What do you keep your heat set at??

Options

Replies

• jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    AC or heater, my thermostat stays at 70 year round.

ETA: This of course depends on the weather. If it's nice out, we turn it OFF and open the windows. This happens a lot in the Spring and Fall.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    70. I HATE the cold.

It's off all day, though. And, it's off all night. I can sleep in zero degree whether. No problem. It's just when I get up, I need the heat on. So, all in all, it's only on a couple hours in the evening, and during the weekend. But, it's actuall been nice out where I live, so, even though I have the heat set on 70, it hasn't been running much at all.
  • MMAQueen
    MMAQueen Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    we haven't turned ours on yet, but when we do it'll likely be set to about 16 or 18 C. which is about 60 F.

on saturday morning it was 12 degrees(53) in our house. but we are only home in the late evenings and over night, so we don't bother turning it on till it's way to cold to drag yourself out of bed.
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I prefer 68 degrees. If you get chilly put on warmer clothes. I grew up in a house that was kept around 60! But there's a baby in my house & her mom likes it closer to 74. Luckily we're rarely home @ the same time. I don't understand needing it that hot, stop dressing your toddler has to stay in a diaper & tshirt all the time & put it in some warmer clothes!
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    66F.

We have natural gas and a new stove that is also natural gas that is only $1 per day to run.

Natural gas is the way to go in New England.
  • OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    65 because I don't want the electricity bill to be expensive. But if I could I'd have it set at 80 all the time. (Probably higher if it would go higher O.O
  • Slack2ShortGo
    Slack2ShortGo Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    68 when home
    66 when gone
  • ashleyoh33
    ashleyoh33 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    72 and my boyfriend hates it. It's free! Let me turn it up as high as i want! He would crank the a/c in the summer and we have to pay for that!
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Heat = 70
    A/C = 74

I often have to switch between the 2 during the winter: heat at night and A/C during the day. Lovely GA temps.
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    62 during the day and 55 at night
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    72 when I'm awake and 68 at night. I use to have it at 68 all the time, but since I lost my insulation I've been feeling the cold more. Even at 72 I have on a sweat shirt and wool socks. I'd like it higher, but don't want to roast my family.
  • Lala20112
    Lala20112 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Centerl A/C and heat . In the summer set @ 75 Winter @ 68 :)
  • wendyj910
    wendyj910 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Shoot...I have all the windows open right now! It's a lovely 75 outside. But, if I have to put the heat on it's set to 68. But, that is only if it gets below 40 outside. And living in Florida that hardly ever happens. I love the "winter" time because my electric bill gets cut in half!
  • RiannonC
    RiannonC Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    74 in the winter and AC at 79 in the summer. I have always gotten cold easily and I refuse to wear a coat in the house now that I own my own home.
  • cruiseking
    cruiseking Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Heat? My house is almost 8 years old, and I'm not sure if the heat even works. I Love Florida.
  • kit8806
    kit8806 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Mine is set between 65 and 68... I used to like it warmer when I lived at home.. then I had to pay my bill. Now I don't mind being a bit cooler.. I like my sweat pants and hoodies anyway :)
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    My husband won't let me set it any higher than 68 :grumble:

Same here. My boyfriend works in the HVAC business and tells me all the time that 68 is the median temp that the human body adjusts to blah blah blah.... and then tells me to put on a sweatshirt.

I'd be great with like 73, but I'd have to get him to move out first....
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    My girlfriend just told me her thermostat is set to 61 degrees. I'd shank someone if my house was that cold.

What do you keep your thermostat set at??

We keep ours at 72 degrees.
  • Eric_7788
    Options
    Its a constant battle in my house. She likes it less than 65 and I want 68-70. :grumble: