So, how about that coffee...

Options
1235»

Replies

• nikbolok
    nikbolok Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm a coffee fan, dont drink it everyday, work nites so it's always with me then ;-) I drink it black. I have found for me that it makes me hungry, a lot of ppl say for them it makes them not want to eat. It's definitely a diuretic, and my trainer told me it dehydrates.

I don't care, I love coffee. Black. Strong. 3 calories a cup. Yay coffee!!!
  • tracypk
    tracypk Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    It's the reason I get up in the morning. Without it I would stay in bed. :wink: So I guess if you look at it that way it helps my weightloss.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    What is everyones thoughts about coffee & dieting? You hear so many "Oh, it's bad for you, so much caffine" then, "Oh, it's not that bad, it helps your metabolism". DUde- I get up at 5:15 bevery morning- coffee keeps me alive through the day Lol So how do you drink YOUR coffee and diet at the same time?

I drink mine straight black or coffee, coconut milk, coconut oil and a tablespoon of unsalted butter blended all together. Makes for a creamy breakfast when I don't feel like eating and fats to keep the brain happy.
  • gabe_irun4coffee
    gabe_irun4coffee Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Everybody should believe in something. I believe I'll have another coffee. I've given up many things but I will never give up my coffee.
  • RobfromLakewood
    Options
    Coffee every morning, gave up the sugar, still use the cream. Every 2-3 weeks, a more exotic, but low fat coffee drink treat.
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I don't understand people's fascination with coffee LoL.....I drink it sometimes just to drink it but I can never seem to make it taste very good, no matter how much creamer I use. Haha
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I don't have any trouble with coffee. I have two cups every morning with 1 or 2% milk, no sugar.
  • Belinda658
    Belinda658 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I get a skim latte almost every weekday
  • Danilynn1975
    Danilynn1975 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    You can not have my coffee. I have 20-24 ounces of coffee everyday, 3 teaspoons of sugar, 3 teaspoons of International Delight French Vanilla creamer.

I log everything I eat, my calorie goal is set at 1260. But I do not log my coffee or the things in it. It is my one indulgence. I will not give it up. I also do not want to know the calorie count on it.

Not logging my innocent little coffee has not hindered my weight loss. I am more than half way to my goal. So I know in reality my calories are higher than 1260, if you subscribe to the thought that the morning cup of no one dies has calories. But you can not have my coffee.
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I drink mine black :) I usually have a large on a near daily basis when my day starts from dunkin donuts (20 ounces).

Coffee apparently has a lot of antioxidants too in it. Not sure what positive effects coffee specific antioxidants have though. The caffeine supposedly triggers blood glucose creation from fat stores (i think), which is wear the weight loss aspect occurs. But it's supposedly a really bad idea to have coffee with sugar or any carbohydrate at the same time.

Oh yeah, I also believe I read that caffeine causes your body to produce cortisol (which your body releases during inflammations). But I also think the cortisol helps you do cope with other stresses and I think it's the reason why people take before a workout (to delay or reduce fatigue). But I am no expert.

I think it's a good idea to cycle it though if you can. Everyone once in awhile lay off the caffeine for a few days or a week.
  • deanabailey
    deanabailey Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my coffee but since working out and watching what I eat, I no longer put cream and sugar in it. I drink it black. Once I seen how much calories were in my cream/sugar, I made the switch.
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I drink my coffee every morning or someone dies. Or they wish they did. :laugh: