Dreading eating tomorrow?

Options

Replies

• curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Yep...asked for opinions, not name calling. It's karma. :)
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I am so frickin' excited about tomorrow I can hardly sit still today. I am going to enjoy it. There is nothing to dread!! Family, food, and drink, and probably a nap (coma) later. What's to dread??!

The family part of it.

Isn't that what the "drink" part is for?
  • CrazyCatLadylovescats
    Options
    I just found this morning that I can fit "almost comfortably" in pants that I haven't worn in 3 years. I would like to keep fitting in them. My plan is to have some of everything, but small portions. I will probably enter them in my diary before I eat to try to keep from being way out of line. This is possible as it is just my kids and husband. If I was eating elsewhere, I wouldn't be able to enter until I got home most likely.
  • curvykim78
    Options
    I kind of get where your coming from dreading it. I am a little nervous, because I just started counting calories. If I mess up one day it'll turn into two. Then you got Christmas coming up New Years, birthdays, it never ends. I'm going to try the moderation thing and see how that goes :smile: .

YES! This is how I feel! :)
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

Glad you're the self-appointed karma police. That's definitely how karma works...
  • curvykim78
    Options
    I am so frickin' excited about tomorrow I can hardly sit still today. I am going to enjoy it. There is nothing to dread!! Family, food, and drink, and probably a nap (coma) later. What's to dread??!

The family part of it.

BAHAHAHHAA!
  • MizCJ84
    MizCJ84 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Going through the same emotions right now. My eating has been so good the past week, and I'm finally losing weight again. I don't want to "slip up" and eat way over my calories tomorrow. I love the holidays, and being around friends and family, but I'd rather not even be around the food. I feel like the temptation will be too strong.
  • painthoss
    painthoss Posts: 63 Member
    Options

The family part of it.

Isn't that what the "drink" part is for?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • curvykim78
    Options

Glad you're the self-appointed karma police. That's definitely how karma works...
    It is on my posts. :O
  • CrazyCatLadylovescats
    Options
    I'm not looking forward to it at all. I don't want to eat. I don't want to even be around it. I know it's just one day, but I am not looking for a free day to eat what I want. I'm not looking forward to family members noticing that I have lost weight and scrutinizing everything I eat or don't eat. I have worked hard and still have a long way to go and I don't want to have to take 4 days to take off the 4 pounds of water weight that I could put on. I want to just stay home.

Please do not feel this way. I was in your shoes once before. I would dread the holidays because the temptation was just terrible. I felt if i was around it I would not be able to control myself. I once weighed over 300lbs and was able to lose 134lbs ( currently i am pregnant so the weight has gone up again) but honestly just enjoy the day and enjoy some goodies. Just make sure that the rest of the week is healhty and dont over indulge those days. This is what I have learned to do and I have been much happier because of this. Also dont underestimate your family. I used to htink they would judge me because of what I ate or didnt eat but honestly everyone was too consumed by what was on their plate that no one ever mentioned what was or was not on my plate.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I kind of get where your coming from dreading it. I am a little nervous, because I just started counting calories. If I mess up one day it'll turn into two. Then you got Christmas coming up New Years, birthdays, it never ends. I'm going to try the moderation thing and see how that goes :smile: .

YES! This is how I feel! :)

Yep. I can't wait for the "why don't you have a boyfriend?" and "why don't you know what you're doing with your life" questions :grumble:
  • momofthreesons
    momofthreesons Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Normal breakfast in the morning = Coffee
    Lunch is our meal at my brother's house= eating everything I want in smaller portions!
    Dinner- back at my house to normality.
    Exercise= walk like normal.

Good day with a delish meal in the middle!! Yummo!
  • bodyrollin
    bodyrollin Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Nope...already ate today so i don't gotta worry about tomorrow lol.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    The key to enjoying it (for me anyway), is to eat all the tasty foods, but to know when to stop! I loathe that feeling of being so stinkin' full - much better to stop, and go back for leftovers later! :bigsmile:
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    frig one day isnt the end of the world. enjoy urself. you guys are stressing urselves out way to much over this. as long as ur moving and eating right every other day, one day in the grand scheme of things aint gonna kill ya. enjoy ur food, and ur time with family.
  • etntt0323
    Options
    Nope actually looking foward to it, cause I am not doing the cooking :) yeah buddy!!!
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    no

^this

Ditto
  • Wenchilada
    Wenchilada Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    The only times I've ever truly dreaded it were when I was doing Weight Watchers, and when I was not getting along with various factions of my family. Thankfully, I've gotten over both. :flowerforyou:
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    let's assume that the people dreading this have a tiny BMR. let's pick 1200 for argument's sake since alot of people seem to THINK 1200 is the right number for them (that's another issue for another thread). my question is this:

do any of you really think you're going to gain 2 lbs tomorrow if you simply enjoy yourself? really??

2 lbs of fat is 7000 calories. you'd have to eat 8200 calories tomorrow for that to happen. if you're currently eating 1200 calories, that would be an ENORMOUS challenge for you to try and consume that many calories. any weight you gain is going to be temporary water weight. so eat what you want and enjoy yourselves!!! 1 day means NOTHING to your lifestyle change. recognize it for what it is... a holiday, and then get back on your program on Friday.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Making a Paleo Kick-A** Key Lime Pie (Paleo Zone) with Paleo Honey graham cracker crust!! (Against All Grain)

Can't wait to try it!! There will be a few tweaks from the original recipe (agave syrup? Almost pure free fructose - worse than HFCS - no way) and will be using coconut cream rather than coconut milk - although I do love Thai Kitchen brand).

Man can't wait...even have the real deal Key West Lime Juice - Nellie & Joe's 100% Organic....mmm. can't wait.

Thanksgiving is my functional paleo day.

But as long as my carbs stay low I can eat as much protein and fat as I want - and I plan on stuffing myself well. My carbs will come with my sweet potato and my dessert. With any luck I'll eat so much I won't be hungry again until Saturday.