscle is more dense than fat therefore a pound of muscle takes up less space than a pound of fat. A pound of fat takes up about the same space as 3 grapefruit. A pound of muscle takes up the space of about 3 tangerines.

Here, you may borrow this. I had mine installed on board:

sarcasm_detector.jpg