Have YOU lost 30lbs?

Options
124»

Replies

• wannadance
    Options
    My first 30 was lost over about 4 months. It does happen, but it just takes different amounts of time for everyone - we all have different bodies, lifestyles etc. Hang in there :flowerforyou:
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Hummm 20 pounds in 20 months. Slow? You bet but I would not do anything differently
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I started here at the end of May, and it took me until about 2 weeks ago to drop 30lbs. Slow and steady wins the race for me.

I am hoping to hit a goal weight of around 130lbs at the one year date. My DR is happy with that goal as well. Actually, he wants me skinnier than that....I kinda laughed at him....and he was OK with the 130 compromise.

ETA that my first 20 came off rather fast. I was working in a summer day camp with kids and my workouts were insane!! I was a calorie burning machine!!! While they played at the park, I would walk for 2+ house while watching them. I was swimming with them 2 times per week. On top of that I would doing regular cadio and heavy weight lifting at the gym after work.

It was not uncommon for me to drop 2-3 lbs in a week and for a starting weight of 190, that's really good!!
  • bexxgirl
    bexxgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    It has taken me a year to lose 30 pounds and the only time I feel bad about that is if I'm lurking on the 'success stories' forums and I see people who've dropped the same amount in 3 months.

The rest of the time, I just feel good about it!
  • anothermop
    anothermop Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Some of the responses have been males. While it's helpful to get that perspective, remember there is a world of difference between male and female weight loss. So don't expect the same results or processes.

BTW The Mayo clinic says 1-2 pounds per week (or 1% of your body weight) is recommended.

♡ Serena
    You're right. There's a world of difference between men and women. My wife is much better about sticking to the diet. Even though she has more to lose then I do, having the no-lose 1 week every month has slowed her weight loss. We started at the same time; I lost 40 and she's lost 30 in 5 months.
  • jay10587
    jay10587 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Started Jan 2012 at 199, currently 163 (fluctuates between 161-165) as of Nov. 27.