What's the meanest thing someone said to you?

Options

Replies

• k2charmed4u
    Options
    Ok i've been through more than my fair share of bullying at school but that never been offended as much as what my grandparents said to me once.

They were telling me about a holiday they went on to America and they were commenting on a woman that they met on the tour and said to me "no offence Kas but no word of a lie this woman had to sit on two chairs to support her huge *kitten*!"
    I was like :noway: are you really comparing me to that woman? If they hadn't of said "no offence Kas" at the beginning of this sentence I wouldn't have been offended because I can fit perfectly on one chair thank you very much! But because they did say that I was extremely offended especially when it came from my grandparents. What annoyed me even more was that both of my grandparents are classed at the higher end of the scale of overweight for their age! It hurts more when it comes from family.
  • ksmiley412
    ksmiley412 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    A friend asked me if I wanted a pair of jeans she had bought and didnt like that were 3 sizes bigger then what I wear!!
  • guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    "Don't they have weight requirements in the military?'

Not because I was fat at the time (11 min 1.5mile run...) but because I was 200lbs.

I am that *kitten* to certain people though. I may, or may not have, paid people to walk up to my stepbrother's wife and ask her how far along she is, multiple times, in the same night, at the same bar. Mind you there's a long back-story here, but the sum of it is, they've been married less than a year, she's slept with at least 5 other guys their first 4 months of marriage (lived with them for 3 months, and met all 5), and is just using him as a meal ticket until she finds another support-sailor,
  • fatboymax
    Options
    My grandmother years back... "you are getting really fat...you must be in love"
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    I have had a lot of vicious things said to me in my lifetime...one that stands out...

As I am on the floor...almost passed out from all the pills I took....."I you really wanted to die.....your would have done it the right way...only you could **** up killing yourself"

Guess he was right....I am still here....
  • taylorwaylor
    taylorwaylor Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    The worst is when family is brutally honest:/ My dad doesnt flatout say that im fat..but he always just hints at it like "well you have gotten a little bigger","Your face is more rounded","You do carry more weight on your upper body" and blllaaahhhhh. It just makes me feel like ****! I know im not "fat", but i do want to be skinnier. Maybe thats why im so self concious about my body...I have my dad to boost my self-esteem.... :/
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I did get many digs over the years. At first I just ignored them, then laughed them off. Eventually they started getting to me. And I'm glad they did. I don't know what the final catalyst was, but someone, somewhere, will have made a comment that finally tipped my anger from pure self-loathing to furious determination. So whoever was the mean person who put that last straw on my back, you have my eternal gratitude. Sometimes what you want to hear and what you need to hear are far from the same thing.
  • Jenny_Taylia
    Jenny_Taylia Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    EWWWW is that what a stomach feels like after having a baby?
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I was the only Asian kid in my grade in a African American majority school. At some point, someone said that I used the N-word. All my friends turned on me or did nothing. I got called every name in a take-out menu, told to go back home to my country (I was born here) and endured slanted eyed jeers and a couple death threats... all within about 15 minutes. I didn't get control of the rumor until I hit a guy in the face and asked him "Who said I did that? Why would I do that?" I was angry and in tears. To top it off, I nearly got suspended.
  • victorious27
    victorious27 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    One of my guy friends told me that if you weighed anywhere near 200 lbs, you shouldn't be wearing shorts. I was 190 lbs and wearing shorts that day.

I told him he was being an a** and he had no idea why -- he thought I weighed about 150.

Still completely insensitive. I can't stand people with that mindset, people can wear what they want! Especially if it's hot outside and they wanna wear shorts! :angry: :grumble:
  • painthoss
    painthoss Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    My mother:"If I could do it all again differently, I wouldn't have kids."
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Getting a pedicure, I made a comment about how I rather have someone do my toes and the technician said, "Oh, is that because you can't reach them?" Let's just say, her tip reflected how I felt about her question.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    "I liked you better when you were fat."
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Can't recall the meanest thing ever said..

Do recall finding a picture of myself and a long time friend, at my prom...with "FAT *****" written across it in marker. Thanks, Mom.

Yep...that hurt.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm.... Can't say I have ever taken words poorly...action is far greater....but then, I dont give a **** what other people say about me.
  • Deathofafatgirl
    Options
    Dad: You'd be so pretty if you just lost some weight
    Mom: If you just lost some weight your body would match your face
    Husbands Father: Are you going to love her still if she continues to grow as big as a barn?
    (That one hurt the most because it was said on my wedding day in the bathroom and I didnt find out until a week after the wedding this was said. And the worse thing was my then husband (now ex) didn't even stick up for me.)
    Best friend: You know you should probably eat a salad, its not like you need to put more weight on.

Now that I have lost 110lbs I have a girl at work who constantly leaves sweets and junk food in my work locker knowing 1.) I was type 2 diabetic 2.) I am still losing weight 3.) I have 0 willpower. I want to throat punch her.
  • prairiedawg2014
    Options
    boss' wife said to my hubby about me.....well if she lost all that weight......how much loose skin is she hiding under her clothes?
    :mad:
  • k2charmed4u
    Options
    my ex as he was walking out the door:

"You know if you hadn't lost all that weight, we would still be together"....

oh...and two weeks ago when he called to rant about how much life sucks for him

"You are still ugly as f**k."

Thanks dude...and you wonder why I block you?

:/

Jeez he sounds like a charmer :huh: lucky escape there :wink: congrats on the weightloss :happy:
  • Ke11yJo
    Ke11yJo Posts: 141
    Options
    * When are you due? ... co-worker
    * Sorry our store does not carry "your" size" ... Fairweather
    * You'd be so pretty if you lost some weight ... Cashier at a store
    * You will NEVER be successful without the help of a personal trainer. ... Personal Trainer at GoodLife I go to trying to get my business.
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    There's a funny quote in the video game Portal 2.. The robot named Glados says "if you want to upset a human, just say that their weight variance is above or below the norm"