Dreading eating tomorrow?

Options

Replies

• bellygoaway
    bellygoaway Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    If by "Dreading" you mean wait with eager anticipation, then yes. I am so dreading eating tomorrow.
  • MacInCali
    MacInCali Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I did not gain 65 pounds because I ate too much homemade food on Thanksgiving.
    I gained 65 pounds because I ate too much crap every single day of the year.
    I no longer eat crap every day.
    I will be enjoying the day and all the homemade goodies it has to offer with ZERO guilt whatsoever.

:flowerforyou:
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    nope....but then again i'm Canadian....

but then again, I didn't dread eating on our thanksgiving in October either...

so yeah...NOPE...nom nom nom nom
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    If by "Dreading" you mean wait with eager anticipation, then yes. I am so dreading eating tomorrow.

:heart:
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I'm not looking forward to it at all. I don't want to eat. I don't want to even be around it. I know it's just one day, but I am not looking for a free day to eat what I want. I'm not looking forward to family members noticing that I have lost weight and scrutinizing everything I eat or don't eat. I have worked hard and still have a long way to go and I don't want to have to take 4 days to take off the 4 pounds of water weight that I could put on. I want to just stay home.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I'm anxiously awaiting the display of manliness I will put on. Turkey ain't got *kitten* on me son!

Also I eat pie.

There will be pie round my house, you can bet on it :wink:
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    One day does not make a butterball....wait....that came out wrong.
  • jesswait
    jesswait Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm dreading getting up early, and the drives. I couldn't care one way or another about the food, it's just food.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I'm anxiously awaiting the display of manliness I will put on. Turkey ain't got *kitten* on me son!

Also I eat pie.

My kids made fun of me last year. This year"s goal is to flabbergast the entire family.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    I do not fear it. My kegs are tapped and we are serving 3 different kinds of potatoes.
  • bokodasu
    bokodasu Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Yeah, kinda. I don't like any Thanksgiving foods, except the cranberry jelly that comes out can-shaped. And I'll be with my family this year, so it'll be more traditional (stuff I don't like) instead of the things I make at my in-laws' (stuff I do like). But because there will be food everywhere, I'll eat more than I want of stuff I don't even like, and that irritates me. So ok not "dread" but... what's the opposite of looking forward to? That.

I am all in favor of enjoying the heck out of once-a-year treat foods; Thanksgiving isn't that holiday for me, though, so bleh.

But if you *like* eating that stuff, then I say do so guilt-free. Here, here's an article that will make you feel better: http://projects.nytimes.com/qa/events/thanksgiving-help-line/question/8134. 2500? Not really that big a deal. Even with a few glasses of eggnog and an extra slice of pie, you can still work it all off well before Christmas.
  • _skittybang
    _skittybang Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m4ivdtspdC1rwcc6bo1_500.gif

Eat all the food. Enjoy it.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Pie
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    It's one day. I'm pretty sure one day of pigging out doesn't make anyone fat, but go on with being neurotic.

Yep. It took a good ten years of pigging out for me.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    I do not fear it. My kegs are tapped and we are serving 3 different kinds of potatoes.

Address?
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    The irony of dreading guilt about giving thanks is too much for me to handle.

Just eat and enjoy yourself. Nobody ever got fat from one day. It's patterns of bad choices that are a problem.
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Nope, we have planned to make cuts in sodium content where we can, choose some healthier side dishes but still staying true to our family traditions. While I am not planning on going over if I do I am not going to let it derail me from my journey or ultimate goal. I am going to accept it as one meal not the journey. Part of making this a lifestyle and not the dreaded d word is about learning portion control and making better choices not about depriving one's self to the point of giving up the journey. This will give me the opportunity to see how well I can meet the challenge and learn what I many need to change for future encounters.

Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Anyone else dreading eating tomorrow? I want to eat healthy, but it isn't always easy to do...I don't want to pass up great food once a year...and it is only once a year, but I don't want to feel guilty after eating all the goodies. Moderation is the key, but sometimes I just want to EAT!

eat, drink, and be merry... for tomorrow we dine!

Thanksgiving is 1 day per year. enjoy it. eat what you want. don't dread it. don't deprive yourself. if you want to control portions, great! but you don't have to. you're not going to gain 5 lbs in 1 meal. you might retain water for a couple of days, but your body will flush that out sooner or later. get some good cardio in today and friday. save some calories from today and friday for use on Thanksgiving. other than that, enjoy the day. it's called a HOLIDAY for a reason. there is no shame or guilt in eating a big hearty meal with family from time to time. you know the weight loss secret or you wouldn't be here. do your best at logging what you ate and then get right back in the program on Friday.
  • skinnyforhi
    skinnyforhi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Nope--excited because I know I've been working hard and I deserve the occasional splurge-- and what better occasion than Thanksgiving with family and friends. That being said--I am getting in a workout tomorrow morning before the festivities begin!
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    This is why I'm glad I'm English!