Jesus Christ is MOST important?

Options
Today I was thinking about what I am investing all of my time into. A significant part of almost every day is working out for me. It dominates my thoughts, and dictates what I eat. THAT IS GOOD :) I love that I am working out a lot. It gives me energy, and makes me feel great about my day.

HOWEVER...

Is that the MOST important thing? In the world? In the day? I want to remind everyone that life is GREATER than our bodies, and we can't turn into vein enough people to truly think that is the ultimate purpose our lives serve.

"But Jordan.... I would NEVER SAY that? Ever!"

I would ask you ... where are you plunging your time? What do your thoughts turn to? Are they always about how YOU look, or how YOU are perceived? I guess I just realized I was being wayyyy too me focused, and I lost sight of my God, Jesus Christ.

1 Timothy 4:7-8 (This is a letter written from Paul, to his "little brother" in the faith, explaining that TRUTH is what is most important)

"Train yourself for godliness; for while bodily training is of some value, godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come."

Remember, that when we seek our Creator, it serves for both THIS life, and next :) I just love all of you MFP people. You have been so kind to me in my gains and hoping to honor God in my workouts :) I just would NEVER want any of you to slip into autopilot and forget what is most important in our WHOLE lives :) Love you all

Replies

• TheJor91
    Options
    PS. hahha I'm NOT a girl! hahaha. I lost a bet, so this has to be my profile picture for a week. Stupid steelers lost to the browns!
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Not to be rude, but this is a fitness website. Please keep this to the groups, I'm sure there are plenty of faith-based groups on here.
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Sorry, Oden worshiper here.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Weren't the guidelines changed so that religious topics can be in chit chat? OP even connected this to fitness.
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Today I was thinking about what I am investing all of my time into. A significant part of almost every day is working out for me. It dominates my thoughts, and dictates what I eat. THAT IS GOOD :) I love that I am working out a lot. It gives me energy, and makes me feel great about my day.

HOWEVER...

Is that the MOST important thing? In the world? In the day? I want to remind everyone that life is GREATER than our bodies, and we can't turn into vein enough people to truly think that is the ultimate purpose our lives serve.

I would ask you ... where are you plunging your time? What do your thoughts turn to? Are they always about how YOU look, or how YOU are perceived? I guess I just realized I was being wayyyy too me focused, and I lost sight of my God, Jesus Christ.

1 Timothy 4:7-8 (This is a letter written from Paul, to his "little brother" in the faith, explaining that TRUTH is what is most important)

"Train yourself for godliness; for while bodily training is of some value, godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come."

Remember, that when we seek our Creator, it serves for both THIS life, and next :) I just love all of you MFP people. You have been so kind to me in my gains and hoping to honor God in my workouts :) I just would NEVER want any of you to slip into autopilot and forget what is most important in our WHOLE lives :) Love you all

So true you are. Thank you for posting this.
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    You owe me 5 minutes of my life back....
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Weren't the guidelines changed so that religious topics can be in chit chat? OP even connected this to fitness.

Oh, I didn't know if they were changed. Still...
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options

HOWEVER...

Fair warning, you will get blasted for daring to mention your faith on a public forum. You can apparently talk about your private parts and whether or not you would date the person above you, or what your favorite movie is, because of course THAT's all relevant to weight loss (not even close) but don't you dare say "God". However, there are many of us faithful out there. Feel free to friend request me. I'm not ashamed.
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options

It took you 5 minutes to read that?
  • laddyboy
    Options
    Not to be rude, but this is a fitness website. Please keep this to the groups, I'm sure there are plenty of faith-based groups on here.

Not to be rude either but...you didn't have to open it if you didn't like the topic.
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    :laugh:

• mistertug
    Options
    Jesus had great abs, I'm sure you're not going to hell for doing pushups and eating right
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options

I hear what you're saying, but why is it okay to discuss "what's your favorite movie", "would you date the person above you", how do you remove hair from your (true story this was a topic)"... well you get where I'm going, but can't mention your faith? I mean, what do all of those have to do with fitness? Just like I can ignore the topics I've listed above because they don't interest me, why can't others just ignore faith based ones in the same way? Just my thoughts, for whatever they're worth.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options

Or you could just skip posts that are clearly related to Christianity..
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options

^^This is dumb
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    Thank you for posting this. I really, really needed to hear it this evening. I've completely lost sight of what's important lately. My savior is no longer my #1 priority, and I'm ashamed to admit that. Please, anyone who loves Jesus, feel free to add me.
  • rinnismom
    Options
    awwwww.... are you just adorable?
  • laddyboy
    Options

LOL
  • dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    TY :)
This discussion has been closed.