Jesus Christ is MOST important?

Options

Replies

• ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Jesus had great abs, I'm sure you're not going to hell for doing pushups and eating right

Yeah, but he probably ate less than 1200 a day.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    You owe me 5 minutes of my life back....

It took you 5 minutes to read that?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • stevewynjones
    stevewynjones Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Oh dear.....
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Not to be rude, but this is a fitness website. Please keep this to the groups, I'm sure there are plenty of faith-based groups on here.

Not to be rude either but...you didn't have to open it if you didn't like the topic.

How were they supposed to know what the OP wrote with just the title? Maybe they liked the title but not the content and the only way to see that would be to open it..:noway:
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Not to be rude, but this is a fitness website. Please keep this to the groups, I'm sure there are plenty of faith-based groups on here.

I hear what you're saying, but why is it okay to discuss "what's your favorite movie", "would you date the person above you", how do you remove hair from your (true story this was a topic)"... well you get where I'm going, but can't mention your faith? I mean, what do all of those have to do with fitness? Just like I can ignore the topics I've listed above because they don't interest me, why can't others just ignore faith based ones in the same way? Just my thoughts, for whatever they're worth.

The difference is is that their are many people on this site who believe in a different God or Gods, or no God at all. And topics like this can go insane. I also thought it was against the guidelines. I wasn't trying to be a jerk.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    So what you're saying is, I need to train to be godly rather than just fit?
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,634 Member
    Options
    Amen brother! Why do ppl gotta hate on this post?
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Today I was thinking about what I am investing all of my time into. A significant part of almost every day is working out for me. It dominates my thoughts, and dictates what I eat. THAT IS GOOD :) I love that I am working out a lot. It gives me energy, and makes me feel great about my day.

HOWEVER...

Is that the MOST important thing? In the world? In the day? I want to remind everyone that life is GREATER than our bodies, and we can't turn into vein enough people to truly think that is the ultimate purpose our lives serve.

"But Jordan.... I would NEVER SAY that? Ever!"

I would ask you ... where are you plunging your time? What do your thoughts turn to? Are they always about how YOU look, or how YOU are perceived? I guess I just realized I was being wayyyy too me focused, and I lost sight of my God, Jesus Christ.

1 Timothy 4:7-8 (This is a letter written from Paul, to his "little brother" in the faith, explaining that TRUTH is what is most important)

"Train yourself for godliness; for while bodily training is of some value, godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come."

Remember, that when we seek our Creator, it serves for both THIS life, and next :) I just love all of you MFP people. You have been so kind to me in my gains and hoping to honor God in my workouts :) I just would NEVER want any of you to slip into autopilot and forget what is most important in our WHOLE lives :) Love you all

Well said!
  • shanae727
    shanae727 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Amen brother! Why do ppl gotta hate on this post?

WORD!
  • kimsciolino
    kimsciolino Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Awesome Post!!!!
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options

I hear what you're saying, but why is it okay to discuss "what's your favorite movie", "would you date the person above you", how do you remove hair from your (true story this was a topic)"... well you get where I'm going, but can't mention your faith? I mean, what do all of those have to do with fitness? Just like I can ignore the topics I've listed above because they don't interest me, why can't others just ignore faith based ones in the same way? Just my thoughts, for whatever they're worth.

The difference is is that their are many people on this site who believe in a different God or Gods, or no God at all. And topics like this can go insane. I also thought it was against the guidelines. I wasn't trying to be a jerk.

There. Not their.

OP, I totally get what you mean. Seems many people can just get lost in the gym and dieting and lose sight of the bigger picture of life.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Srsly? 2 minutes max.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    15. Divisive Topics Are Better Suited For Groups, Not the Main Forums

Divisive topics, particularly those that seek input from or are relevant only to a select group of users, are better placed within an appropriate Group rather than the Main Forums. For example, topics relevant to only one religion should not be placed on the main forums but rather within a group related to that religion. We reserve the right to move any topic to a relevant public Group which interested members may join if they wish to continue to participate.

I reported this post.
  • Shock_Wave
    Options
    Srsly? 2 minutes max.

This is dumb too.
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options

There. Not their.]

OP, I totally get what you mean. Seems many people can just get lost in the gym and dieting and lose sight of the bigger picture of life.

Will you marry me? :flowerforyou:
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options

Not to be rude either but...you didn't have to open it if you didn't like the topic.

How were they supposed to know what the OP wrote with just the title? Maybe they liked the title but not the content and the only way to see that would be to open it..:noway:

I'm hoping your response was intended as sarcasm given the title of this topic......
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options

There. Not their.]

Will you marry me? :flowerforyou:

Anyone with such a silly grammar mistake immediately loses any argument in place. ;)
  • Arexxx
    Arexxx Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I'm sure there are religious websites you could post this on.

Smoke meth, hail Satan.
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Srsly? 2 minutes max.

My eyes kept glazing over and I had to start over 8 times. So yeah, 5 minutes.
  • Shock_Wave
    Options
    delete
This discussion has been closed.