Jesus Christ is MOST important?

Options

Replies

• VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Not to be rude, but this is a fitness website. Please keep this to the groups, I'm sure there are plenty of faith-based groups on here.

Not to be rude either but...you didn't have to open it if you didn't like the topic.

I thought OP was taking the lord's name in vain. I thought it was going to be a much more entertaining thread than it turned out to be.

I don't have any problem with people of faith, but proselytizers of all stripes (including atheists) irritate me mightily. I think it's close, but I think OP is more sharing than proselytizing for me.
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Not to be rude, but this is a fitness website. Please keep this to the groups, I'm sure there are plenty of faith-based groups on here.

I hear what you're saying, but why is it okay to discuss "what's your favorite movie", "would you date the person above you", how do you remove hair from your (true story this was a topic)"... well you get where I'm going, but can't mention your faith? I mean, what do all of those have to do with fitness? Just like I can ignore the topics I've listed above because they don't interest me, why can't others just ignore faith based ones in the same way? Just my thoughts, for whatever they're worth.

The difference is is that their are many people on this site who believe in a different God or Gods, or no God at all. And topics like this can go insane. I also thought it was against the guidelines. I wasn't trying to be a jerk.

There. Not their.]

OP, I totally get what you mean. Seems many people can just get lost in the gym and dieting and lose sight of the bigger picture of life.

Will you marry me? :flowerforyou:

Anyone with such a silly grammar mistake immediately loses any argument in place. ;)

AGREED!
  • VorJoshigan
    Options
    You owe me 5 minutes of my life back....
    Srsly? 2 minutes max.

This is dumb too.
    How so?
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options

Not to be rude either but...you didn't have to open it if you didn't like the topic.

I thought OP was taking the lord's name in vain. I thought it was going to be a much more entertaining thread than it turned out to be.

I don't have any problem with people of faith, but proselytizers of all stripes (including atheists) irritate me mightily. I think it's close, but I think OP is more sharing than proselytizing for me.

And, I mean, seriously, if we didn't open the threads just because the titles were iffy, we would never read another 'chit chat' thread again.
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I am not religious. My life is fulfilled enough without having to believe the BS of religion. I don't need to believe in stuff like that to make myself feel good.

If God is real, I should hope that he would let me into heaven. Why? Because I'm a genuinely good person. Religious people who are bad people (even though they go to church once a week) ... will they end up in heaven?

And if God isn't real ... then I didn't waste all my time going to church and praying for something that didn't exist. Instead, I spent my time a) enjoying life and b) helping others.

I don't think about religion when I work out. Unless I want to get really angry. Maybe I should start doing this, actually.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Spock, not Jesus
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Weren't the guidelines changed so that religious topics can be in chit chat? OP even connected this to fitness.

Oh, I didn't know if they were changed. Still...
    If the rules were changed, while these types of threads might not be my cup of tea, who cares?

I'm sure this poster comes across many chit chat threads they don't find agreeable.
  • xeanx
    xeanx Posts: 69
    Options
    The topic was clear. Don't open it if its not for you. With all the topics on what you would do to the person above you I think you can allow this.
  • TheJor91
    Options
    Hey all :) Because I don't post often, I didn't realize that posts like this shouldn't be in "Chit-Chat". (I mean how am I supposed to really know that)

:) I think that it is also funny that some people got so stinking mad! haha SIMMER DOWN yall :) I said watch your focus! For a moment, ignore that I said "Jesus" (Apparently a buzz word)

- Where are your PARENTS on your priorities? Are you thanking them for their time? (Good OR BAD)
    - Where are your teachers, mentors, and those who have poured into your life? Are you giving back to them?
    - What about your friends? Are you choosing to speak LIFE into them? Encouraging them?

Again I would ask... WHAT is most important?

Sorry to offend you guys who didn't appreciate this post :) However, I'm not sorry I told you the thing that saved my life, and has changed me to the core :) Keep gettin' fit yall!
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,975 Member
    Options
    Remember that our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit and so being fit is actually maintenance of His temple and not just a trivial pursuit. Also, if this thread offends you, just go read something else.... I mean, really, are you that uneducated that you have to say something against everything you don't happen to believe in or agree with???
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    christianity.jpg

OMG I love this!!
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Fair warning, you will get blasted for daring to mention your faith on a public forum. You can apparently talk about your private parts and whether or not you would date the person above you, or what your favorite movie is, because of course THAT's all relevant to weight loss (not even close) but don't you dare say "God". However, there are many of us faithful out there. Feel free to friend request me. I'm not ashamed.
    The difference being that nobody is forcing you to go into the private parts threads, the would you threads, or the favorites threads, whereas everyone is being forced into reading this Jesus thread.

Reported!
  • VorJoshigan
    Options
    Srsly? 2 minutes max.

My eyes kept glazing over and I had to start over 8 times. So yeah, 5 minutes.
    I'll buy that.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    There are people of other religions, and non-religious people on this site. Don't haul yourself in here acting like Christianity is the only thing ever to have existed. o_O

I much prefer the teachings of the Buddha to those of Jesus Christ.
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Srsly? 2 minutes max.

This is dumb too.
    How so?

Kinda judgemental don't ya think? 2 min max ...O really Why??..are you implying that every one should be able to read this in 2 min max and those who cannot are in some way shape or form inferior human beings?
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    24019143.jpg
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this little reminder! We do tend to become super obsessed with the way we look which causes us to look away from the Lord. What a great message this is!! :flowerforyou:
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    :smile:

I hear what you're saying, but why is it okay to discuss "what's your favorite movie", "would you date the person above you", how do you remove hair from your (true story this was a topic)"... well you get where I'm going, but can't mention your faith? I mean, what do all of those have to do with fitness? Just like I can ignore the topics I've listed above because they don't interest me, why can't others just ignore faith based ones in the same way? Just my thoughts, for whatever they're worth.

The difference is is that their are many people on this site who believe in a different God or Gods, or no God at all. And topics like this can go insane. I also thought it was against the guidelines. I wasn't trying to be a jerk.

I certainly wasn't trying imply you were a jerk :smile: . However, I think having an entire forum devoted to shaving ones private parts (I swear to you this was a forum about a month ago) is a little offensive as well. Not the concept mind you, just the discussion in a public forum. So when I opened it and realized what it was about, I closed it and moved on. No harm, no foul. I didn't report the person or act all offended that they had the audacity to discuss something that has no relevance or interest to me.

I agree, there are so many different belief systems out there. I encourage those individuals to share their views as well. I would never suggest that their view being different than mine made their discussion of their views inappropriate. I just wouldn't participate. I think the only thing that should make it against guidelines is if I went into their forum and began badmouthing their beliefs or intentionally harrassing them for thinking differently than me (which, for the record, I'd never do). But, that's just my thinking.

It's funny though. The only time the old "against the guidelines" thing comes up is when it's about religion. NEVER when it's about a sexually provocative topic, or fluff having absolutely nothing to do with fitness.
  • stevewynjones
    stevewynjones Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    IN BEFORE THE LOCK....
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Hey all :) Because I don't post often, I didn't realize that posts like this shouldn't be in "Chit-Chat". (I mean how am I supposed to really know that)

:) I think that it is also funny that some people got so stinking mad! haha SIMMER DOWN yall :) I said watch your focus! For a moment, ignore that I said "Jesus" (Apparently a buzz word)

- Where are your PARENTS on your priorities? Are you thanking them for their time? (Good OR BAD)
    - Where are your teachers, mentors, and those who have poured into your life? Are you giving back to them?
    - What about your friends? Are you choosing to speak LIFE into them? Encouraging them?

Again I would ask... WHAT is most important?

Sorry to offend you guys who didn't appreciate this post :) However, I'm not sorry I told you the thing that saved my life, and has changed me to the core :) Keep gettin' fit yall!

:flowerforyou: :drinker:
This discussion has been closed.