What's the meanest thing someone said to you?

Options

Replies

• FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    mum, when she 'caught' me eating a bag of tortilla chips after i'd been on an hour long bike ride - which i did EVERY DAY at the time (and was also, incidentally, the slimmest then that I had ever been) - 'DONT YOU THINK YOU'RE FAT ENOUGH?!"

mum, age ten, when i weighed 8st, taking me to weight loss group that was supposed to be only for adults.

the funny thing is she can't remember all the comments she's made to me.

Cant or wont? lol
  • DeTaart
    DeTaart Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Some of these are horrid, I feel for you all. I have never been noticeably overweight (I have other eating issues), but hearing some of these comments has made me realise how we, as a society, see somebody's size as fair game to be abrasively "honest" and downright rude.
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    ya you where good!!! can you leave now I want to go to sleep :noway:
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    ya you where good!!! can you leave now I want to go to sleep :noway:
    This is what the ladies feel like when their partners roll over and want to sleep immediately after :P Thankfully so do I most of the time so this problem doesn't happen in my house LOL
  • Elaen
    Elaen Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    The meanest thing:
    "How far are you" . . . Ummm, I'm not pregnant.
    "Old old is your baby" . . . six yeard. "Oh I thought you had a new born"
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Once a very nice lady at a store asked me if I was expecting a girl or a boy... I said "thank you so much, not sure yet". She said I was gorgeous and glowing.

What a *****! Lmao.
  • Elaen
    Elaen Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Once a very nice lady at a store asked me if I was expecting a girl or a boy... I said "thank you so much, not sure yet". She said I was gorgeous and glowing.

What a *****! Lmao.

The day I fall over and die is when someone says "it is twins"
  • kandijo0306
    kandijo0306 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I had made Easter dinner for my inlaws. While we were sitting at the table, my mother in law was looking at photos from the egg hunt, and exclaims "Gosh, I'm getting almost as big as Kandi"... Hi, I'm Kandi.
  • MuddyEquestrian
    MuddyEquestrian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Good for the doctor although he or she might have been more professional about it. if more doctors told their patients to lose weight instead of treating the symptoms (diabetes, sore back, muscle strains, bad knees, etc.) healthcare costs wouldn't be so stupidly high as they are now.

^^^ I couldn't agree more. Doctor's need to learn some tactful ways of telling people that most of their issues if they're obese are from their obesity. (if in fact they truly are CAUSED by obesity)
  • peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Once I was in a store and a little boy in a shopping buggy said real loud to his mother "look mommy at the fat lady"!!! The mother never said a word to him. I strolled up to his buggy and I said "your mother is doing a fine job in raising you and teaching you manners.......by the way God loves you and I do to" and walked off.......the mother stood there with her mouth open!!
    It's probably best that she stood there with her mouth open--if you said that to my kid I wouldn't have been so polite as to bite my tongue.
    Hahahah I was going to say the same thing! Maybe a kid said something that hurt your feelings, but it likely wasn't intentional. That does not give anyone the right to criticize a parent (underhandedly to their CHILD) and start Bible-thumping just because your feelings were hurt.
  • watcheronthewall
    Options
    "Would it be easier if I was on top?"

-Classic Burn

LMAO...oh.
  • centexhusker
    centexhusker Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    A couple of co-workers used to call me "Ponson"or "Gortes" but its all in good fun.

Now they say "What happened to you Ponson?"
  • _shortstack
    _shortstack Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    One time at a small get together, my dad and a guy friend were talking. The guy was going on and on about how beautiful his daughter is. My dad looks at me then says "My daughter was the most beautiful baby....I don't know what happened as she got older"....

o.O
  • UnoDrea3732
    UnoDrea3732 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    When I was a junior in HS I was walking up the stairwell to class and a boy at the top said "I didn't know whales could fly?" In HS that hurt but my mom has some classics....

"should you really be eating that?"
    "well if you lose some weight..."
    "It's just water weight"
    Me: "I'm offically down 90lbs!!"...Mom: "Losing weight is easy..it's keeping it off that's the hard part"
    "Oh..what weight loss gig are you doing now?"
    "Drea can't eat that....she's on one of her weight loss gigs"

LMAO! It cracks me up to see some of the comments my mom has made. Some people just say things to hurt others to hopefully get the focus off of how effed up they are.
  • embracingmycurves
    embracingmycurves Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You have such a pretty face, but you would be beautiful if you stuck to one of those diets.
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    The one that has stuck with me for the longest time is my Step Mother in Law And My Step Sister in Law saying that if I gave them 3 hours they could make me look like a girl. This was on first meeting, 15 years ago. Funny part is I am still married to her step son and she is long since divorced from my Father in Law.

The worst part of it is that I was raised to NEVER be mean to the elderly. She was short and pudgy and smoked like a chimney. IWish I had said something like Gimmie a toothbrush and 3 min and I could scrub the smell of death out of your mouth. Instead I took it like a mouse.

I think I am more mad that I took it with a smile instead of telling her to go to hell.
  • tlacox1
    tlacox1 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Hey, I remember when I was 8 months pregnant with my daughter and I asked a sales lady at Catos if they sold maternity clothes. Her response was, "No ma'am but the plus size clothing in over there. It's the same thing." Needless to say she got an earful from me and the other two pregnant ladies in the store! Some people just don't think!!!!
  • AnneC77
    AnneC77 Posts: 284
    Options
    My sister and I do not get on, I have a mental illness that I am working through and she wrote on Facebook that I was a 'pathetic fat faker!' That hurt a lot, I am still not speaking to her!

My ex, 'You would be so pretty if you weren't so fat!' and 'You are nothing, no one likes you, no one wants you and you will never find anyone who will like or want you!'

My Mum, she came and saw that I have lost a little weight and instead of saying 'Well done." she said. "you still have a long way to go but your bum has got smaller."
  • Yolashima
    Options
    Ok.. depends where do you come from or what are you trying to achieve. The Hungarian lady probably didn't mean to be mean. Just wanted to help. Remember that in East Europe people are more direkt but that doesn't mean they're rude.
    Yes, I heard from my husband bad things about my size too, and my son commented on my belly too.. but shall I be angry about it, do I really want them to lie to me and say "you look beautiful". I know I don't .. why don't we face the truth and do something about it.. Agree, sometimes the words could have been better than the ones we get to hear, but I think that we all (being here and trying to be a size, two or more smaller) do have selfesteem problems and whatever we hear about us will hurt us. So please do not take those comments as an attact, just try to understand why do they say it, maybe they want to help, motivate but they don't know how....
  • keyjul
    Options
    Without a doubt it was a comment on one of my youtube videos (they are Christian faith based). The commenter (of another faith) said in his country I would not be tolerated due to my disgusting body size. He further dug it in by saying I am shame to my husband, and a shame to my faith.

I cried for a couple days. I know it is youtube, the home of trolling at it's best. But that one really cut me deep, because my husband and my faith are vitally important to me. To think of shaming either, made my heart bleed. It also hurt because I felt there was truth in it. I did have a problem. I do struggle with gluttony. I could be so much better in health and appearance for my husband. And my morbid obesity isn't exactly a positive reflection on my faith. I am not a perfect person. Just as I have been forgiven, I chose to forgive him for his unkindness.

I moved on. Since then, not because of him, I have lost a lot of weight. So that makes me smile. And for the first time in many years, I feel like I have a control on my gluttony. I call it for what it is, even with a hypothyroid problem, I admit my responsibility in the gluttony I certainly participated in...and I am desperately working daily at changing it.

This is beautiful and transparent and a testiment to your faith. Thanks for sharing :)