Examples of Body Fat % for men. With Pics

Options

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Body fat percentage is really nothing to consider without some sort of muscular foundation with it. The lower body fat percentages shown here happen to have guys with great muscle.

A picture, showing 1 guy at varying body fat stages while maintaining the same lean body mass would be a better comparison.

Exactly.... the pictures look SOOOO much better than I do at the same bf%.

Except for the super-low-fat ones. Those are just gross.

Actually - too late. The body shaming already started!

Whoops!

Sorry, should have added, "in my opinion."

No, you should have added that they are not your preference. There is no difference between saying 'those are gross' and 'in my opinion those are gross'

Oh, sorry for saying it wrong. It never occurred to me that the word preference would be less offensive than the word opinion.

Its the word gross that its the problem here not preference v opinion

So I shouldn't say, "My preference is men who aren't gross?" :laugh:

OK, I give up, Sara. You win. I will no longer offer my opinion about what I think is sexy. I'm happily married anyway, so my opinion on men is pretty irrelevant anyway. (Note to self. Stay out of chit-chat forums on those "rate the poster" threads.)

Dear me, can you not see that calling a particular body image gross is body shaming?
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    3-4% is VASCULAR THAN A M***********

I wish there were a good example of these for women. :(
    body-fat-percentage-women.jpg

All these women look fabulous. IMHO.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    that was a stupid post...nobody quote me before I delete it...

I have it open in another tab - was trying to find a pic to add. You now need to bribe me not to post it :wink:
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    3-4% is VASCULAR THAN A M***********

I wish there were a good example of these for women. :(

You can thank steroids for that person's appearance.

Yep good ol cholesterol being a prime-1 for steroidogenesis
  • MissFitee
    MissFitee Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I just asked my boyfriend where he thought I was at.
    He told me I'm the 15-17% one. I told him I disagree and that I think im a 25%.
    He looked highly annoyed and said that, if anything, Im the 20-22 but that even that is stretching it.

That tells you something about self-perception, does it not? And the perception of others. Who's to say who is right and who is wrong? =)
  • louiselebeau
    louiselebeau Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    10-percent-body-fat-male-pictures1.jpg

HAHAHAHAHA!!! Super skinny not built dudes rock! Seriously, I love those dudes!
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I like 25% for both men and women. I love 25% for men, I love a little bit of chub and a babyface. Sigh.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I wonder if there is a comparison of females at 10-12% with a less muscular version. Would help with my goals.

This shows the comparison for women at 15% with more and less muscles mass (as well as pics for various other female percentages). http://www.blogilates.com/best-of/5427378002

I didn't look through all the comments, so maybe someone already shared this.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I just asked my boyfriend where he thought I was at.
    He told me I'm the 15-17% one. I told him I disagree and that I think im a 25%.
    He looked highly annoyed and said that, if anything, Im the 20-22 but that even that is stretching it.

That tells you something about self-perception, does it not? And the perception of others. Who's to say who is right and who is wrong? =)

yes, either that or your bf is greasing the skids for some "boom chicka wow wow" time tonight. :bigsmile:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I wonder if there is a comparison of females at 10-12% with a less muscular version. Would help with my goals.

Not 10-12% but this might help.

15-percent-body-fat-female1.jpg

Oh, right here, someone did already share this.
  • daveyboy_685
    daveyboy_685 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    25 to 35 percent for women is just yummy!!!!
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    200, 180. 170, 160

transformation160640x339600x318.jpg

28ish%.......................................................................................................................................................14ish%

• JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Eww 3-4% is gross!!!! 10-15% is nice
    i agree with you!
  • Tenster
    Tenster Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    According to an electronic body stat test I had done at the gym the lowest I have ever been is 7% although looking at the photo I would probably say I was closer to 10%.

I imagine I am around 12% at the moment and will drop to 9% by summer time
  • HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I like 25% one :)
  • Mehaulm
    Options
    200, 180. 170, 160

transformation160640x339600x318.jpg

28ish%.......................................................................................................................................................14ish%

Dude, that's awesome. What height are you?

• PennyHarris123
    PennyHarris123 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    hey thanks for the womans one too! makes me realise i'm not so bad!!!
  • mousepaws22
    mousepaws22 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    The woman's one is interesting- I am at about 36% body fat (it's been a while since I had it done) but I look like the 45% one. Maybe because I'm really short? Or maybe the body fat test is wrong, which would be depressing!
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Nice to hear how horribly strict you gals are. Kind of sucks for us guys that are never going to be able to hit 10%.

I've seen you post up things like this before. You always sound so bitter.

Just because a few women on here like a certain picture, does not mean that no woman in the world is ever going to find you attractive,

On the other hand, if you want to look like that, work for it and stop moaning.
  • Amanda21202
    Amanda21202 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    OMG 3-4 and 6-7 makes me feel sick. But that's just me.

On the mens one