How many pull-ups/chin-ups can you do at once?

Options

Replies

• jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    .5 (meaning I can pull myself about halfway up from a dead hang) :embarassed: :frown: But, to be fair, I am carrying an extra 110lbs of fat, soooo.... I'm working on it, though.
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Bahaha, like 2. :p
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Never tried. Back when I was training weighted wide grips I'd occasionally do a drop set at BW and rep it out after my worksets and I was usually in the mid-teens for that, but I've never tried fresh.

For neutral grip chins my max for BW+75lbs is 7 reps. For regular chins I would train in sets of 5 and I could clear 75x5 but at 77.5 I'd crap out after 4.
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    10 but then I stopped because I was super excited as that was my goal for the end of the year. I will be working on increasing these & my new end of year is 20 in a row!

And this was after (36) 75lb Split Jerks and 48 Inverted Rows. I need to try pull-ups when I am fresh.
  • tappae
    tappae Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I just did 10. I was hoping for 12, because 11 is my best ever.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    I have never been able to do pull ups or chin ups. Not even when I weighed 155 pounds.
    Never once passed that damn Presidential Physical Fitness test in school either.

(Stupidest thing I saw recently on an undergraduate course requirements was a phys ed every semester. What a total waste of class time. )
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    11 from a dead hang with proper form. I find it to be the hardest number to get to move
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I dont like the sentence "im going to have to work on _____________" unless it ends with a scheduled date to do so.
  • jcstanton
    Options
    I dont like the sentence "im going to have to work on _____________" unless it ends with a scheduled date to do so.

To whom, exactly, are you referring? I didn't see where anyone on this thread used that sentence.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    And don't jump on the bar unless you're sure that it's secure:

anigif_enhanced-buzz-26322-1354298702-11.gif
  • jcstanton
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :sad: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • likemeinvisible
    Options

It could hold his weight if he didn't try to swing upward instead of doing a slow, proper form pull up.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options

To whom, exactly, are you referring? I didn't see where anyone on this thread used that sentence.

REALLY???? wow... you didnt look hard enough - Im staring right at it.. You sure youre not just playing devil's advocate?
    I need to work on my upper body strength.

^ right there....

AM I BLIND - oh wait - dont answer that.... I already know I am.
  • wolfpack77
    Options
    I can do 20 with just bodyweight, 6 with 55lbs hanging from my waist or 3 with +75lbs.
  • katz22
    katz22 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I can do 2 chinups with good form. I'm working on negatives. I probably could make things easier by losing some bodyfat, but I like bacon and cheese too much.
  • TommiEgan
    TommiEgan Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I use to be able to do 18 no issues. Now I can do 8 :(

But I am fixing that and have alerady begun to train so I can do 25!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    i can do about 7 - 10 chins + 25# and about 6-8 pulls + 25# ....
  • chloepatszig
    Options
    I can do one. LIKE A BEAST. Lol I'm working on that.
  • CWK1000
    Options
    i can do 15-20 chin ups going just below a 90 degree angle. i can do dead hang pullups but i prefer to do just below 90 degrees because my arms are very long. 3 inches longer than my own height.
  • maxwellcoffeebean
    Options
    At one point....I did 35. I havent done them in a long time though, so I am not sure now.