Anyone go over their daily calorie limits? I did...

Options

Replies

• little_lisid
    little_lisid Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    2600 over. Do I care? Of course not. It's just one day,meant to be enjoyed. Back on track tomorrow

precisely - i go over all the time, but i go under all the time too - I find I can balance my weight now ok, but its only come with like 8months or so work, it takes time to find your mojo, but once you get there its worth it. Don't stress the small stuff, enjoy the big picture :D
  • Nickle526
    Nickle526 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm over by about 1,500. I feel fantastic about it, because I usually eat way more on the holiday. Over the past few months, I am realizing that food just doesn't do what it used to do for me.
  • little_silver_bell
    Options
    Nope

but I cheated and worked out
  • thunderer74
    Options
    I did pretty good for this year. I guess I burned all those calories from cooking all morning and went for a walk with my family. I wasn't too worried. Thanksgiving only comes once a year, even though Christmas is pretty a big meal as well. So I pretty much ate 1,000 calories today.
  • Noflexing
    Noflexing Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    i normally eat 1900-2050 calories a day to be a 1000 calorie deficit, i've been doing so well for 8 months that i gave myself today the day to relax and not measure or count anything.... but i did eyeball everything really well and know i ate around 4500-5000 calories but you know what it was worth it because its all apart of it. Its only one day it doesn't mean your slipping it doesn't mean anything it was just a day with family. Don't let it discourage you. and it was an eye opener it proved that the food really wasn't that good in the first place it was more of a phony pleasure than anything. but the chocolate cake was good lol :D
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    98 calories over and had a fantastic day and wonderful dinner.

And you know what? I have a 500 calorie deficit and budget 1300/day, so I'm still below neutral for the day. What the heck.

I may have brie and a glass of wine later. :wink:
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Well over...and couldn't care less. Logged it (as close as I could, since I didn't measure anything) and laughed at the red numbers. I still might have another piece of pumpkin pie and some more turkey before the night is over. Food is my ally, not my enemy.
  • jenillawafer
    jenillawafer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Surprisingly, I didn't go over. I would have though if there was 'nuff food to go around. My father had some last minute work and didn't cook the turkey, bread, dressing, or sides. We had a dinner at my grandmother's house and luckily she bought a ham the day before. We scavenged the kitchen for sides dishes and made a pumpkin pie. :laugh:
    What a bunch of troopers! Sounds like you all rocked the day! Happy Thanksgiving!

Sure did! Happy Thanksgiving to you also. (:
  • pickledginger
    Options
    Roughly doubled my usual allotment -- pretty much as anticipated! Good day, good friends, good food; not as if I do this more than two or three times per year.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Yup sure did!! :love:
  • conorpatmanCHANGED
    conorpatmanCHANGED Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    yerp. idk how much by though because i didnt log
    but i burned 650 and i had eaten about 1250 before dinner
    so maybe like
    2000 over? more? :p
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    Only went over by 200 calories. I had small pieces of dessert and didn't go back for seconds. I was stuffed after my first round, so I made myself not go back for more, I probably would have before MFP.
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    i went over by 30
  • Cherbear67
    Cherbear67 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Glad it wasn't Thanksgiving here.. Not sure what Xmas is going to be like but I am going to take it one day at a time..
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I went over by 1,101!!! :laugh:
  • tobnrn
    tobnrn Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Yupperks by over 1200 cals. A big breakfast & 3 dinners with deserts. No regrets. It's the one day gluttony isn't a sin. :drinker:
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Yes. And the night's not over yet.
  • repmlrs
    repmlrs Posts: 154
    Options
    yes
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Yes, but only by a little*.

*"a little" = 1,426
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I didn't even bother logging my calories today. I ate what I wanted and didn't sweat it. It's one day and I'm not going to gain back 110 pounds on one day. Back in the game tomorrow. No harm.