Jesus Christ is MOST important?

Options

Replies

• vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I am not religious. My life is fulfilled enough without having to believe the BS of religion. I don't need to believe in stuff like that to make myself feel good.

If God is real, I should hope that he would let me into heaven. Why? Because I'm a genuinely good person. Religious people who are bad people (even though they go to church once a week) ... will they end up in heaven?

And if God isn't real ... then I didn't waste all my time going to church and praying for something that didn't exist. Instead, I spent my time a) enjoying life and b) helping others.

I don't think about religion when I work out. Unless I want to get really angry. Maybe I should start doing this, actually.

Amen. ...waitaminute.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    ... no one is emotionally invested in their genitals...

I beg to differ.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    15. Divisive Topics Are Better Suited For Groups, Not the Main Forums

Divisive topics, particularly those that seek input from or are relevant only to a select group of users, are better placed within an appropriate Group rather than the Main Forums. For example, topics relevant to only one religion should not be placed on the main forums but rather within a group related to that religion. We reserve the right to move any topic to a relevant public Group which interested members may join if they wish to continue to participate.

I reported this post.

Well you're just making tons of friends tonight. You shouldn't have even opened it. The only reason you did was for controversy. That is obvious now.

Not for controversy, really. I respect peoples right to believe what they will, I don't respect this post though because I honestly believe it should not be on here.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    christianity.jpg

OMG I love this!!

Amusing for sure. See, people of faith do actually have a sense of humor.

Equally amusing was this someone posted on Facebook recently...

Atheism: The belief that there was nothing and nothing happened to nothing and then nothing magically exploded for no reason creating everything and then a bunch of everything magically rearranged itself for no reason what so ever into self-replicating bits which then turned into dinosaurs.

Not knocking atheism of course. Believe or don't believe whatever you want. Freedom. It's all of ours. Just thought I'd share some similar humor with you. :)

:heart:
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Fair warning, you will get blasted for daring to mention your faith on a public forum. You can apparently talk about your private parts and whether or not you would date the person above you, or what your favorite movie is, because of course THAT's all relevant to weight loss (not even close) but don't you dare say "God". However, there are many of us faithful out there. Feel free to friend request me. I'm not ashamed.
    The difference being that nobody is forcing you to go into the private parts threads, the would you threads, or the favorites threads, whereas everyone is being forced into reading this Jesus thread.

Reported!

The private parts thing was in an open message board topic just like this one. It wasn't in some private group thread. Right here. Open. Everyone to access whether intentionally or not. But again, I respect their right to do so. Just respect my rights as well.
  • msmotivated86
    msmotivated86 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    some of these people are being ridiculous! would you watch a show on tv if you didnt like it? or would you eat foods that you didn't like??? NO. so leave him alone! Nobody made any of us read this and if you don't agree, then so be it. This is a free country where I thought we could say whatever we wanted. And please lets not get on ALL the non-fitness related topics that others continue to post...
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Not to be rude, but this is a fitness website. Please keep this to the groups, I'm sure there are plenty of faith-based groups on here.

Not to be rude but this is the chit chat fun and games section....if it bothers you move along.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Zero points.
  • Superchikanthem
    Superchikanthem Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking some of the same things lately. Need to refocus and press on!
  • horseplaypen
    horseplaypen Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Sorry, Oden worshiper here.

I also love Japanese soup, but I wouldn't go so far as to say I worship it.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Where's the nudity?
    I feel like I've been misled by the topic title.
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    Everyone knows that atheism is the only cool religion on the interweb...
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    While I keep my beliefs to myself....I'm still waiting for the whole

"Happy Holidays" vs. "Merry Christmas" debate.

I have popcorn and everything!

I started a thread earlier....Ill send you a link
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options

Divisive topics, particularly those that seek input from or are relevant only to a select group of users, are better placed within an appropriate Group rather than the Main Forums. For example, topics relevant to only one religion should not be placed on the main forums but rather within a group related to that religion. We reserve the right to move any topic to a relevant public Group which interested members may join if they wish to continue to participate.

I reported this post.

Well you're just making tons of friends tonight. You shouldn't have even opened it. The only reason you did was for controversy. That is obvious now.

Not for controversy, really. I respect peoples right to believe what they will, I don't respect this post though because I honestly believe it should not be on here.

Then DON'T READ IT. Is this really that difficult to comprehend? No, you're not trying to start controversy at all... *facepalm*
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    christianity.jpg

OMG I love this!!

330px-Touched_by_His_Noodly_Appendage.jpg
  • JBennis1013
    JBennis1013 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Not to be rude, but this is a fitness website. Please keep this to the groups, I'm sure there are plenty of faith-based groups on here.

I hear what you're saying, but why is it okay to discuss "what's your favorite movie", "would you date the person above you", how do you remove hair from your (true story this was a topic)"... well you get where I'm going, but can't mention your faith? I mean, what do all of those have to do with fitness? Just like I can ignore the topics I've listed above because they don't interest me, why can't others just ignore faith based ones in the same way? Just my thoughts, for whatever they're worth.

If people want to discuss this it's up to them...but two things that should never be discussed in public...religion and politics...
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    While I keep my beliefs to myself....I'm still waiting for the whole

"Happy Holidays" vs. "Merry Christmas" debate.

I have popcorn and everything!

I started a thread earlier....Ill send you a link

Somehow I missed that one, Jack! :-(
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options

I reported this post.

Then DON'T READ IT. Is this really that difficult to comprehend? No, you're not trying to start controversy at all... *facepalm*

Even if I don't read it, it would still be on here, no?
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options

I reported this post.

So your initial intentions where to get this thread locked. Okee Dokee. Don't you have anything better to do? I mean really!!!
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    I pray pretty frequently. Every time I wake up sore after a workout, I ask "Oh God, why does it hurt?" Then I remember that I was probably doing it wrong and everything is better again.
This discussion has been closed.