Dreading eating tomorrow?

Options

Replies

• infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Fruck no. I have never been more excited for Thanksgiving in my LIFE. For the first time in nearly 32 years, I feel like my relationship with food and my confidence in myself will allow me to be truly thankful and grateful for everything the Thanksgiving meal means.
  • TahoeSki
    TahoeSki Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    No, I'm not dreading it -- I want food to become my friend instead of my enemy! :). This will be a great test and a welcome challenge.
  • NewMnky1
    NewMnky1 Posts: 264
    Options
    In Canada our thanksgiving is in Oct and I made a very concious decison that I was going to have my normal thanksgiving meal, but I also made a decision to watch my portion sizes and not snack before or after dinner. You can still have what you like but it really is about being aware and chosing what to eat and how much. So enjoy what you like, just enjoy a little less than you used to!
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I can eat pretty normal it's the sweets that get me, so as long as I stay away from the desserts I'll be good. I'm doing extra working out today just to keep myself happy.
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Wow really?!? Way to be a *kitten*.

This was supposed to be a response to the person who said I was neurotic...
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mdeo5czDdH1rzico6.gif
  • OMGSugarOHNOS
    OMGSugarOHNOS Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Fruck no. I have never been more excited for Thanksgiving in my LIFE. For the first time in nearly 32 years, I feel like my relationship with food and my confidence in myself will allow me to be truly thankful and grateful for everything the Thanksgiving meal means.
    WELL SAID
  • idream2bgwen
    idream2bgwen Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    It's one day. Enjoy it!!!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Wow really?!? Way to be a *kitten*.

This was supposed to be a response to the person who said I was neurotic...

Asks for opinions.....calls opinion givers *kitten*......
  • sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    It will be my third Thanksgiving dinner this week, and I ate SO MUCH at the first two, and I'm going eat SO MUCH at the third as well.

And I'm not feeling guilty or dreading it.

And I'm going to enjoy it and it will be awesome.

And I'm not going to cardio myself to death or starve myself after it (or before!).

And I'm not going to step on the scale the next day and freak out.

And I'm going to go back to business as usual when it's over.

I used to be anxious about Thanksgiving and holiday parties and the whole bit. And honestly, that's anxiety and fear, coupled with an unhealthy perspective on food and weight loss, made it so I couldn't enjoy it and was often derailed by it. Don't do that to yourself, it's not worth it. When you can enjoy Thanksgiving with no guilt and STILL reach your goals, why not?! :)
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    There are some foods you get on Thanksgiving day that you don't get any other time of year. Stuffing, yams, cranberry sauce. So have a little of each! Don't count calories for the day-it's going to stress you out, and I promise that one day is not going to mess things up. You've worked hard, and you've earned the right to take a dinner off. Think of it that way, and maybe you won't dread it so much.

Here are some tips if you want to feel a little bit better about skipping the counting:
    -Get some exercise in. Invite a family member to go on a walk! It's great catch up time, plus you get out of the crazy house!
    -Eat the veggies first. Salad, green beans, ect. can fill you up without the heavy calorie load
    -Sit near people you love to talk to. You'll end up eating less because you'll be in conversation.
    -Have a nice long workout today and plan on having one the day after Thanksgiving. You'll feel like to put the work in to earn your dinner.
    -Focus on the day after instead. Make it your goal not to indulge in leftovers.

Also-stay off the scale for a little while. Thanksgiving dinner will be different than what you normally eat and may cause fluctuations in weight due to water retention. Let yourself a few days to adjust before stepping back on.
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I am so frickin' excited about tomorrow I can hardly sit still today. I am going to enjoy it. There is nothing to dread!! Family, food, and drink, and probably a nap (coma) later. What's to dread??!
  • tobeftmom
    Options
    I kind of get where your coming from dreading it. I am a little nervous, because I just started counting calories. If I mess up one day it'll turn into two. Then you got Christmas coming up New Years, birthdays, it never ends. I'm going to try the moderation thing and see how that goes :smile: .
  • coastie_wife07
    Options
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    So yeah tomorrow is Thanksgiving am I like "OMG I don't know what I'm gonna do, all the delicious food and temptations..etc." No because it's one day out of the year. Hell yeah I'm gonna enjoy the foods that I normally don't eat round. I'm not gonna regret it. Now if you decide to eat like that every day then yeah you will probably need to rethink that because you will regret it when you start gaining instead of losing.
  • BlackKat75
    BlackKat75 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I am, but for the wholly separate reason that my mother-in-law, who is a wonderfully nice woman but is a pretty atrocious cook. Since we're flying in from out of state, there's not much I can do to help with the cooking, even if she were to let me. If we're doing Turkey Day at the in-laws, I never overeat simply because there's no real desire to eat much to begin with. (It also helps that they always have pumpkin pie, which I really don't like!) Right now I'm dreading not being able to find someplace open for dinner, so I don't go to bed hungry!!!
  • SammyLou28
    Options
    Anyone else dreading eating tomorrow? I want to eat healthy, but it isn't always easy to do...I don't want to pass up great food once a year...and it is only once a year, but I don't want to feel guilty after eating all the goodies. Moderation is the key, but sometimes I just want to EAT!

Calm down, it is only one day. Enjoy yourself and work out extra hard today and tomorrow.
  • painthoss
    painthoss Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am so frickin' excited about tomorrow I can hardly sit still today. I am going to enjoy it. There is nothing to dread!! Family, food, and drink, and probably a nap (coma) later. What's to dread??!

The family part of it.
  • holly3585
    holly3585 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    If you dread it, and want to eat healthy, than just do it! Do not even have one 'Splurge' Go into it like any other day. Satisfying large breakfast, and when everyone else 'feasts' make a portion control plate and skip the mashed potatos % mac and cheese. If you don't want to gorge, DON'T
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I'm not looking forward to it at all. I don't want to eat. I don't want to even be around it. I know it's just one day, but I am not looking for a free day to eat what I want. I'm not looking forward to family members noticing that I have lost weight and scrutinizing everything I eat or don't eat. I have worked hard and still have a long way to go and I don't want to have to take 4 days to take off the 4 pounds of water weight that I could put on. I want to just stay home.

Please do not feel this way. I was in your shoes once before. I would dread the holidays because the temptation was just terrible. I felt if i was around it I would not be able to control myself. I once weighed over 300lbs and was able to lose 134lbs ( currently i am pregnant so the weight has gone up again) but honestly just enjoy the day and enjoy some goodies. Just make sure that the rest of the week is healhty and dont over indulge those days. This is what I have learned to do and I have been much happier because of this. Also dont underestimate your family. I used to htink they would judge me because of what I ate or didnt eat but honestly everyone was too consumed by what was on their plate that no one ever mentioned what was or was not on my plate.