I'm Dreading Thankgiving

Options

Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I hate how there is only enough skin on turkeys to actually cover them. The skin to meat ratio makes me sad.
    As a child I didn't like turkey only the skin.
    My parents would sigh handing me a plate of turkey skin.

Same here. Skin and stuffing.
  • aqua_marine_light
    Options
    Because I am not going to see my family....:drinker:

Yay!!! Me neither!!!:laugh:
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    My sister-in-law use to make a huge pumpkin cheesecake every Thanksgiving, but she moved to New York.
    This year, my mother-in-law is making pumpkin cheesecake ... but in these tiny friggin muffin wrappers.
    Seriously, WTF?!
    The only good thing about them is that I'll be able to turn them inside out over my mouth and swallow them whole.

Marnie, I just ate some pumpkin cheesecake. Downside? There is only one cheesecake for 10 people. This doesn't work for me. I need at least half of one to myself if not the whole one.
  • olives28
    Options
    ugh i hate it when other people try to eat food..like no..leave it all for me
  • Cespuglio
    Cespuglio Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    They pour me a glass of wine instead of setting out a bottle at each place setting.

This is a real world problem!!! Come to my house... we use glasses that hold a full bottle each :)

I'm going to your house too.
  • cyndyv
    cyndyv Posts: 18
    Options
    16 gauge!!! :laugh:
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    <
    No room to eat more than a couple bites at a time. What bites to eat first? Squash dressing? Green bean casserole? Chocolate pie? Nobody should have to make those kinds of decisions. :cry:
  • marywilsoncline
    marywilsoncline Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Turducken.. why stop with chicken? Why can't we stuff a quail and dove in there too? Maybe a hummingbird?

:noway: I did laugh out loud after i read this and did a double take :laugh:
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    This thread is truth.
  • smnmltn
    smnmltn Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Turducken.. why stop with chicken? Why can't we stuff a quail and dove in there too? Maybe a hummingbird?

I smother mine in peanut butter, wrap with aluminum foil, putt it on top of the Jeep exaust manifold, let the engine idle for six or seven hours, cover it with bacon and stuff a porkchop in the middle, then stuff all that in a honey smoked ham, deep fry the whole thing for 45 minutes, and make a porkrind gravy with the reserveed bacon fat.

My cholesterol went up 400 points just reading that...is it bad that I can smell the bacon? #therapy needed STAT
  • minsooky
    Options
    There is never enough cranberry sawce. And if you fill your entire plate with it people will give you the stankeye...#firstworldproblems

Oh well, I am making nutella cheesecake covered in reese's cups to make up for it.
  • ThePartyGoblin
    Options
    This is my favorite thread ever and I love you all.
  • JosephVitte
    JosephVitte Posts: 2,039
    Options
    They try "scooping" my ice cream instead of handing me the tub.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    serving tray and serving spoons (for each person)....problem solved :)

also stretchy pants help make your holiday experience much more pleasant.
  • JosephVitte
    JosephVitte Posts: 2,039
    Options
    [/quote]

also stretchy pants help make your holiday experience much more pleasant.
    [/quote]

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • cornfritter22
    cornfritter22 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Because I am not going to see my family....:drinker:
    I envy you.
  • lexagon
    lexagon Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Ya'll just made my night!

Is it wrong that I'm making an entire batch of stuffing just for me? :laugh:
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    It's one day out of 365. Make it your cheat meal for the week/month and move on. Boom.
  • sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    Options

OMG why didn't I think of this?????
  • lexagon
    lexagon Posts: 495 Member
    Options

OMG why didn't I think of this?????
    Your loss ... more for me! :happy: