30 Day Shred December (Challenge?)

Options

Replies

• mary659497
    mary659497 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I am going to do day 5 level one. Count me in. I am really sore today.
  • milissamartini
    Options
    I will start tonight with you guys too! I am also doing a mileage challenge and a 180-360 min a week workout challenge...I hope this all keeps me accountable and ties in with each other.
  • smileyng
    smileyng Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I'm going to take measurements and pictures first and then get on it. Let's do this!
  • Lacy567
    Options
    I will! ;0)
  • phoebeleb
    phoebeleb Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Count me in, too! I have just done the first 4 days, so hopefully this time i can make it thru the entire 30 days!
  • keelerangela
    keelerangela Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I did some today.. only made it to 8 minutes but tomorrow I will try to get further.
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Ill try doing it again why not. I'm in
  • Juashmom
    Options
    I'm in! Planning on doing it this month as well
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I'm already in a challenge...I'm on Day 3 of Level 2, but I'm cheering you guys on! You're going to hate Jillian very soon. :)
  • sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I also started doing it and just posted a blog about my 1st day.

The 30 DS L1 D1 was just the right toughness for me. I did not die, LOL.

Had to take a few pauses as I was using 5lbs dumbbells for some. I switched between 3 and 5 lbs.

Still have to do the real pushups and increase upper body strength.I did 45 mins yoga for flexibility as well. It should help with the soreness...

But overall, am proud of myself.
  • ohyousillygirl
    ohyousillygirl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I wasn't sure what exactly to measure so I just did a bunch of random ones and I’m not sure if I did them correctly but it’s probably close. I’m 5’3’’.

Weight: 144.2 lbs.
    Bust: 40 in
    Waist: 39 in
    Hip: 40 in
    Thighs: 23 ½ in (You’re meant to do the fattest part right? For me, that’s the upper area so that’s what this is, it was the same for both)
    Arms:
    Left: 14 in
    Right: 13 ½ in

So many of you have started, that's awesome! I'll be doing mine later on tonight, just wanted to get the measurements out of the way.

I plan on using this thread as a sounding board about the experience, probably checking in once a week or so.
    I hope everyone finds it helpful and that we all see results!
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,435 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Just have to get...the...plastic...wrap...off...the...darn...DVD...I already hate Jillian! Will post tonight.
    5'6"
    bust 37 1/2
    waist 30
    hips 36 1/2
    thighs 19 1/4
    left arm 11 1/2
    right arm 10 3/4
  • LittleBallofFurr
    LittleBallofFurr Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Ill do it with you, I restarted 30DS a few days ago but I would love to! Are we starting a group:? Might be easier...
  • bronnyd
    bronnyd Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I'll do it! I have the DVD and do a workout every once in a while randomly but have never committed to the entire 30 day thing.
  • ohyousillygirl
    ohyousillygirl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    @LittleBallofFurr had a great idea to just make this a group to make it easier!

I made one and already invited everyone who has posted here ( I think, if I missed you I'm sorry!)

Here is the link for anyone else that wants to join:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/9982-30-day-shred-december-challenge
  • Xcarnold94X
    Options
    I did the first session this morning (1/12/12). Felt great afterwards! Let's do this people!!!!
  • phoebeleb
    phoebeleb Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    thanks to you all motivating me i just did my day 5! pushups getting easier (do knee ones) and am using mostly 5 lb weigts now instead of just 3 lbs! for me, seems i have to "force" myself to just do it --in the morning or around lunch--once i actually start the first couple mins then i am able to finish. then i am done for the day and don't have to think about it anymore! (i also try to do 12000 to 15000 "steps" each day with walking, treadmill, or my Wii walk it out dvd...that's my goal each day...
  • fitandhealthy42012
    Options
    I'm pleased I've seen this thread as I've decided to start Jillian's 30 day shred today, so suits me nicely to join this challenge. Looking forward to seeing how everyone gets on. This will really motivate me to keep going. I found it quite tough this morning so hoping it'll get easier feeling so unfit.
  • JenniferEM2012
    JenniferEM2012 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Count me in I just got done with Day 1.
  • abranch87
    abranch87 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Im in. I started yesterday with my BF, we are both hurting but plan to work through it.