Why dont girls come up to guys

Haltermania
Haltermania Posts: 288 Member
I always had the question on why girls dont come up to guys to spark conversation. i have no problem going up to a girl and talking, but i find it hotter and eaiser if a girl comes up to talk to you. what is your opinion on that?

Replies

• Martoch
    Martoch Posts: 166
    I've had plenty of women approach me - typically late 30s/early 40s are confident enough to do so and that's a turn on for me.
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    I don't understand the question, I have never been afraid to approach a guy I wanted to get to know better. That's actually how I met my husband, saw him, felt a connection, and immediately told him that he was going to be mine. And here we are 7 years of marriage and two kids later. This also worked for me with desired 1 night stands, before my husband that is!!
  • I do it.

Sometimes it gets me into situations that I didn't necessarily intend for... then I run... but it's ultimately my fault for starting up the convo.

It also helps to look "approachable." Smile and make eye contact with people... especially those who you wish would come talk to you.

I'm a harmless flirt though ;)
  • Show_Stopper
    Show_Stopper Posts: 656 Member
    I approach a guy if I'm interested I'm not scared but I'm comfortable with myself and if I get turned down well that's ok just not that guys type and try again but I think a lot of women are afraid to get turned down
  • I came on to my husband and now we're happily married. He loved it and said it was a major turn on for him.
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    I only had it happen in school/college after they get comfortable with you a little. Not really with a random girl hahah :P
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Girls do approach guys as long as they are not ugly or creepy.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member

Well.. this just got awkward.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    It's about, as most things in life, confidence and fear of rejection. I've seen guys I would like to approach but don't really have the confidence to do it - and who likes getting rejected when they already struggle with self-confidence?
  • Haltermania
    Haltermania Posts: 288 Member
    yea i was just curious on responses, like i said i dont mind going up to a girl and talking or trying atleast but if im sitting watching the game or talking with friends and a girl comes up and chit chats there is something about it thats attractive about it. i feel like she is obviously willing to talk instead of you having to pull teeth
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    This is shockingly true.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Shy?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    I always had the question on why girls dont come up to guys to spark conversation. i have no problem going up to a girl and talking, but i find it hotter and eaiser if a girl comes up to talk to you. what is your opinion on that?

Because I never had to.
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    This is shockingly true.

I'm ugly and creepy and girls still approach me so....

and you have a ways to go until you hit your 2000 mark
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    I would totally go right up to you and start talking. Maybe girls near you just suck...
    Or maybe the problem is that they're GIRLS.
    WOMEN would definitely go right up to you, we know what we want and we take it!
  • I think many men are too intimidated by a pretty girl to approach her, so they never meet! I see nothing wrong with being a confident woman and making the first move. I've done it several times and never regretted it.
  • I would totally go right up to you and start talking. Maybe girls near you just suck...
    Or maybe the problem is that they're GIRLS.
    WOMEN would definitely go right up to you, we know what we want and we take it!

AMEN sister!
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member

Sometimes it gets me into situations that I didn't necessarily intend

Because of this.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Youngins may be afraid of that...but us ladies 30+....yeah....we aint waiting around for no one. We want you, we're coming to get you!
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    I've had a hard time with this in recent years....just feel like an awkward spaz half the time hahaha

I'm actually working on my courage - I don't think it's entirely up to the man to approach the woman b/c no matter what, it can be difficult.