SHAKEOLOGY does it really work?

Options

Replies

• Monisfit4life
    Monisfit4life Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I think many people think that Beachbody coaches are biased, but what they need to know is that most Beachbody coaches started out as customers that saw results and decided to share it with others and make a business out of it. It's not a gimmick or a pyramid scheme. These people have seen results and they are sharing it with people that want help. I used to be a Beachbody coach, I no longer use Shakeology, but when I did drink it I LOVED it. It wasn't a weight loss shake for me, but it did keep me healthy and give me energy. It kept me from getting colds and other illnesses and even helped me get my allergies under control. It was a great natural product and I really loved it. I since moved on to Herbalife because I stopped liking the Shakeology formula once they changed it, but I would say if you want to try it go for it. The benefits are really good. I am no longer a coach so you can't call me biased lol.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I think many people think that Beachbody coaches are biased, but what they need to know is that most Beachbody coaches started out as customers that saw results and decided to share it with others and make a business out of it. It's not a gimmick or a pyramid scheme. These people have seen results and they are sharing it with people that want help. I used to be a Beachbody coach, I no longer use Shakeology, but when I did drink it I LOVED it. It wasn't a weight loss shake for me, but it did keep me healthy and give me energy. It kept me from getting colds and other illnesses and even helped me get my allergies under control. It was a great natural product and I really loved it. I since moved on to Herbalife because I stopped liking the Shakeology formula once they changed it, but I would say if you want to try it go for it. The benefits are really good. I am no longer a coach so you can't call me biased lol.

I think the thing that gets people riled up is that:

1) it's a MLM scheme, while people may start out with the best of intentions $$$ always influences objectivity
    2) almost invariably the "coaches" fail to disclose the fact they're selling the products that they're so glowingly endorsing
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    I'll never understand "meal replacement." I use protein drinks frequently as part of my every day intake, but I couldn't replace a meal with any drink short of a puree'd 8 ounce sirloin.

Let's never again speak of this defilement of the bless'd sirloin! 8 ounces of pure heaven shouldn't be reduced to pulp - it should be peppered and still bleeding.....
  • Arexxx
    Arexxx Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Shake diets do work. But once you go off the shakes you gain the weight back quite quickly, because you haven't actually learned what to eat to stay healthy, you've just replaced food with shakes.
  • jimmmer
    Options
    Shake diets do work. But once you go off the shakes you gain the weight back quite quickly, because you haven't actually learned what to eat to stay healthy, you've just replaced food with shakes.

Most sensible thing I've heard all day.....

MFP is great when you use it as a tool to diagnose faults in your eating habits. Removing those eating habits and replacing them with a drinking habit that you couldn't sustain over a lifetime (although I bet BeachBody wishes you could!) is not a learning experience. It's unlikely to give you the knowledge which will lead to profit in your future endeavours.......
  • AZDizzy
    AZDizzy Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I used to use shakeology in my morning smoothie (just what I like to have in the morning). I switched to garden of life raw meal and noticed no change except GOL didn't hurt my wallet as much.
  • kimmcconkey
    kimmcconkey Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    bumping for some of the shake recipes
  • aqua_marine_light
    Options
    I'll never understand "meal replacement." I use protein drinks frequently as part of my every day intake, but I couldn't replace a meal with any drink short of a puree'd 8 ounce sirloin.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Let's never again speak of this defilement of the bless'd sirloin! 8 ounces of pure heaven shouldn't be reduced to pulp - it should be peppered and still bleeding.....

Now THAT I agree with!
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    NOPE!

It won't do anything to help weight loss if you already eat at a calorie deficit!
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    no
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

you can cook your own food for cheaper than the cost of going out to dinner as well. this doesn't prove much of a point. it's a convenience of not having to do the work of cooking your own food as welll as the health benefits of it.

i'm not using shakeology since i lose weight by just modifying my diet, but just don't see the cost as a barrier.

The point is that whey + multi gives you a better product for cheaper. Part of the expense of Shakeology goes into the fact that it's part of an MLM type of program.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    It works! (If by "works" you mean turns people into marketing drones). Beachbody Inc is laughing all the way to the bank.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I heard it was disgusting.
  • brendaschmitt1
    Options
    Ok thanks for the responses I will not be wasting my money. I will just continue to do what works for me. Thanks
  • TrinityTrinityTrinity
    Options
    I've been on it for a few months now. I am a total BeachBody geek. I have multiple programs
    I read multiple orgasms then had to go back to re-read.

I'm with the group of people that feel regular old food and water plus exercise will get your results.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    No.
  • miadhail
    miadhail Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I don't know what the others have posted. I haven't tried it personally but I had considered it in the past.

Being cheap, I always do a lot of research, LOL.

No doubt, the contents in Shakeology is decent, I think what it basically is, is a meal replacement.

So say, if you are normally eating 500 cal every meal (say you take 4 meals a day = making it to 2000 cal diet) and you replace one of those meals with a Shakeology (which I think was roughly 160 cals), then your overall intake will be much lesser (500+500+160+500= 1660). So if you follow that, you will lose weight since your calorie intake is less. :)

So really, whether it works or not, what works, is not Shakeology itself, but the weight loss recipe that everyone knows; calories in < calories out.
  • jimmmer
    Options
    +1 for Sirloin

PS. You don't need things like this to lose weight. Just eat enough protein and be under your calorie goal. I agree with others that ordinary cheap-*kitten* whey and multi-vitamins contain everything you would get here but for a fraction of the price. It's just marketing at the end of the day
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I know 3 people that use it regularly. All are in great shape and one just lost 30+ lbs while using it. Of course, he also completely the Insanity DVDs and took up running.

It is not a magic weight loss or muscle building drink. You still have to do the work. But if you are looking for a nutritionally sound meal replacement drink that is about $4 a meal, it will work for that.

ETA: a guy I work with that lifts weight but doesn't do Beachbody workouts or Shakeology meal replacement told me he loves the recovery drinks. Apparently they have one that tastes just like a creamsickle.

I lost more than 30 pounds just eating a healthy diet and exercising.

Congrats!! I lost 27 doing the exact same thing! But the OP didn't ask about that.
    The OP asked if Shakeology was some kind of magic substance based partly on her friend's experience. Reading comprehension is an art. :-)