MY FRIEND WANTS TO EAT UNHEALTHY WITH ME

Options
1235»

Replies

• p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    You are far too young to be this obsessed with "fat days" and food.

Eat ice cream and enjoy your friend's company.

Then go home and do your homework. :flowerforyou:
  • ladybug114
    ladybug114 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised by the amount of negativity a lot of you have.

Chill. Goose fraba.

Be positive. We're here to support, not hinder.

K? K.

THANKS. People are suppose to help me lose weight, not " suck it up and break how good I'm doing. "
    and just because I'm young doesn't mean I shouldn't watch me figure.
    Sorry I want to go out, have fun and still be healthy.

I think it's great that you don't want to break the good that you've done. If you did want to have ice cream, then I'd say go for it and have a little. But it sounds like you don't really even want to have it. If you can, explain to your friend that you're trying to be healthier and ask if you can find something else to do together. And I agree with you about being young, bad health habits often start in childhood and teen years. Cheers for wanting to be healthy now.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    So, tonight My friend and I (who I haven't hung out with in a while) want to hangout. We wanted to go out to eat but he decided on dessert, like we go out for ice cream. I JUST got back into eating healthy and exercising. Tuesdays are not my fat days. Where should we go/ what should I get? HELP!

There is nothing inherently unhealthy about ice cream. Eat and enjoy!
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Your problem I think, stems from having 'fat days' in the first place. Learning to balance your diet so you can afford to have a treat when you feel like it will get you much further than guilt tripping when someone upsets what you had planned to eat or not eat. It's just ice cream - eat a few less carbs tomorrow if you feel the need to balance it out, or better yet - go for a walk.

I agree...Everything in moderation :) If you tell yourself "I can't eat that" it will make it all that more tempting. You have to find a balance to make this a lifestyle change not a "diet"

Totally these 2 things. A resonable calorie deficit and eat what you like. It's the whole "fat day" mentality that is a little twisted.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised by the amount of negativity a lot of you have.

Chill. Goose fraba.

Be positive. We're here to support, not hinder.

K? K.

THANKS. People are suppose to help me lose weight, not " suck it up and break how good I'm doing. "
    and just because I'm young doesn't mean I shouldn't watch me figure.
    Sorry I want to go out, have fun and still be healthy.

You can eat ice cream and still watch your figure. It will be ok.
  • SofaKingRad_
    Options
    OMG UR SCREWED! U BETTER JUST STOP TRYING 2 EAT HEALTHY ALL TOGETHER THEN CUZ THIS WILL BLOW IT
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    If he puts the ice cream on you. It's a double treat!:love::blushing: :drinker:
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    1. I feel awkward about the whipcream comments now that I'm almost positive you're under 18... o_o

2. The whole, "Freaking out friend wants to eat with me omg fat day" thing reminds me a whole lot of myself when I was 15, starving myself, and only eating one or two days a week. I would have near breakdowns if an unexpected event came up that I "hadn't planned" my calories around (see: 0-100 calories). Anecdotal, sure. But just something to throw out there.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    He doesn't sound like much of a friend. Perhaps he's actually an enemy spy?

(P.S. I was not being serious. I would like you to go have ice cream now, and then don't post about it afterwards with guilt, just smile and enjoy your ice cream).

Ding ding ding! I eat ice cream almost every day. Just eat it and log it. If you can find it in the database, you can get an idea of what you want and pre-log it.
  • sugar_cube
    sugar_cube Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    1. I feel awkward about the whipcream comments now that I'm almost positive you're under 18... o_o
    Yeah, I actually find it disgusting.

I don't know if you already went out with your friend. But I'd be the voice of dissension and say no don't do it.

One ice cream won't make you gain a ton of weight (unless like me you binge when you have sweets. Sugar <3333) but if you're eating really healthy why throw it off.

Also, I had the same situation and it led to major regrets for me. Like your's, my friend wanted to go out for desserts (except it was at a frozen yogurt place.) I also hadn't seen him in a while. He really wanted to go and I really didn't. I told him I haven't had sugar and dairy in a while, I'm pretty sure I'm lactose intolerant and I have sensitive teeth. Well like I said he really wanted to go. So we went. :brokenheart: It was the WORST! I ended up having a crazy bad reaction to the frozen yogurt. I started chocking, coughing and couldn't breathe, my friend had to go buy me water. Not to mention I had pain in my mouth b/c of the cold. I actually ended up being sick for a week.
    Also, it was absolutely mortifying for me to be like that in front of a whole dessert shop.

Now, I'm sure that your experience will be better, but, I think ultimately you should stick with your gut. If you don't want to have ice cream. Don't. Do something else. If he still wants dessert maybe go to a restaurant where you can have more options.
  • prokomds
    prokomds Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    A world where I can't occasionally have ice cream guilt-free is not a world I want to live in :)

And "fat days" sounds like an unnecessarily negative way to look at things? Yikes.
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Yogurt Mountain isn't bad depending on what toppings you get and how big of a bowl you get.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    People gain weight because of McDonalds and Burger King.

No.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,264 Member
    Options
    I'm seventeen guys.
    The whipped cream, handcuff comments made me laugh.
    Just cause I'm a year under 18 doesn't mean I have virgin ears/eyes.
    I eat everyday, three meals, two snacks. I don't starve myself.
    I like natural foods. Fruits and veggies, organic as possible.
    Eating candy and sweets was not an option LONG ago.
    People gain weight because of McDonalds and Burger King.
    Just saying. I use to exercise and not watched what I ate and I never ever lost weight.. maybe even gained some.

So, you lied about your age... you are supposed to be 18 to use this site.

People do not gain weight because of McDonalds and Burger King. They gain weight because they eat too much. No ONE food is going to make you fat... unless you eat a ton of it. I have had ice cream constantly through my weight loss. Plus the occasional burger or pizza or other tasty awesome foods I refuse to give up 100% and I have still lost weight. Why? Because I account for them in my calories.

And "fat days"? Really?
  • sarahertzberger
    sarahertzberger Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    have frozen yogurt instead of ice cream it would be better, or you could get a fruit smoothie
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you could go to a local tofu bar and string a legume neclace?
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    frozen yogurt.

stop being a drama queen.

Is everything ok at home love? You sound a bit... crabby in your mood.

Just because the OP asked a question who's answer seems like a no-brainer to us, doesn't mean you need to jump to their throat like this. And considering that this was like her 2nd thread ever made, I think calling them a drama queen was a bit harsh.

Maybe you should have some ice cream yourself too?

EGGNOG ICE CREAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

I have never had eggnog so dunno hwo that would taste like. But I have heard they got Maple walnut ice cream in Canadia and would LOVE to try it out. THAT sounds freaking AWESOME!

Taunto...it IS!!!.....

it's an orgasm in the mouth...trust me.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Since 99.9% of you are telling me to suck it up and have it.
    Which is the healthiest flavor....or kind of ice cream other than surbert or frozen yogurt?
    and for you that asked, a FAT day is
    where you allow yourself to have sweets without feeling guilty

I don't know the "healthiest" flavor, but maybe a fruit sorbet would have less calories?
    I think you're way overthinking this. Order a small or kid's size. Don't get extra toppings. Get (or bring) a bottle of water. Bring your own snack if you feel it's necessary. Enjoy your time with your friend.

Re: "fat days" ie days where you "eat sweets without guilt"--I never feel guilty after a treat, although I might feel a little sick if I eat too much of it. Separate the emotions from the food if you can. Eating a small treat along the road to getting healthy is NOT a big deal, but missing out on time with a friend because you're "dieting" could be a big deal.

Edited to add: if you're 17, you're on this site illegally. Maybe try sparkteen?