plain greek yogurt.. what do you put in it?

Options

Replies

• chris745
    Options
    for savoury add diced cucumber and a splash of lemon juice to make a raita ...yum or for sweet, add a small sachet of hot chocolate powder (reduced sugar variety) to make a chocolate "mousse"
  • groversa
    groversa Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Plain granola and blueberries! YUM! Mix it around and it taste like heaven!
  • ImaFitMormon
    ImaFitMormon Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Chobani 0% Vanilla Greek Yogurt 1/2 Cup with 1 tsp pumpkin butter..my fave!
  • JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    This topic came up before and the idea of putting in Duncan Hines flavour creations seemed to be a hit. Duncan Hines flavour creations are 10 calories a pack, sugar free and come in a variety of flavours. You would have to add sweetner in your yogurt due to these being sugar free because they were made to put in already sweet cans of icing.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    I add in 1 tablespoon of superfruit jam (8g carbs) along with a drop or two of stevia, and some vanilla extract. It's still a lot lower on carbs/sugar than the pre-sweetened stuff.
  • cfregon
    cfregon Posts: 147
    Options
    I tsp of hershey's cocoa powder. I usually add Stevia to it tp sweeten it. Tastes like chocolate pudding. :D Depends on whether you consider that an artificial sweetener though.

Also, is no one reading the OP? So many responses say "Honey" it's ridiculous.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    A half teaspoon of peanut butter melted in the microwave for about 10 to 15 seconds.
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    protein powder or peanut butter chips.
  • chelovik
    chelovik Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I mix in in with chili or in borscht
  • Rebirth08
    Rebirth08 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    1 cup Greek yogurt
    splash of vanilla extract
    1 tsp cinnamon
    I use 1 tsp of brown sugar, but you could certainly use a pinch of regular
    sometimes I add fruit, sometimes I don't

That sounds tasty!
  • PeaceLoveandFitness140
    Options
    Hello. Ever since I started MyFitnessPal, which was a few weeks ago, I have started changing the way I eat. I used to think plain greek yogurt was disgusting since it has barely any sugar in it. Now I love it. I recommend the Chobani or Dannon Oikos brand. Anyways in answer to your question, I always put fruit in it. Blueberries, raspberries, pineapple, chopped banana, or strawberries are my absolute favorite. Hope this helps.

Feel free to message me or add me as a friend. Happy New Year!
  • s0devi0us
    s0devi0us Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    mushed bananas and a tiny bit of natural honey and a bit of granola. usually adds up to about 350 cals. yum!
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    For breakfast I layer fruit, oats and a little maple syrup on it.... o and some cinnamon.. sometimes some nuts like pecans too

for dessert I mix in some cocoa powder and dark chocolate... sometimes peanut butter...

real sugar is ok if you don't like Stevia. Once teaspoon only has like 15 calories and would be plenty to sweeten up a serving. Prolly only need half that.
  • sanndandi
    sanndandi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    bump
  • its5pm
    its5pm Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Fresh blueberries.. the best!
  • KeRAWRi
    KeRAWRi Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Stevia, which is a natural sweetener, in my opinion tastes good in plain greek yogurt. That is saying a lot because stevia doesn't taste that great at all or in anything else. Cinnamon, fruit, or granola could work.
  • Stevia! Its a natural sweetner that tastes and looks pretty much exactly like sugar, but for zero calories. You can even use it for baking! Kind of costy though... But worth it. :)
  • erinthom1984
    erinthom1984 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I like diced up apples, tablespoon of coconut and cinnamon.

Have you heard of Chobani greek yogurt? It's great!
  • SuzieQ724
    SuzieQ724 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I like to put about 1/4 cup of dried tart cherries in mine.
  • purple_orchid
    purple_orchid Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Lots of great ideas.