Starting Jillian michael's 30day shred! Any other bees ?

Options

Replies

• plaingirly
    Options
    I was thinking of starting but was worried as I read it was bad for your knees.
  • HDimple
    Options
    Hey everybody.. I'm on Level 2 and just did day 3. I'm using 3 lb weights. I'm only 28 and never thought of myself of having bad knees..but they are killing me! This is supposedly a common problem, so please just take it slow and don't get over excited, lest you hurt yourself like me.

Level 1 was certainly do-able to me and by the end I was adding my own little flair (i.e. doing more reps or doing double jump ropes). Level 2 is HARD, and this is the general opinion from everyone. About half way through my body feels like a jello jiggler and I actually moan in pain on this one. It IS however...getting just a little better with each day though.

Good luck everyone! I'm excited to take a before and after photo and I HOPE I see the changes like so many here.

m so so proud of your progress
    keep it going
    thanks I ll surely not try to rush
    I hope your knee is fine now
    we all are eagerly waiting for your before and after :)
  • HDimple
    Options
    I'm on level 1 Day 9. The first few days I was really sore! My first weigh in after I started was day 5 and I had lost 2.7 lbs! I measured and took pictures when I first started but not going to measure or take more pictures until day 30. Can't wait. I'm just using 2lb weights. I'm quite a bit older and heavier so I didn't want to get weights any heavier. I only had the option of 2lb and 5lb when I got them. Best of luck to you!

omg 2.7lbs that's amazing
    yes you should actually weight till the end amp final results
    I am sure the final results is going to make u smile :)
    :)
  • HDimple
    Options
    I was thinking of starting but was worried as I read it was bad for your knees.

worrying is just an excuse :D until and unless you have some serious problemsin your knee's
    you are just 26 ! :D
    people have suggested that one shouldn't rush
    just keep that in mind and start it :)
    do let me know bout day 1
    NO EXCUSES ! :)
    GOOD LUCK
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I just ordered 3 of her videos yesterday. I'm hoping to start by the end of next week. I'll keep you posted.:happy:
  • Miss_Krissy87
    Miss_Krissy87 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I do 30 day shred but i actually don't do it the way i should.. I actual like to do level 2 and 3 because its where i burn the most calories and some days i will do them back to back.. I like pushing my body.. Jill says that's the only way your going to see results and it actually has helped me a lot.. going to go back to a strict diet.. it really works..wish you a lot of luck
  • bethanytowell
    bethanytowell Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I did it with 10lb weights, most people are using between 3-8 lbs from what I can see. I would reccomend trying a few different weights and finding the one that makes the moves a challenge but still doable. Im excited to do it again tomorrow, I really liked it.
  • HDimple
    Options
    I do 30 day shred but i actually don't do it the way i should.. I actual like to do level 2 and 3 because its where i burn the most calories and some days i will do them back to back.. I like pushing my body.. Jill says that's the only way your going to see results and it actually has helped me a lot.. going to go back to a strict diet.. it really works..wish you a lot of luck

that's great :)
    any before and after pic?
    Strict but healthy diet :)
  • HDimple
    Options
    I did it with 10lb weights, most people are using between 3-8 lbs from what I can see. I would reccomend trying a few different weights and finding the one that makes the moves a challenge but still doable. Im excited to do it again tomorrow, I really liked it.
  • time4changexx
    time4changexx Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Yes each level is supposed to be done 10 times. I did it 15 times for a few reasons.

1.) It was really tough for me
    2.) I wanted to do the full blown moves not just the modified versions before i move on
    3.) I have exersize induced asthma so i try to give my body the time it needs before throwing something more intense at it

Its whatever works for you. Some people move on after 5 days if the level is no longer a challenge. I moved on when my shirt was no longer drenched in sweet after every workout.
  • HDimple
    Options

:) so how much would you suggest me?
  • HDimple
    Options
    I just ordered 3 of her videos yesterday. I'm hoping to start by the end of next week. I'll keep you posted.:happy:

:) good luck
  • cailinlowe
    cailinlowe Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    i had great success with 30 day shred.

check out my results on my blog

caixgettingskinny.blogspot.com
  • HDimple
    Options
    Yes each level is supposed to be done 10 times. I did it 15 times for a few reasons.

1.) It was really tough for me
    2.) I wanted to do the full blown moves not just the modified versions before i move on
    3.) I have exersize induced asthma so i try to give my body the time it needs before throwing something more intense at it

Its whatever works for you. Some people move on after 5 days if the level is no longer a challenge. I moved on when my shirt was no longer drenched in sweet after every workout.

that's great :)
    m proud of u doll :)
  • MoonSapphire
    MoonSapphire Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I just finished my first day! It made me feel like i was soo out of shape lol, The only part I didnt like was the push-ups, I am really no good at them :blushing:

Good Luck to everyone! I hope I can stick with it
  • time4changexx
    time4changexx Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Try 5's the first day. If you have to stop during every move the next day bump it down to 3's. If you can do everything then bump it up. I use different weights depending on the particular move. Use the heaviest ones you can that your still able to do it 100%.
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    My nutritionist recommended this to me today. Looking at it on Amazon now. I am definitely buying this!

I heard that the ripped in 30 by Jillian is great as well. I ordered both from Amazon yesterday and keep checking my email for shipping confirmation - I can't wait to get started!
  • HDimple
    Options
    i had great success with 30 day shred.

check out my results on my blog

caixgettingskinny.blogspot.com

omg I checked it
    that's a very huge and such a noticeable change
    wow wow wow wow :)
  • HDimple
    Options
    Try 5's the first day. If you have to stop during every move the next day bump it down to 3's. If you can do everything then bump it up. I use different weights depending on the particular move. Use the heaviest ones you can that your still able to do it 100%.

I ll try with 5 :) andas u said I ll gradually increase I ll keep u informed :)
  • HDimple
    Options
    I just finished my first day! It made me feel like i was soo out of shape lol, The only part I didnt like was the push-ups, I am really no good at them :blushing:

Good Luck to everyone! I hope I can stick with it

I m sure you ll stick to it no matter how hard it gets
    we all are here to motivate u :)