30 Day Shred December (Challenge?)

Options

Replies

• licialooful
    Options
    Level 2 day 4 done. Definitely easier today
  • jwilson3787
    Options
    I started December 1st as well but I'm only on day 9 so I took some rest days in there but I'm determined to complete the video! add me please motivation is needed!
  • licialooful
    Options
    Also, what is everyone's plans after the 30 day shred? I am thinking asking my husband for her body revolution series for Christmas and doing that next.

I am going to do C25K and I'm super excited about that. I am finally back to WANTING to run and I am soooo happy. I am on D8L1 and am thinking about moving up to L2, but it scares the heck out of me.

What's C25K?? Level 2 scared me to lol. I watched a little bit of it the night before I did it and was really worried about the walking pushups but I actually found those the easiest and was suprised that I could actually do them considering I was doing the modified version of pushups in level 1. The cardio and last set of strength training is hardest for me but it has been getting easier.
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I just moved over to day 1 of Level 2. OUCH...... I was surprised that some of the strength parts I was managing the harder version, but the cardio session of the plank things....OH NO I tried, but its a killer, not sure I will even be able to keep for for whole time on the modified version, I kept having to stop today.

Onwards though, I will keep pushing myself.
  • sb1023
    sb1023 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    level 1 day 10 done! excited and scared to start level 2 tomorrow, as i remember that one being a killer-- i definitely agree on the plank cardio moves! yuck!! if memory serves, though, level 2 was really where i started seeing results. so i will hold on to that for motivation! great job everyone!
  • mindaleigh
    mindaleigh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started 30 ds today, hopefully it works out for me as it has for most of you! i just actually finished my first video about an hour ago and im already kind of feeling it which i love! im just hoping it will help me lose the 15 pounds i wish to lose:)
  • lizz2013
    lizz2013 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 1 of level 3 and I love this level. I'm a lot fitter and stronger, but it stills kicks my *kitten*. I think I prefer the moves in this one though!

Started cutting my calories to 1200-1500 a few days ago and already lost a couple pounds so I'm feeling positive for the next 9 days!

Any suggestions for the next video? i want to stick with Jillian, but I want the one that will kick the flab the most. ripped in 30, 6 weeks 6 pack or the metabolism boost one?
  • HuggyTheDinosaur
    Options
    I'm on day three.... It feels like I am getting worse. My arms and legs are stiff. I'm OK with that. My chest muscles hurt. I'm OK with that, but I seem to be getting out of breath faster each day. I'm still able to complete the work out , but it is getting harder not easier.

Anyone else experience that?
  • sb1023
    Options
    Level 2 day one done! but man oh man was that painful!!

sorry to heat abour how you're feeling HuggyTheDinos- I'm wondering if its because your muscles are fatigued so your body is having to work harder? that's how I felt the first time I did the shred too. In fact, I was thinking of doing this the way Jillian described it in her podcast to give my muscles a break- which is 2 days of shred follwed by 1 day of cardio, then repeat, and so on. Hope you feel better!
  • sb1023
    Options
    lol i am so tired i can't even type:)
  • Auzziedoggie
    Auzziedoggie Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am on Day 6 today and I started Dec 2. I had to take 2 days off twice because of extreme muscle fatigue. I couldn't even walk properly or lift my arms after the workout.The next day I'd get really stiff if I sat for too long and had a hard time getting out of the car, off the sofa, etc. I find that with each day, a different muscle group feels fatigued. The first day it was my abs so I had a hard time sitting up or getting up off the floor. The next time, it was my quadriceps. I had a really hard time walking. The following day it was the back of one knee. I feel like my "injuries" are getting less and less with each passing day. But I am still worried that I am doing something really wrong.

Also, I am quite out of shape but I didn't think it'd be this bad!??

I do the modified versions and I cannot even do 3 modified pushups before shaking and collapsing. I still feel like I can push through it though. Am I doing something wrong?
  • rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    The boyfriend said I looked thinner. I laughed and told him 'yeah, right', but I DO feel tighter and more comfortable with my body lately. Upon measuring, looks as though I've lost one inch from the upper and lower portion of my waist. Totally satisfied with this, because I was so sure I would see NO progress at all. 7 more sessions until i'm done completely!
  • susanaowen
    Options
    Day 11 tomorrow morning! Starting level 2 so we will see how I do. Definitely feeling stronger!
  • lizz2013
    lizz2013 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Day 2 of level 3 and I barely got through it today. I have to do some of the modifications on this level as its so hard! But proud of myself for doing it and not having a day off in a while.
  • sarahp4769
    sarahp4769 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Just finished D1 L2. was dreading it from what people have said...it was tough and really worked me but I was glad for the change in routine. Feel very tired now and think I will hurt tomorrow! Had to do a lot of the exercises with modifications but it was good! Think L1 prepares you well for it.
  • Treadmillmom1st
    Treadmillmom1st Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I started Level 2 this week and it is HARD, especially the last 10 mins, your arms are on fire.
    However, whilst brushing my teeth in my underwear this morning I did a double take at the reflection of my own arms and shoulders.
    I uttered a silent 'wow'.
  • Kidostud
    Kidostud Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Finished day 8 of level 1 today. Feel good and I do feel a bit stronger already. You guys are scaring me with all the talk about how difficult level 2 is...
  • TrishaCisneros
    TrishaCisneros Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Today will be D2L2 for me. I am so happy for a change in routine. It was hard but I got through it. That last circuit was a killer. My arms/shoulders were on FIRE. I am looking forward to it again today. I'm turning into such an endorphin junkie LOL
  • sarahp4769
    sarahp4769 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Finished day 8 of level 1 today. Feel good and I do feel a bit stronger already. You guys are scaring me with all the talk about how difficult level 2 is...

Aw sorry, that's how i felt! I think its difficult because its a new routine...by the end of level 1 you now what you are doing and what to expect so it threw me with the new moves. Im guessing with what I've read that it gets easier the more you do it!
  • Kidostud
    Kidostud Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, I'm sure once I get started, I should get used to it!