Sixers Valentine Vixens Week 4

Options

Replies

• drtamm
    drtamm Posts: 427
    Options
    Cathy- So sorry to hear about the problems with your husbands job! I'm sure God will work it all out. At least he is a provider, he is always prompt with his job searching! I'm praying for you and the family

Lulabelle- Glad I could help spark some motivation. LOL.... You can definitely do it!

Kristin- Soooo Sorry about your evening! You are doing a great job, look at how much you have removed so far. Don't dwell on the weak moments, move to the stronger ones and they are coming!!!!

Rhiannon- I'm sorry you missed your practice but I know you will make it up! Hope your dear friend is dealing ok with her situation. Sounds like you have your hands full as usual! Those pounds suck !!! I get them every so often, and Tiff can tell you I go crazy... FOR A MOMENT and then I say... I'm doing the right thing so BUMP the SCALE. (not actually BUMP....lol, imagine more BAD word)

Amy- Hope the new job is great for you! I'm glad you are getting insurance. We can't wait to hear from you again!

Tiff- You know you have always been a great story teller! I love your positive mood! You are gonna make strides! YAY

All other sixers!!!!- I hope you are doing great. I read the post and commented on the ones I remembered, so blame my memory!

As for me!

I'm sitting here.... after doing a 30 min DVD at home deciding if I want to do the elliptical. I believe since I have workout everyday this week I deserve a break HOWEVER I did have lunch catered at work on the same day I brought treats. LOTS of calories. Gosh! Just reading this makes me KNOW i'm gonna get on the dumb machine upstairs. TEARS... not really. Why don't I just take the calorie hit.... I know bc my body doesn't like me much and I MUST be near perfect for results! Well guess what is predicted in my area again tonight... SNOW. I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooo sick of this. LOL, You see I don't do extreme temperatures well. So, I'm off to listen to some music and at least do 20 mins of cardio!

Nite,

Tamm
  • gonabfit
    gonabfit Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I'm sick. my neck hurts, sniffling, getting a headache. Boohoo! And I went ot with my friends... so now I;m back home and headed to bed. didn't eat healthy foods, didn't workout.

Starting over asap. gotta sleep.
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Tiff, you'll be right back in there. Just let yourself get better!!

Tamm, thanks for the encouragement friend :heart: - you always know just the right thing to say to me! And I understand your frustrations: my body also seems to want near perfection or I am severely "punished" by it. It takes so little to see the wrong changes!! I hope you enjoyed your workout :smile:

Well, we were up late watching the Olympic opening ceremonies. It's SO COOL to have the Olympics happening so close to us! We thought about going to Vancouver next weekend but a friend was there the other day and said it was a ZOO and the games hadn't even started yet. But yes, very emotional to be not only in the host country, but to have the games hosted in a city that is near by and very familiar to us! Also the fact that we're in the capital city means there's been good presence here too. I have my issues with the commercialization of the games, but there's so much good to it that it's a great thing to enjoy!
    G'night everyone!!
  • amyls8710
    Options
    Hey sixers! Just been an overall busy week for me. I had my first photoshoot yesterday with some friends in a long time... I hadnt taken pro photos in a few months... i had started feeling burnt out when about THREE other people (one my cousin, two other people i knew) started doing the same biz as me ! and i mean in the same time i was excited for them but also a little betrayed because it is a small island and it basically took ALL my clients from me .... so i just stopped to take a breather ! but it was fun to have a photoshoot for my friends little 2 year old ! so beautiful! anywho ... i leave on sunday for my 10 day vaca ! GONNA work hard to lose some lbs while im gone!

lemme do personals before the baby wakes up !

Kristin- good for you for getting a good start to the week! so proud of you! Im sorry kadence isnt sleeping too well... every baby is different. My babe is 18 months old... and still gets one bottle a night ! he is in 50% weight and height... happy....sleeps well... naps well.... has a steady routine.... and still gets a bottle with formula! the doctor told me it is nothing wrong with it .... at all... because every baby and every mother is different. !!!! so you do what you feel is right ! Some nights he sleeps the entire night... others i find when he is teething or not feeling well he wants more milk or water ! SO you know whats right for her ! way to go for getting some awesome workouts in ! awww we all have those days/nights when we have to just let it all out girl ! glad you recovered quickly and started a new day !

CAthy-- how are you feeling? Happy belated birthday toyour son ! what a sweet momma to make him cupcakes ! ill be praying he finds a new job soon! your pizza night sounded delish ! way to go ! KEEP UP The great calories ! sorry you had a bad day with the headaches ! ouch ! i dont get them often but the few i do get are killer ! WOW sorry about your husbands work stuff.... I hope he can find a great job just in case this company he is with has to close ! ill be praying for you!

Kel- im so glad your feeling better !!!!! and congrats ! THAT IS QUITE the accomplishment ! my hubby smokes and i have expressed to him numerous times that ONLY HE CAN Force himself to quit ! not me, not the baby.... just HIM ! ...... he has to want to do it !!!! very proud of you !

amy(pdx)-- HEY GIRL ! .... challenge is good sometimes ! keep up the hard work ! it will pay off !

Alison-- We bought a 18ft boston whaler outrage ! and my hubby gave me the opportunity to name it !!! hehe ! so sweet!

Tamm-- hoping all your hardwork pays off on the scales this week !

Tiff- i totally agree... sometimes its so easy to say Oh well i missed my slot of time.... tomorrow is fine ! but when you choose to just do something quicker and perhaps LIGHTER... its still something ! im proud of you and hey it happens to all of us ... and dont fret ! I TOTALLY have looked over the entire house for my car keys thinkin the baby took them and hid them... and found them next to his carseat IN THE CAR hahahah !

B- sorry you were sick girlie ! i had a bad cold last weekend !!! Thankfully i feel alot better now ! the past two days havent been so great for working out but i have done ok for food !!!! good luck getting up for ZUmba ! i kno you can do it ! .... and congratz on getting thru week THREE ! good for you ! awww i hope you make enough money to go to your bf ... ! xox

Lorna-- im so sorry your dealing with all these things associated with our confusing female body lol ! wow those pills sound crazy ! i agree... if you dont feel better soon... then i wouldnt stay on them ..... !!!! why put your body thru it for no help ! you know your body better then anyone!

rhiannon-- ouch you too ?!?!?!? with the migraines ! wow ... seems to be alot of those going around ! Sorry the kiddos wont go in the gym play area nemore ! im sure that made it a lot easier to get in a gym workout but like you said... even despite the setbacks its so possible to do something at home too !

Pam -- very proud ofyou for your goals ! I know you can do it!

oh btw- named our boat SAND STORM !
    laterz girls !
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    good morning.......what a beautiful white morning it is.....

we got 7 inches of snow. i think this is the most charleston has ever gotten. will post pics when i get some good ones. the poor doggies. one just did his thing and bounded back up the steps the other little one was running and didn't want to come up the steps, he couldn't see them. DH had to sweep them off. he had little snow balls stuck to his long fur. and other parts. poor little guy. i know it's a messy thing, but, just so beautiful.

i was just as excited about the snow as if it were Christmas morning.

well, need to get some breakfast and watch the news.

later
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Well, I have eaten all by 200 of my calories already this morning (got the munchies, although all nutritious stuff), and it's only 8 a.m. Guess I'll be doing a marathon at the gym today.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    good morning.......what a beautiful white morning it is.....

we got 7 inches of snow. i think this is the most charleston has ever gotten. will post pics when i get some good ones. the poor doggies. one just did his thing and bounded back up the steps the other little one was running and didn't want to come up the steps, he couldn't see them. DH had to sweep them off. he had little snow balls stuck to his long fur. and other parts. poor little guy. i know it's a messy thing, but, just so beautiful.

i was just as excited about the snow as if it were Christmas morning.

well, need to get some breakfast and watch the news.

later
    It looks like my Montana area did yesterday morning! Sooooo beautiful and refreshing!!!
  • vhuber
    Options
    I was busy the last couple of days relief driving for Fed EX, and I also had a body invader that lasted a couple of days! I still got my workouts in but when you are driving and must make it to certain stops before they close I get stressed and munch and snack. The first day I had all healthy snacks but yesterday I had deliveries where fresh baked items were and yes you guessed right, being a sugar addict I caved and needless to say I had THREE items that were NOT low calorie. I did not really eat much else except some chicken last night so my calorie total was not bad but it was just the nutrients I had were from poor food choices! I am feeling better today and got in my hour P90X workout, I am weak and shakey now, I am sure from both working it hard and from being sick! I told my "sweetheart" NO chocolates at all!!!
    I love my Valentine Vixens and I wish you Happy_Healthy_ Hearts!:heart::heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • chipper15173
    Options
    No power using blackberry getting cold in here, have fire going and lots of blankets on the bed. Just like way back when. Just wish I had more light to read by.
    Later
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Well, yesterday I went to the gym and was able to burn 950 usable calories, so that put me back in the game for the day. Thank goodness for exercise calories.
  • chipper15173
    Options
    good jobs verda and lula on your workouts. i start with my 1/2 hour trainer on tues. excited.

we have power back, maybe an hour ago. sure was a rough 29 hours of no power. just on the verge of losing food. didn't eat well yesterday. DH took me out, couldn't cook, and it was a valentines special at beef o bradys. and we had the best chocolate cheesecake ever. so went over calories, by alot.

had a nice romatic evening even without power. no wonder back when people had so many kids. LOL

have lots of computer stuff to catch up on.

later
  • gonabfit
    gonabfit Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Happy Valentine's Day!!
  • vhuber
    Options
    I was sooo happy my dear sweetheart did NOT buy me ANY candy! He bought me two very pretty plants and I bought myself a new pair of PANTS! Size 6, I was quite excited but I about put them back when I had to pay $74.00 for them.:huh: So far the day has been sweet and now I must go sweat so we can go for a nice dinner! Have a nice day my vixens!
  • drtamm
    drtamm Posts: 427
    Options
    Happy Valentines Day Vixens! WE all seem to be doing well! I'm soooo pleased with everyones positivity and abilities to work with what the world gives us! LOL. Enjoy your Valentine's Day! Glad to have my sixer friends in my life!

I did YOGA this morning! Since I worked out everyday last week. I WANT to take today off. THOUGH.... I've been plotting on doing a step DVD. Decisions! LOL

Amy- Thanks for the kind words!

Rhiannon- glad you are doing well! YAY

Cathy- Enjoy your day! :)

Verda- You did a great job and your sweety knows how to LISTEN. LOL. Enjoy those pants, if you like them you can splurge!

Tiff- Feel better girlie! :)

All others... I hope you are having a great Sunday! I really enjoy Valentine's Day! I buy gifts and just enjoy giving! LOVE can be such a wonderful thing. I love my friends and family. Without support we would all probably be sad. Be thankful for your friends!

Take care,

Tamm
  • its_B
    its_B Posts: 491
    Options
    Happy Valentines Day sixers!!!!!

Thats really all i have time for today,, but your all in my thoughts!
    B
  • amyls8710
    Options
    hey girls
    just checking in quick !!!!
    im on vaca in florida with my mom !

yesterday i ate great but the only thing was I HARDLY ATE ANYTHING cuz of all the travelling !!!! i am going to work hard !!!!! I may even get a treadmill workout in today in the gym... if not we will be doin lotsa walking today !!!!!!!! and once i get to my grammas house i have my dvd's to use !!!!!!

check back in later ... if not ill weigh in tomorrow on the hotel scale !!!!!!! xoxoxo
  • chipper15173
    Options
    good morning ladies...

what a quite weekend here.

amyls....have a good time on your vacation. lots of walking and water works well.
    tamm....i got a dvd from the dollar store it's 4 workouts in one. haven't tried it yet. maybe today.
    tiff...doing great on your workouts and with work. hows your hip?
    verda...feel good in those new pants. you worked hard for them. they say we really need goals and rewards. if we don't have them we don't have anything to work for and give up quicker.
    pedal...how was your weekend. hows the walking.
    kristen...hows the baby sleeping?
    b...busy is good, than no time to eat.
    everyone else...hope things are going good with you.

it's so nice to have power again and be warm. tomorrow i start my 6 weeks with the trainer and nutirition classes once a week. i will workout tues, wed, thurs. for 30 mins each day. excited.
    i have been working on the food intake instead of everything this past week and there will be good results tomorrow. it has worked for me. this week will be getting back into the workouts. next week will be working in the gym and more.

my aviator pic is the granddaughters with their snowman. they rolled the 3 balls and shanell & i lifted them to stack.

need to get some housework done and laundry.

later
  • izzypup
    izzypup Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Wow.... so much went on this week. I have logged in my food and exercise but haven't had time to chat.

Amy - have fun in FLA! It snowed here!

B - Sounds like you feel better.

chipper - glad to see you have power!

Tamm - I like to do a short 30 min dvd step and then a yoga dvd. Makes the muscles feel good.

vhuber - Size 6... great for you... but 74 bucks! wow.... My moto is --- if its not on sale its not in my cart! LOL

St. Louis has a rather large Mardi Gras celebration. Saturday went down there in the cold to see my son play his guitar/band at a friends place. There were all kinds of fun and celebrating going on!
    Anyway... glad to be back on here... Hello to everyone i missed... have a great week!

Sandy
  • its_B
    Options
    Amy S- SOOO JEALOUS! I want to be in florida!!! (mainly for the warmer weeather and to see my boyfriend haha) I hope you have a great Vacay!!!! And I am sure you are going to work hard while having fun!!!!!!!!! I dont think I am going to be able to have enough money to go to florida, so it seems my spring break will be spent home and alone :( it sucks being in a long distance relationship! BUTTTTT With the money I have been saving, I think i can get new running shoes! SOOO when i get to week 7 I can run for 20 minutes without developing sores! haha! Keep it going girlie!! Your the bestest!

izzypup - I do!!!! Ive been feeling better since thursday. Which allowed me to still work out this week, yay! Although not as much as i was hoping too! OOO your son is in a band, that super cool!

cathy- love the new picture! cant wait to find out your results from all the good eating!!!

tamm- AWWWW HAPPY VALENTINES DAY TO YOU TOO!!! I loved your post! did you end up doing the step dvd!?

vhuber- wow! well they say the expensive pairs last the longest, i have no idea if that is true or not, i buy clearance at Kohls haha. AWWWW cute on the pants, and the verbiage of your post!

Tiff- Happy Valentines day to you too!

To those of you i didnt get to your in my thoughts and I cant wait to see the results tomorrow! GOOD LUCK!
    B
  • its_B
    Options
    So now for my update, Right now I am starving because i havent ate breakfast yet haha, But Sat. I ran day two of week 3 of C25k. I am behind this week because of stomach thing i had going on for a couple days last week. I didnt however wake up for zumba on SAT which makes me a failure in my book.... Sigh. Sunday I rested and spent the day with family. I napped and I ate, I didnt go over calories though! :P

Today I got up for zumba, even though i was 10 minutes late :( but it was a good workout! I was sweating a ton! I am going to go to class at 11 but when i get off around 1230 I am going to return something to best buy, then come home, change, go to the gym to run Day three of Week 3 for C25k, return home to make a bento box, eat said bento box, nap, go to class, eat dinner, pass out haha. I am so lame that I can plan my entire day out, every day...

I think today i might cook some tofu that i picked up last weekend. ITS called FIRM tofu... Here is my predicament. I have never made Tofu in my entire life, I have had it a few times, but i have never made it/cooked it... So..

DOES ANYONE HAVE A GOOD TOFU RECIPE I COULD USE?!!?!?! (p.s. nothing to spicy!)

Check in later!
    B