• laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    71-72 degrees. Glorious.

Same.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I WOULD have it set to 21 but at the moment they are all off and we are benefiting from our downstairs neighbors heat which means if I don't keep the windows open I'm at 26 degrees... which considering its only 8 degrees outside is a bit too high !!!

Sorry I'm European I can't do 'big numbers'

double it and add 30.
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    we dont pay for heat so i dont know but i think its chilly.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    My heat is always at 72. During the summer my house doesn't hit 72 but during the winter I keep it at 72 and because of all the drafts it feels like it's freezing. ):

Edited to add: The hottest it got in the summer - with no heat on - was 68. :) It's weird. Can't retain heat in the winter but doesn't overheat in the summer. Odd little house.
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I don't turn it on at all. I just put another blanket on. My Husband will put it at 72 at night sometimes though.
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Heat? :laugh: I almost turned the AC on yesterday.

You must live near me. It was 80 yesterday here. I was sweating while putting the Christmas lights up.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Heat? :laugh: I almost turned the AC on yesterday.
    I woke up this morning with it being 56 degrees outside and my boyfriend running the AC around 65 degrees. He said it was 'too hot'. I could have killed him!

Either way, I've never had to run the heat here either. Hooray FL weather :tongue:
  • Cervantest
    Cervantest Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    64 when we're sleeping
    66-70 if it's really cold out. We live in SC and there aren't many days like that!
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    72, I'll pay the bill before I'll be cold.
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    I keep the heat at 70, if really cold then 75.
  • eileenchristine
    eileenchristine Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    61 to 64. 61 at night and 64 during day if its windy specially. I don't like paying for heat :P
  • surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    my husband is always warm, so I can't put it above 70 or he'd get all cranky, but I'd LIKE to have it around 75-78

my husband is the same...we compromised and I got it to 72, any higher and you'd swear he was dying faster than frosty in a volcano..
  • Artemis726
    Artemis726 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    60 at night, no more than 65-68 during the day. We're northerner's, so we really need to watch it.
  • vcp214
    vcp214 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Either 62 or 66 depending on the time of day (programmed). Our downstairs is about 10 degrees colder so lots of layers.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I'm really surprised at all the people running heat while at work or sleeping. What a waste of money and resources. Is there a reason for doing that?

I live in Cali, so it rarely dips below 40. If it does, we all act like our lungs will freeze if we step outside. LOL. But, still, why would you run the heat while you're not home?
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    I'm really surprised at all the people running heat while at work or sleeping. What a waste of money and resources. Is there a reason for doing that?

I live in Cali, so it rarely dips below 40. If it does, we all act like our lungs will freeze if we step outside. LOL. But, still, why would you run the heat while you're not home?

Because for a lot of us the high in the winter can be 20 degrees. It wouldn't make much sense to heat your house up to 70, then just shut it off and let all the warm air out/cold air in would it? THAT would be a waste of money. Because no matter how good a house is insulated, it is still going to have a draft..
  • ZombieSlayer
    ZombieSlayer Posts: 369 Member
    Options

Because for a lot of us the high in the winter can be 20 degrees. It wouldn't make much sense to heat your house up to 70, then just shut it off and let all the warm air out/cold air in would it? THAT would be a waste of money. Because no matter how good a house is insulated, it is still going to have a draft..

This.... and some of us have pets. Yes, they have fur coats, but if they're not outdoor pets they don't grow a heavy winter coat... and if they did, it would be cruel to turn the heat up on them.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options

This.... and some of us have pets. Yes, they have fur coats, but if they're not outdoor pets they don't grow a heavy winter coat... and if they did, it would be cruel to turn the heat up on them.

Makes sense. I don't have any pets. I never thought of that. I do worry about my guitars sometimes. :)

I guess it makes sense to keep it minimally heated so that when you get home and turn it up, it doesn't take a ton to heat the house up again. I wonder which way would cost less though. I mean, I'm gone 10 to 12 hours during each week day. Keeping it heated all that time seems so wasteful. But, as I said, I don't live in freezing conditions, so maybe there some aspect to that I don't understand.
  • ZombieSlayer
    ZombieSlayer Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I wonder which way would cost less though. I mean, I'm gone 10 to 12 hours during each week day. Keeping it heated all that time seems so wasteful. But, as I said, I don't live in freezing conditions, so maybe there some aspect to that I don't understand.

This sounds like something the Mythbusters should test. :smile:
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I am constantly turned at "off" and I'm in winter mountain country. For some reason our place is so hot without the heat on. My gas bill will not climb over $25 all winter. And no I don't have coats or boots on. I wish it would get colder in here actually! When it is on, it's 65.