Dreading eating tomorrow?

Options
Anyone else dreading eating tomorrow? I want to eat healthy, but it isn't always easy to do...I don't want to pass up great food once a year...and it is only once a year, but I don't want to feel guilty after eating all the goodies. Moderation is the key, but sometimes I just want to EAT!

Replies

• Schmelvie
    Schmelvie Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'm going to eat like I normally do. It will be a lot, and I will go over. It's a special occasion, and I am at peace with that. However, I will make sure to grab for healthy stuff too, which will help limit my intake of some of the not-so-healthy stuff. I'll stop eating when I'm full, and I'll probably skip the pie and have a couple of glasses of wine instead.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    We don't have Thanksgiving where I live, but it sounds like a fun holiday. It seems a shame to dread it. It's just one day. When Christmas Day comes, I have every intention of eating what I like and enjoying it. No guilt required. I'm going to try to eat moderately, but at the same time, I'm not going to feel bad if I overdo it a bit. One day doesn't make someone overweight, and one day is not going to undo everything you've worked for.
  • nhug44
    nhug44 Posts: 10
    Options
    I dont dread it but i am def feeling a bit anxious already over it...i dont want to feel like crap from overeating...but this is a lifestyle and occasion happen...i have a work out planned in the morning for a long run to start the day off right..and i hope i can make healthy options for the most part..i love potato filling and will NEVER deprive myself of it.. i dont need the sweets but will def be drinking some wine....moderation...we got his girl
  • Alishamarie48879
    Alishamarie48879 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm a little anxious about it, but I try to remember that it is ONE day. Exercise, and use portion control. I plan on eating what I want, just going to try not to overdue it. And I will be having wine for sure. Just get on track the next day. These days are going to happen.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to delicious food, friends and family! What's to dread???? What's wrong with you people!!! :noway:
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    No, I'm looking forward to it. It's Thanksgiving :)
  • GrannySparkle
    GrannySparkle Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Don't dread it. Eat what you want and don't feel guilty about it. Then Friday get back on track.

Now I have had gastric bypass. I can't have anything with more than 10 g of sugar. So I am makng my own pumpkin pie using Splenda and most likely won't even touch the sweet potato casserole. But my plan is to eat a little bit of everything...of course my little bit for me is a spoon full.
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    It's one day. I'm pretty sure one day of pigging out doesn't make anyone fat, but go on with being neurotic.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    no
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    no

^this
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    You say "I don't want to pass up great food once a year...and it is only once a year" - so EAT.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Then eat.

Do not gorge.

And even if you do pig out...it's ONE day. Focus less on the food, and more on the people you are surrounded by.
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    No, my neice in law is bringing pumpkin cheesecake and I'm having some.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    This is a lifestyle change, during your life there will be special occasions. One day will not put you back to square one. Enjoy that special day and go back to being healthy the day after. Never dread a holiday, enjoy it have fun, move on the next day. Just don't let it continue for days on end! It's one day! Not the end of the world! X
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Lv08v.gif

^This.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    For the love of all that is Holy...MFPers please do yourself a favor, just enjoy the day. Eat! Eat what you like, eat what you don't like. One day is not going to set any progress you made back. Go for an afternoon walk with your loved ones...enjoy the family time and don't stress about every morsel that goes in your mouth.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Anyone else dreading eating tomorrow? I want to eat healthy, but it isn't always easy to do...I don't want to pass up great food once a year...and it is only once a year, but I don't want to feel guilty after eating all the goodies. Moderation is the key, but sometimes I just want to EAT!

If you are dreading eating tomorrow and enjoying a special event with family, you might need to seek out professional help srs.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    FFS.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I'm anxiously awaiting the display of manliness I will put on. Turkey ain't got *kitten* on me son!

Also I eat pie.
  • _TEMPEST_
    Options
    Yes, I am dreading it...because...I have a mother who equates food with love and has no concept of nutrition. In her mind, I should eat a plateful of candied sweet potatoes because they are veggies. Growing up this way lead to my being overweight and I have had to re-learn my way of thinking about food. So while I will enjoy a sampling of all the goodies, I dread the food-pushing and smothering that comes with it. Dread.