1 year, only 23 lbs, but means the world to me.

Options

Replies

• zannyzanzanzibar
    zannyzanzanzibar Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing!! And the fact that you've dealt with health problems at the same time is just incredible, you have such a great attitude!

Congratulations on all you've achieved, you're awesome! :)
  • Flamencoflynnie
    Flamencoflynnie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic and did it all when many people would have thrown in the towel. Dont belittle this by saying 'only' I hope your sutustion improves and you get some relief soon.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Thanks again everyone.

I think the "only" comes in because I was really hoping to be down the whole 35lbs by now. I really thought a year was plenty of time for 35lbs. But now I'm learning that, realistically for me, it might take me the whole next year to lose the last 13. I've always thought I was SOOOOOO heavy. But right now i'm only a few lbs over what's healthy for my height, so I know it's going to take even more time and effort to get these 13 off.
  • kel665
    kel665 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Gee you have had a hard year! Congratulations on your weight loss, you look great! :)
  • Kismet_35
    Kismet_35 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    23 lbs is not easy to do! Congratulations! I think it's awesome and you look great!
  • jensan37
    jensan37 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You look great!!!
  • sweetpotatofry
    sweetpotatofry Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Twenty-three pounds is a big deal! Please don't downplay your amazing achievements! :flowerforyou:

I also wanted to weigh in because I have suffered from dermographism in the past and understand how awful it is...

Congrats on your success!
  • ericadawn92
    ericadawn92 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!! Super awesome job! I know I probably would have given up had the hives set in for me....it would have been my excuse! But you didn't give up which is the most inspiring part of your story to me :)
  • jrsey86
    jrsey86 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration! I admire your perseverance. GREAT JOB!!!!:heart::heart:
  • TheNewo
    TheNewo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I can relate so much to your weight loss story. I started trying to lose weight in December of last year and I'm currently down 22lbs. I get so frustrated with myself that I haven't lost more (I have quite a bit more to go than you). Incidentally I also have an autoimmune related skin disease, I've never tested for food allergies though.

Anyway thank you so much for sharing your story, you look wonderful! :flowerforyou:
  • barb1241
    barb1241 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    You are AMAZING! Way to go!
  • mrsking218
    mrsking218 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Congrats!
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Twenty-three pounds is a big deal! Please don't downplay your amazing achievements! :flowerforyou:

I also wanted to weigh in because I have suffered from dermographism in the past and understand how awful it is...

Congrats on your success!

The dermographism for me is just more of an embarrassment. I hate that even if I bump something or itch my neck it turns into this welt which makes me a bit self conscious.
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    You attitude is amazing and you look great! You can persevere through anything! You are a rock star!
  • Karamelicious
    Options
    You look GREAT! Don't worry about the number of pounds you lost and don't compare yourself to anyone else. You are an individual and your needs are unique and different from everyone elses. You did what works for you and girlie IT WORKED! Stay strong and keep your head up, you got this!
    ~Smooches
  • DragonflyF15
    DragonflyF15 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Not awesome about the hives, I so feel for you. A few months ago I had a mouse issue, and while I got rid of them, they left behind some mites that got into the carpeting and OMG! the itching on my feet and ankles were insane and can relate, had them for almost 6 wks. To have it for a year, I can't even imagine. I'd go insane. In fact I think I did for a few days towards the end....anyways, looking good and here's to hoping you'll get this hive issue under control in the next year!
  • heights180
    heights180 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    congratz!!!! you look AMAZING!!!!!
  • Proyecto_AN
    Options
    Amazing, you look great.
  • seashellmoore
    Options
    Congrats! You look wonderful and I'm sure you feel physically fantastic. With all that you have been through, 23 pounds is incredible! You inspire me!
  • kayla7jackson
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight lose, no matter how much you lost it is a job well done. :) You look great! Your story was very interesting and I hope that they find something to help you because although I have never had hives I can imagine it being frustrating and overwhelming. Good job for still maintaining your positive attitude and lifestyle and not taking the chance to use that as an excuse. That is truly inspirational. I wish you the best with your weight loss and you medical condition.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!