Need to lose between 30-40 lbs??

Options

Replies

• tndiva10
    Options
    Hi All! Here's hoping for a better weighin this Wednesday. (Up 4 lbs last time:sad: This weekend I moved a lot and dusted off the eliptical and used it for 30 minutes. Hope everyone enjoyes their day!:flowerforyou:
  • momofcrew
    Options
    Back to Monday work week yall!

I always struggle with the weekends. I really like the mini-challenges tho! They are easy enough and help keep everyone accountable. I need to kick it back into gear because I really dont know if Im going to make my goals if I keep going this way. Great during to the week, not so great durring the weekend.

Keep the motivating words coming!
  • momofcrew
    Options
    Back to Monday work week yall!

I always struggle with the weekends. I really like the mini-challenges tho! They are easy enough and help keep everyone accountable. I need to kick it back into gear because I really dont know if Im going to make my goals if I keep going this way. Great during to the week, not so great durring the weekend.

Keep the motivating words coming!

This is me too! I am great during the week, but the weekends kill me:cry:
    I just keep thinking, I just need to work on one thing at a time. Right now I am working on excercising at least 4 days a week and staying within my calorie goals. I hope I can do it this week.
    Hooray for Mondays, so we can get back on track!:flowerforyou:
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    GRRRRR so went to spin last night and it the instructor was a no show :grumble:
    wasn't too happy about that, esp since I had already had 3 of my home made granola treats :ohwell:
    healthy in moderation :laugh: lol

anyhow, spin today at lunch, 40 min instead of an hour, and then 75 min of zumba tonight to kick self into gear, instructors choice tomorrow at lunch (some sort of circuit work) and then spin and zumba on thursday again. hoping to motivate myself to go to muscle pump on saturday at 9 am though i really enjoy my sleeping in the one day of the week, so will see. I wish it was at 10. :bigsmile:

hope everyone is having a great week

PG :flowerforyou:
  • robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for a new work out that is mostly cardio, Insanity with Shawn T is great.
    I can't do all of the moves but I still sweat my @$$ off anyway.
    My weekend was ok till I went to Panara bread and ordered a dozen bagles, it went down hill from there. Oh and the cotten candy at the circus didn't help either.
    Back on track now that they are gone.
  • UCONNCOED
    UCONNCOED Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Hey just checking in... went to the gym last night. I did weights and 2 miles run/walk. Its nice to force yourself to get the week started right! I am OFF TRACK for our weigh in goal.... and also off track for my march goal. Not pleased with myself, but I think if i really buckledown I can hit my own personal march goal (or at least get close). Hope evryone is doing well.

Any motivational words and stories are welcome!
  • manxtatt2
    Options
    been a tough week , not holding out for a loss tomorrow , but time will tell ;-)
  • mrsgiffin
    Options
    I am getting nervous about the weigh in tomorrow! It was a rough kind of weekend! !Good luck to everyone else!!
  • erinm
    erinm Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join this group?
  • missyannb85
    Options
    :brokenheart: :brokenheart: :brokenheart: COME ON EVERYONE!!!!!:brokenheart: :brokenheart: :brokenheart:

What is going on with everyone this week?! We are all so down on ourselves! Lets get back with the program! THIS IS ONLY WEEK 2 OF 30!!! How are we ever going to make it? Lets boost our confidence and get back to where we all were on day 1! Get excited about losing weight again! There is a very long journey ahead of us but with eachothers help and support WE CAN AND WILL DO THIS!!!! I need everyone to sit back right where you are RIGHT NOW and close your eyes. Say to yourself 5 times... "I CAN DO THIS, I WANT TO DO THIS, AND I WANT TO DO THIS FOR ME" Personaly, I know I have had a couple slips this week as well but pick yourself up and keep a steady pace to our finish line! You are allowed to make mistakes, everyone does; it's how you bounce back from them that makes you who you are!!!!
    So come on everyone! Keep up the momentum and get your excersise in tonight no matter what!! You will feel so much better about yourself once you do!!!!
    WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!
    :heart: Melissa
  • Magenta15
    Options
    :brokenheart: :brokenheart: :brokenheart: COME ON EVERYONE!!!!!:brokenheart: :brokenheart: :brokenheart:

What is going on with everyone this week?! We are all so down on ourselves! Lets get back with the program! THIS IS ONLY WEEK 2 OF 30!!! How are we ever going to make it? Lets boost our confidence and get back to where we all were on day 1! Get excited about losing weight again! There is a very long journey ahead of us but with eachothers help and support WE CAN AND WILL DO THIS!!!! I need everyone to sit back right where you are RIGHT NOW and close your eyes. Say to yourself 5 times... "I CAN DO THIS, I WANT TO DO THIS, AND I WANT TO DO THIS FOR ME" Personaly, I know I have had a couple slips this week as well but pick yourself up and keep a steady pace to our finish line! You are allowed to make mistakes, everyone does; it's how you bounce back from them that makes you who you are!!!!
    So come on everyone! Keep up the momentum and get your excersise in tonight no matter what!! You will feel so much better about yourself once you do!!!!

WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!

AGREED :bigsmile:

got my spin in at lunch, and off to zumba in an hour.
    dunno if i will have a loss for tomorrow for the group's WI but I am sure i will for my regular WI on friday which should reflect in next week's group numbers so i am not stressing!

rah rah rah! we can do it!
  • Magenta15
    Options
    burned over 1000 cals today!!!!!!!!! w00t! :bigsmile:
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Melissa, your words couldn't have come to me at a better time. I've totally gone over my calories today, but it's time to bounce back! Thanks for the boost!
  • Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    <snip>

You are allowed to make mistakes, everyone does; it's how you bounce back from them that makes you who you are!!!!

<snip>

Well said, Missy. Very well said. :drinker: Thank you for the sage words. :heart:
  • Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Missy inspired me with her encouraging words, so...

My weight has fluctuated a lot this past week due to TOM, but... I did 100 crunches Sunday, and another 100 tonight. They were _really_ hard -- but I finally got to 100. It took me about 40 days to achieve this. I put in the work -- the time, the sweat -- and it paid off.

Success can be measured in more ways than just the numbers on a scale.

Did you choose to eat something healthy today, rather than fast food? Did you get your body moving with some exercise? Did you drink enough water? Did you mess up, but forgave yourself and vowed to do better tomorrow?

Every day is a new chance to do something good for ourselves. Every day is a new opportunity to lay a strong foundation for a healthy future. Every day is a gift, to be treasured -- make the most out of it. Be more forgiving -- of others, AND of yourself. Try something new -- you might like it. Challenge yourself to do something that terrifies you -- you wont know how strong you are until you try. Be with the people that you love, do the things that give you joy, and appreciate all that life has to offer you. Make today the best day you can -- and do the same every day afterward. Smile, laugh, love. Most importantly, love yourself. It's the greatest gift of all.
  • OliveCulona
    Options

WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!

This is the pep talk I needed coach!!!! I have been so critical of myself this week and here it is... The morning of weigh-in and guess what... I BROKE MY PLATEAU!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been stuck at 173.4 and my weigh in today is 172.0. I'm SO EXCITED!
    THanks to everyone and their suggestions about breaking plateaus, and the motivation I am still on track... Keep it up everyone I know we can do it!! So here's my breakdown...

SW: 184.8
    CW: 172.0

GW: 145
    MiniGoal: 169 by March 10
  • Magenta15
    Options
    no change in weight today, which i suspected (maybe by my friday personal WI)
    but I still feel good about it as I have been working out hard lately

as I mentioned before i did spin and zumba yesterday, today am doing a circuit type class, then tomorrow more spin and zumba.

I have also been getting more water in which is hard for me.

:flowerforyou:
  • BigdaddyJ
    Options
    ok here are my numbers for this week:

I'm 264 lbs today, mi mini goal for next week is 262.

I was 263.5 sunday, it always seems that I gain .5-1.5 lbs early in the week but loose more towards the end....weird!

Good luck all!
  • missyannb85
    Options
    :wink: :wink: WEIGH IN DAY!:smile::smile:

JUST A FRIENDLY REMINDER THAT TODAY IS WEIGH IN DAY!!!! GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE! PLEASE GET ME YOUR WEIGHTS AND YOUR NEW MINI-GOAL WEGHTS SET FOR 3/10!!!!! PLEASE EITHER POST THEM TO MY STATUS, ON OUR THREAD OR MESSAGE THEM TO ME! REMEMBER, IF YOU DO NOT POST A WEIGHT FOR 2 WEEKS IN A ROW I WILL ASSUME THAT YOU ARE NOT STAYING ACTIVELY INVOLVED AND YOUR NAME WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE CHART!
    GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE, WE ARE DOIN' IT!!!
    LETS SEE IF WE CAN LOSE ANOTHER 50LBS TOGETHER THIS WEEK!!!
    KEEP IT UP!
  • cmurphy04722
    Options
    CW: 164
    GW: 145

Mini goal for 3/10: 161

I have had a mini goal of 160 by St. Patty's for awhile, looks like I might be making it happen! Whoo!

My "secret" lately has been doing a 250-300 calorie workout in the morning and munching on fresh veggies and fruits between 300-400 calorie meals. Some days it's hard to even eat all the calories! Love it! My body is learning or something... :-)