WORST NAMES EVER!!!!

Options

Replies

• freckles_cmj
    freckles_cmj Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    It's not just the crazy names that worry me... but taking perfectly lovely traditional names and giving them CRAZY spellings - that has to drive the kid NUTS as it gets older... Spelling 'Michael', 'Mykall'... 'Grace', 'Grayss'... 'Caitlin', 'Kaetlynne'. Yes, those are actual name spellings pulled from the Australian registry of births and deaths.

That being said... the pun names are pretty horrendous. Went to school with a Clay Rivers. Poor kid copped it!

My oldest is Abigail, and for some reason a lot of people spelled it strange when she was first born ..we got cards for Abygale, Abbygayle ect..

what really drives me nuts is that even tho we call her Abbey people still shorten it and call her "ab"
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Marijuana Pepsi-Cola Jackson
  • nikkijoshua
    nikkijoshua Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Sexalean. What was her mother thinking?
  • StaceyJ2008
    StaceyJ2008 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    My sister went to school with a girl names marijuana.
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    My sister went to high school with a Michael Hunt, but naturally he went by Mike...

I've also come across:

Justin Case
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    SUBWAY..... I was in line at a grocery story behind a nice young couple. Woman says: "where's Subway?" I thought she meant either the food chain or train (coincidentally both were near)... to which the man replies: "there he is," pointing at a young boy. He calls him over, the boy comes! SO SAD.
  • RideaYeti
    RideaYeti Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Probably mentioned earlier (didn't ead all 8 pages), but one of my favorites is NASCAR driver D**k Trickle.

There was also Ima Hogg, the daughter of a former Texas governor.
  • cydnew
    cydnew Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid I danced with triplets named April, May and June

A friend's nieces are Mercedes and Porsche

Then there's ****head...pronounced Shi-teed
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Forgot to include Ima Hogg, Texas Gov. Jim Hogg's daughter. Myth was she had a sister named Ura Hogg.

My 4th Grade teacher said she also had twins Named Ima and Ura Hogg In Quincy IL... This really disturbes me that there are MULTIPLE people that name their kids these dumb names.
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    These are killing me! Especially the apparently MULTIPLE babies names sh*thead! One is bad enough... but seriously! I think I've seen at least 10 different people post that their town had one...
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I'm a court reporter in family court and have seen some of these names. How about ABCDE (pronounced Ab-Se-De).
  • jfinnivan
    jfinnivan Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    A politician from New Hampshire named D i c k Swett.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Swett
  • nursemindisue
    Options
    Let's see I have come across some doozies!
    Temperance, Patience, Sapphire Mountain, Wade Last Call Miles, Oceana, Tangerinie, 7 David (yep, the number 7). People are crazy!
  • hpsNcrvs
    Options
    My 12 year old son is in a biology class with a girl named PASSION.

I kinda wanna beat her mama's *kitten*!!!
  • hpsNcrvs
    Options
    And how about..

Benjamin Gay..and they call him Ben Gay
  • Jess207
    Options
    I also taught a Jihad. And he lived up to his name!

My friend had twins in her class named Princenasir (prince nasir) and Princessnasira (princess nasira)... she just called them Prince and Princess.
  • tuiccim
    tuiccim Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I knew a guy named Rusty Seaman.
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I had a coworker who was engaged to a guy named Nimrahd - pronounced Nimrod.
    I heard about two kids in one family - one named Plato, the other Spaghetti(!)
    I had a camp counsellor named Thor - he swore it was his real name.
    I've met a bunch of people with weird spellings. One I won't put because I work with her, the other was pronounced the same way as my name (which is Adrienne) but they spelled it Adryon. I always felt like her parents butchered my name!
    And I've had friends named Phoenix, Topaz, Skye - but I don't think those are all that strange they just had hippie parents.
  • geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I work in a school district and one of the secretaries I work with keeps a running list of names we come across (not sure what we are up to now but there are several pages). Here are a few of them:

Dayquil and Nyquil (twins)
    Sparkle
    Peppermint
    Flame
    Dom Perion
    ****head (pronounced Shi -theed)
    Imunique
    Chardonnay

Do you live in Northwest Indiana? I went to school with two girls: Sparkle and Chardonnay. Sparkle was awesome. I think about her every now and again because she was such a sweet girl.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Military they call your last name first and first name last for mail call. Guys name of guy was **** Wolf and they would call out Wolf ****.