What's the meanest thing someone said to you?

Options

Replies

• blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    are you do yet
  • bananapancakebella
    Options
    Ex-boyfriends are just the worst.
    Him: "so you're extremely kind, put everyone else first and are always thinking about how to make life easier for your friends.... you're so boring. why am i dating you? there's nothing interesting about you as a person."

Text while he's at a high school volleyball competition (he's a college coach and was scouting): the girls here have such nice *kitten*! let's get you on a program when I get back so that you'll have one too!

I'm a 28 year old law student... I'm never going to have the *kitten* of a 16 year old volleyball player.
  • MrsNANSEE
    Options
    I think the meanest and most damaging was my mom when I was a teenager, and pre weight problem (I was 14, an A honor and advanced placement student, and not going out with boys) that I was so fat and disgusting no one would want me unless I was a *kitten*. It took a long time to realize that my mother had/has a lot of issues that have nothing to do with me but with her own self image. Happy Days/:

(((((((((hugs))))))))))
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Wow I can't believe people can be so mean :(
  • tigztag
    tigztag Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    A few years back, someone i knew at the time called me "Bubba". I wanted to knock him on his *kitten* for that stupid comment, but i held back because he said it in front of a bunch of people, and i didn't want to make a scene.
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I.Must.Get.Off.Of.Here.

been reading these posts for over an hour! Its good for "you think you have it bad...read this" therapy

some examples i can think of;

you would be so pretty if you just lost weight

maybe if you weren't so lazy you wouldn't be so fat

(about a "successful/good looking" guy i met online) he knows what you look like right?/do you only have face pics?
  • AnahitaCanDoIt
    Options
    A boyfriend in college, after our first 'intimate' experience:

You'd be so much hotter if you lost 15lbs. OMG! Fecker! Why did I put up with that ****e? So, I put on so much, I had 50 instead of 15 to lose!

He's a fat bald loser now. I love FB.
  • AnahitaCanDoIt
    Options
    when i was in high school i was shy fat and ugly, every single morning i'd walk into homeroom and a girl would say the same thing every day without fail, "you are the ugliest most disgusting person i've ever seen, i don't know why you even bother getting out of bed in the morning, you should just kill yourself"

That was over 10 years ago now and i can still hear it as if it was yesterday, i don't think it's something i will ever forget

That stuff sticks, sadly. I'm the same: 100 compliments barely erases 1 abusive comment like the above.
  • nerchk
    nerchk Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    One time my husbands friends came over and we were all sitting in the living room talking about marriage and one unmarried friend said. " So all women do gain weight after marriage" i mean i had gained weight and i knew i was big but come on.

Another mean thing i head was towards someone else and i vigorously called the person to order. One girl was looking all good, she had just lost a lot of weight and someone said to her, " whats the point, you are going to gain it back in no time" i was so furious i told her where to get off
  • nerchk
    nerchk Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    oh ya another one of my husband's friend said. " if i was fat i would run, i would just run so fast until the fat falls off" Hello ....im not necessarily skinny, you dont just talk like that about fat people
  • charlie1007
    Options
    Letting me go first in a queue because of my condition! She thought i was pregnant!!!
  • 504Crystal
    504Crystal Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Lets see...

Dad: "you are getting fat girl, all you have to do is back away from the table" I had recently lost 5 lbs and I struggle to even eat 1200 cals a day. If I back any further away from the table I'll starve

My BF: (I texted him to say I was VERY late getting to lunch one day) "Well are you eating a salad?" Ummmmm he's wayyyyy overweight, eats fried chicken and wings almost daily, I'm the only one trying to be healthy and you ask me if I'M eating a salad!?!

My friend: (mind you, she's weighs more than I do, she's really tall so it stretches out. But she's also an apple and VERY big in the midsection with VERY small boobs) "Do you think you should wear those jeans? They're too small for you." They were actually one of my better fitting pair at that time...mind you her jeans gave her muffin top (-_-)
  • elekelk
    elekelk Posts: 107
    Options
    My (current) boyfreind: "I woulden't say you are fat, just... sturdy"

A classmate in higschool called me "the greate whithe whale"
  • glitteredgrave
    glitteredgrave Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    What really gets me is when family members complain about other family members weight in front of you. Classic badmouthing behind the back.

Except when the person they're talking about looks better than me. I wonder what the heck they say about me when I'm not around! Sheesh.
  • sadyel
    sadyel Posts: 250
    Options
    After the 1st ever time i met my boyfriends daughter she came down to him the next time and said wheres your friend fat sarah, but thats just his jealous ex gettin jabs in because she wasnt happy i met her, wouldnt exactly call size 10 uk fat but okay, plus she is really thin so i probably am compared to her
  • tidetevo
    tidetevo Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Bump =to read all comments later
  • mcm724
    Options
    I'm about 50 lbs over weight. A few months ago when we had a family get together at my grandmother's, she patted my stomach and said, "Suck it in!" She then went on to explain, if I did that, my belly wouldn't look so big. She does the same type of thing to my mother. Tells my mom that she never thought she'd live to see the day when my mom would be so huge & 2 seconds later is trying to force coffee cake on her. It's all I can do not to tell her we're using food to comfort ourselves when she acts like a *****.
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    The speaking scales I bought said:

"one person at a time please"

NOOOOO!!
  • Losing2Live1989
    Losing2Live1989 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    We were at a family cookout and my brother-in-law...ex BIL now...married to my husband's sister...anyways me and my mom was in the kitchen setting everything up and we tried a tiny piece of fish to make sure it was done...he came in at the same time and was like damn you fatazz cant wait another minute...ouch!