Need to lose between 30-40 lbs??

Options

Replies

• missyannb85
    Options
    I would really like all of us on this journey to check out this story. It is filled with inspiration and advice. I have never read something that made me feel so good!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/81336-the-keys-to-my-success

It's a fellow MFP that has lost well over 100lbs and she took the time out of her day to give vital advice and the least we can do is check it out!

Keep up the great work everyone!!
    I will have the new chart up tomorrow morning!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    weigh 146.2, whoo! mini goal for next week in still 145. thanks for the peptalk melissa!
    dawn
  • TnTHawkins
    TnTHawkins Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I would really like all of us on this journey to check out this story. It is filled with inspiration and advice. I have never read something that made me feel so good!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/81336-the-keys-to-my-success

It's a fellow MFP that has lost well over 100lbs and she took the time out of her day to give vital advice and the least we can do is check it out!

Keep up the great work everyone!!
    I will have the new chart up tomorrow morning!

Thank you for the link. It is a great success story and something to think about on this journey to the new me.
  • UCONNCOED
    UCONNCOED Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone - I'd like in!

My name is Shannan and I'm 36, married for 11 years, no kids. I work as a lab manager for the dental hygiene department of a college here in Miami (I'm also a hygienist, but don't work in private practice). I was on mfp last year and managed to take off 25 pounds, but 12 have crept back on since I have let my guard down (those little compromises sure add up!). Instead of getting mad at myself (this isn't the first time this has happened) I'm going to kick my own butt here and look forward to some motivation and support from you good people!

I injured my neck some years ago and in January, it flared up again. Since I've been going to the chiropractor 3x a week, that has replaced going to the gym 3x a week and I'm all jiggly. Tonight is the first time I will be able to get back to exercise in over a month!

I look forward to getting to know you all better!

Heaviest - 207
    start - 194
    mini goal 2/24 - uh, that's, like, today
    mini goal 3/10 - 189
    final goal 9/11 - 150

I live in miami tooo!!! Welcome! This is great group. I get daily inspiration and accountability
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    robynrae... I, too, have tried following others' plans, but that's tough sometimes. Maybe if you try modifying it to something that you could realistically achieve and maintain, then you would have more success staying with it, and less feelings of not measuring up.

teirney... Congrats on your engagement! I know you're going to be a beautiful bride! What's helpful for me when I'm on the run, is packing little snacks to keep me satisfied until I can really sit down and enjoy my next meal.

lindaruz... What an inspiration having a more mature woman (and I'm sure there are many others like yourself here, I'm just not aware of them right now) like yourself, getting out there and going for it! I'm going to use your story to try and persuade my mother to join us on this journey! Congrats on your soon-to-be grandchild!! That's so wonderful!

anthrochix... Glad to hear of your recovery!

missyann... Thanks for the link! I haven't read it yet, cause I have to go to a meeting soon, but I'm anxious to get a look at it!

I just realized that I, myself, don't have a Sep. 11 goal! So, GW (9.11.10): 155 That may be modified when I see how things are going a little further along.
  • MsFitnesse
    MsFitnesse Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Well, I haven't lost any weight in the past 5 days. However, I haven't gained any either which is motivation enough for me! My eating has been on target as well.

CW: 148
    Mini Goal Weight March 3: 143
    GW: 125
  • MelsaEstel
    MelsaEstel Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    MsFitnesse- I am right there with you. I have been the same weight since Sunday. I have been keeping track (mostly, yes, i was slack on a couple of things the last few days), so I know that today will be really strict, so I can see a loss tomorrow.
    Keep working, and that stubborn weight will say goodbye! :)
  • BigdaddyJ
    Options
    Well, I haven't lost any weight in the past 5 days. However, I haven't gained any either which is motivation enough for me! My eating has been on target as well.

CW: 148
    Mini Goal Weight March 3: 143
    GW: 125

When that happens to me I change something around, my exercie plan, or I eat junk for a day....it kinda wakes up the system into burnin fat again...also if you are at your last 10-15 lbs, they are much harder do loose than the rest.
    Keep at it, you have been loosing so far you're obviously doing something right!!

BTW :I'm trying the new pasta diet ........ walking 'pasta' fridge !!!

Have a good healthy day ladies!!

JF
  • sspalding
    sspalding Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Man I did good for my weigh in but a double shift about took it all away! Had to work 2pm to 4 am. I did great till midnight. Then all hell broke loose! I ate good stuff but I ate ALOT of good stuff. I packed my food and I got in my food bag about every 30 minutes. At least what I was eating was good for me but I could not control the getting in the bag of food. I tried peanut butter on graham crackers thinking I needed more protein but it did not help. Why do we do this? I have another shift like this friday night and I am already anxious about it. Yes I had the water going but no help. Any body have any ideas for me for friday?
  • BigdaddyJ
    Options
    I try to only bring the exact portions of what I'm gonna eat when I work nights. I spread them our along the night, trying to eat every 3-4 hours. when the lunch box is empty that's it!
  • BigdaddyJ
    Options
    here's a post I put up with a great site that helps a lot with the number and size of portions of what you should eat everyday...
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/83502-canadian-food-guide

Jeff
  • missyannb85
    Options
    :heart: :heart: WEEK 2 WEIGHT CHART:heart::heart:

Weight%20chart%20week%202.jpg

Great job this week guys!
    WE HAVE LOST ALMOST 80LBS TOGETHER ALREADY!!!!
    KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!
  • rkascak
    rkascak Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Wow 80lbs all together! thats amazing!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    So much weight loss! I'm getting giddy!
    When that happens to me I change something around, my exercie plan, or I eat junk for a day....it kinda wakes up the system into burnin fat again.
    That usually works for me, too.
  • lreed
    lreed Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Well it's been a tough week for me,I threw a baby shower with Treats galore. Baking cupcakes, cookies, chocolate covered pretzels. Damn I am a great baker:blushing: I told my kids the stuff has to go tonight. So have their last treats the rest are going in the garbage. Well for the past 3 days I have been 200-600 over in my calories per day :cry: :cry: So I have decided that's it. TIME to get back on the wagon. I am heading off to Disneyland for 3 days. Any tips for me? Good news is I have worked out every morning at boot camp with 450 calorie burn per day. AND I bought a size lower in my pants since my clothes have been hanging off me.:heart::heart: Great job to all of you that have lost weight this week:drinker: And Thanks Missy for the inspiration in the many posts!:flowerforyou:
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I have not been able to report any weight change. My (morning) schedule has not allowed me to be able to weigh accurately. I guess we have to weigh in next week for me.
  • robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I also work 3rd shift and find it very hard to control my eating, I have found that if I chew gum it helps cut down on the cravings. When I get gum I get the stuff that has alot of flavor and last for awhile.
  • UCONNCOED
    UCONNCOED Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!

Look at all that weight loss :happy:
    Lets keep pushing! I know I need to step it up. I really would like to hit my next goal and it is STEEP to say the least. But I am really starting to LOVE the gym and get really ansy when I miss a day during the week. My eating is still a challenge:grumble: but ONE STEP AT A TIME I say.

Can't wait for the weekend challenge, I think i also might try and do last weeks as well (burn at least 200 cals over the weekend).
  • missyannb85
    Options
    :tongue: :tongue: WEEKEND CHALLENGE FOR WEEK 2!:tongue::tongue:

Alright everyone, here it is!

1. Burn at least 200 calories per day!

2. Get your recomended servings of fruits and vegetables in!
    Women- 7-8
    Men- 8-10

Have a great weekend everyone and lets see some fantastic results next week!!! Keep up the great work!
    TAKE IT ONE DAY AT A TIME!
    WE CAN DO THIS!
  • cmurphy04722
    Options
    Yes ma'am! :-)