Sixers Valentine Vixens Week 4

Options
12346»

Replies

• PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

B, tofu is easy. Technically, you don't even have to cook it. It takes on the flavours of whatever you're using so if you've got a sauce or something or some herbs, just let the tofu sit in it as you prepare other things.

I hope everyone had a nice Valentine's Day!

It seems like I can't catch a break right now. My nutrition was pretty darned good all weekend. I made chocolate strawberries yesterday (made with melted toblerone... uhm, YES.) But I managed to have just one which was decadent and satisfying, amazingly. However, I've done something to my foot. I did a 14k walk yestrerday hoping it would feel better and was just a cramp (the foot issue came up just before my walk) but it made it worse. Today I can hardly walk on it. I feel so cursed right now. So, I don't know if I'll be able to continue THIS training either :frown:
    Kyle was great though (my husband) - ultimately i've always wanted to compete in triathlons and he suggested that I just lay off my running / walking stuff for now and focus on swimming and cycling (and I want to incorporate more weight training as well) which made me feel good. I was in tears off and on yesterday because I'm just feeling so betrayed by what has for my entire life been such a healthy, athletic body (at MUCH heavier weights than I am now!). It's so psychologically difficult, especially because I'm very competitive with myself and have been doing some kind of athletic training for many years (whether it has been competitive dance or half marathon). I feel benched and that's the hardest for me. So I think Kyle's advice of doing the cycling and swimming which will be little to no impact on my knee and foot, as well as weight training, will make me feel productive and like I've got a goal still. I'm having to rest my running for now but I can ramp up the other two facets of triathlon in the mean time. The only shame is that running is something you can just step out the door and DO where cycling and swimming require equipment / facilities. Ah well.

Last night I realized a way of describing the feeling that will be VERY motivating for me and may help you on an off day: Someone out there is saying about me "look how hard she's working for this! Does she want it badly?.. Let's see if she'll still go after it if she has to swim up-stream to get it. .... Well! She's still going! Let's see if she'll give it up if she has to swim up RIVER for it. ....Look at that. Still going. What if she has to climb a waterfall to reach her goals? ......" You know what? I DO want to achieve my goals. I'll climb the damned waterfall the cosmos has forced me to climb to prove I want my goals. My quote on my profile until recently was "obstacles are present not to block your way, but to reveal to you how badly you want something". Time to walk the walk! (or should I say, cycle the cycle or swim the swim... :laugh:) It'll be nice to get back on my bike though. Just have a couple of repairs to make. My handle is 'Pedalhound' for a reason ya know :wink:

Well, I'll try to get some personals in later when my kiddos are playing with their friend who comes over on Monday afternoons.
    New week ladies!
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    SO...had a weekend full of horrible food choices and NO exercise...BLAH! So, we shall see what the scale holds tomorrow morning!

Hope you are all having a good day!