What do you keep your heat set at??

odusgolp
odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
My girlfriend just told me her thermostat is set to 61 degrees. I'd shank someone if my house was that cold.

What do you keep your thermostat set at??

Replies

• oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Like 78? Everybody hates it and says it's like the sahara.
    But it's like 20 degrees cooler downstairs. :(
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    lol I have electric heat....the livingroom is set to 60, the kitchen to 50, and the bathrooms at 50. Second room is off and my bedroom is set at 60.

To make up for this, we put plastic on the windows and have room heaters. I can't wait to put in new windows...lol Plastic lasts a day before one of the cats puts a claw through it. *facepalm*
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    62. But I live on the fourth story of a pre-War apartment building and I get everyone else's heat too :laugh:
  • My husband won't let me set it any higher than 68 :grumble:
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,438 Member
    62 during the weekday when at work, 70 during the evening and weekends when home and 65 at night when sleeping
    31993703 Posts: 1,144
    Don't even turn the heat on.

<3 living in Florida.
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member

But we have a wood stove and my house is usually over 70.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    lol you're welcome for more thread making fodder :drinker:
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,046 Member
  • my husband is always warm, so I can't put it above 70 or he'd get all cranky, but I'd LIKE to have it around 75-78
  • swisswife
    swisswife Posts: 47 Member
    I WOULD have it set to 21 but at the moment they are all off and we are benefiting from our downstairs neighbors heat which means if I don't keep the windows open I'm at 26 degrees... which considering its only 8 degrees outside is a bit too high !!!

Sorry I'm European I can't do 'big numbers'
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    My husband keeps it set to 68, there's no real variable temperature because our house is rarely empty with our conflicting schedules. We get a lot of heat from the sun during the day, but I'd smack a ho for turning it down any further. Sometimes I can convince M to turn it up to 70 when I'm really cold, but most of the time I just walk around in thick socks, sweats and under a blanket. I also go to bed 2 hours before he does, so I take the dogs with me to help warm up the covers.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,923 Member
    68, until my boyfriend gets cold and turns it up. I'd be happy with 65...
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,010 Member
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member

out of principle
  • pilotgirl2007
    pilotgirl2007 Posts: 368 Member
    I set mine to 68 but the heater doesn't shut off when it is supposed to (something about something being broken and needing a bigger hammer to fix it! lol) So it was at 72 all day even though it was set for 68. I don't run it unless I am home
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    66 at night while we sleep....and since my husband works nights, it's usually set on 66 most of the day while he sleeps too.

I crank it up to 72 in the evenings though. I like to be warm. If I'm busy around the house doing stuff I turn it down to 70. I guess I just keep it comfortable for me, lol!
  • Rum_Runner
    Rum_Runner Posts: 617 Member
    Haven't had to use my heat in 2 years...hopefully wont this year either.

Don't be hatin'!! :tongue: