What do you keep your heat set at??

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    lol you're welcome for more thread making fodder :drinker:

Cause 61 is bat *kitten* crazy, and you need to talk to that man of yours!
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    We keep our's around 65. I figure for what Natural Gas prices are at, we can wear plenty of sweatshirts and blankets if we need! But since we're used to it, we find that's usually pretty good.
  • EnderNC
    EnderNC Posts: 383 Member
    Unless I have company over, I keep my heat off and carry a space heater around with me. Heat set to zero :0
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    65-ish
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Thermostat is set 65.

However, I keep a pretty much constant fire in the wood stove so it's usually around 70-71 in the house. The heat pump on 65 is just a backup.

JM
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    64 when the house is occupied by waking people. Timer is set to drop it to 55 at night; I use a space heater in the bedroom. Also, I have a gas stove in the LR - when that's on the LR is a toasty 73 and the rest of the house stays in the low 60s.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    72, but I live in Miami, so we just run A/C year-round. I've only had to turn on the heat once since I've lived here.
  • CincinnatiDEIFan
    CincinnatiDEIFan Posts: 188 Member
    Don't even turn the heat on.

<3 living in Florida.

^this. :-)
  • bridgelene
    bridgelene Posts: 358 Member
    I live in Ohio (our high today is 41* and low is 25*) and during the day I keep it about 64*, 'though turn it up to 68* or so for showers. At night I turn it down to 60-61*F and crack the bedroom window.
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
  • deagh93
    deagh93 Posts: 77 Member
    65 on the weekend and in the evenings when we're at home, 55 at night/when we're at work. I just wear a sweater and smile when I get my utility bill and it's 1/3 of any of our neighbors'.

ETA: I do have a little electric space heater to warm up the bathroom for showers, but no need to heat the whole house for that.
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    we dont have the heating on at all hardly
    sometimes for a hour or so in morning to take the chill off
    but we have a woodburner in the lounge... working in C the lounge is comfortable at 20C... ok at 21... melting at 23! when we reach 23 we open doors and windows which always amuses me when its snowing out :P
    x
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    It's set at 78 degrees downstairs right now and It's only November. It usually gets bumped up to 82ish in January.

You people must be freezing....
    31993703 Posts: 1,144
    Haven't had to use my heat in 2 years...hopefully wont this year either.

Don't be hatin'!! :tongue:
    No reason to hate when I am in the same boat. :drinker:
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    I keep it set so that it's 70 when I'm up, and 64 for sleeping.

I'm a lot colder this year - less insulation! But so far I've resisted turning up the thermostat.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    68 (20C) if I set it - at which I'm borderline too warm in a T-shirt and wife has three layers on and cold
    73 if my wife set it - I'm then too hot in shorts and she still has three layers on....

Thermostat wars!!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    had to go convert from celsius...

63 in most of the rooms. 72 in the bedrooms at night (the kids throw their covers off all the time, so we keep the rooms a little warmer)
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Bout 71 when home and 67 when sleeping and in the morning when everyone is either working, school or daycare.
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    im so cold since losing weight and everyone in my house is hot all the time so i had to resort to buying a personal heater lol
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member

I work from home and move around a lot. If it were only me I would maybe go a few degrees down. When I work out I open a window. Plus I like to open a window a bit in each room to air things out. I live in Iowa.