3500 cals IS NOT 1 pound!

Replies

• wackyfunster
    wackyfunster Posts: 944 Member
    1g of muscle glycogen will cause 4g of water retention
    Thus, when coming from a state of relative glycogen depletion, 200g of carb intake will produce 1000g of water+glycogen weight increase, i.e. 2.2 lbs.
    This is why low-carb diets produce such dramatic initial weight losses... one can easily drop 10 pounds of water weight by depleting muscle glycogen, but the weight comes back as soon as carb intake resumes.
  • msshiraz
    msshiraz Posts: 327 Member
    But you got it all wrong sir.
    One does not simply gain 2.5fat right after a 1000calorie lunch.
    The extra weight is mostly because food before consumption weighs something as well, and you might have had water to drink as well and that weighs something too.

Dont weigh yourself after eating, it is not usefull data in terms of how you are progressing :D

"LIKE"

Do yourself a favor- weigh yourself the same time each day- or each week, I choose mornings since my digestive is usually empty.
  • collingmommy
    collingmommy Posts: 456 Member
    Just curious why you didn't weigh halfway through your lunch... I mean if you really want to be obsessed with the scale, you need to go all the way or go home!!

Heck fire, take it up a notch, eat standing on the scale!!
  • Actually, if you weigh a pound of fat on a scale then a pound of muscle on a scale, it is still just one pound. A muscle is just more compressed taking up less room in the body.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Actually, if you weigh a pound of fat on a scale then a pound of muscle on a scale, it is still just one pound. A muscle is just more compressed taking up less room in the body.

a pound of steak sinks, but a pound of fat floats.

muscle is heavier than water, which is heavier than fat, ergo, muscle is heavier than fat.
  • tobnrn
    tobnrn Posts: 477 Member
    I weighed myself before and after lunch, I gained 2.5lbs
    My lunch was only 1000 calories, I also had several glasses of ice cold water (0 cals)

I guess the rule does not work with me, in my case 1000 calories is actually 2.5lbs

I feel your pain.
  • You're doing it wrong. You need a BeachBody coach.

this one made me lol HARD ..
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    3500 calories (or more precisely 3600 calories) is the energy yield of a pound of stored triglycerides. It has little to do with weight.

I get that this is a marginally funny troll thread though. I just don't care....
  • sheleen302
    sheleen302 Posts: 266 Member
    Troll.
    ^^^YUP!
  • YoshiZelda
    YoshiZelda Posts: 340 Member
    Lul.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,722 Member
    *facepalm*
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,722 Member
    Actually, if you weigh a pound of fat on a scale then a pound of muscle on a scale, it is still just one pound. A muscle is just more compressed taking up less room in the body.

muscle is heavier than water, which is heavier than fat, ergo, muscle is heavier than fat.

muscle is denser than fat. It has more mass for a given amount of space. Heavier is a subjective word.
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    What did you eat? A pound of muscle weighs more than a pound of fat.

Um.... 1 pound is 1 pound. No matter what........
  • What did you eat? A pound of muscle weighs more than a pound of fat.

LOL!!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member

So, steak weighs more than a duck, which makes steak......A WITCH!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    What did you eat? A pound of muscle weighs more than a pound of fat.

please tell me you were making a funny here. Because if you're serious, I'm sadder for the human race before I read this.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    dude! you're fccking up, have you tried detox shakes? try juicing for a whole month, if these don't work then you can't go wrong with the HCG diet.

<-- has a high-quality supply of HCG available for purchase... Fresh too!
    \

Yeah, we know.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Can I eyeroll really hard?!

Jeebus...*shakes head*
  • Well played sir, you got 8 pages of responses! haha:drinker:
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Here ... try this shake mix. If you just sign up all your friends to start drinking these shakes, then you'll get this magic shake mix that will help you lose 25lbs by Christmas for just shipping and handling! You'll never be hungry, and the most popular shake mix is cookies & cream - skim milk and oreos mixed with the shake will help you lose that weight- I swear!!! Oh yeah, and you'll build muscles while watching TV!