5'5- 5'6 women weight goal

Options
Hey, I was wondering what some 5'5 to 5'6 women's weight goals were. I am at 133 right now, but I just dont feel like I'm "there" yet as far as reaching my goal, though my original goal was 135 (started at 190, I just started MFP to lose a little more until I feel happy with the results).

Replies

• ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I have a goal dress size, not weight, maybe that'll help
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Hey, I was wondering what some 5'5 to 5'6 women's weight goals were. I am at 133 right now, but I just dont feel like I'm "there" yet as far as reaching my goal, though my original goal was 135 (started at 190, I just started MFP to lose a little more until I feel happy with the results).

I saw your pics in another thread, and you look amazing!

My original goal was 135, and I ended up going about 10 pounds below that, then gaining it back over time with strength training. (I didn't intentionally do a "bulk," but I had periods of less motivation where pounds crept on.)

Honestly, I'm way, way happier with my body now than I was at 125. I'm still the same size, but better proportioned.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/799682-lifting-gaining-weight-losing-curves-getting-bulky

So my goal weight now is... to not give a damn what the scale says.
  • CamillaBeaumont
    CamillaBeaumont Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and started at 180lbs. Original goal was 145, now I've passed that and sort of aiming for 135 or a size 8 pants. I'm in size 10 now (started at 14).
  • mandy0688
    mandy0688 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    5"6 here and my SW was 217 CW 199.9. ULW: 130
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and my goal is 140 but it's more a question of size and of how fit I'll look when I'm around my goal.
  • Farburnfred
    Farburnfred Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6 and am practically at my goal weight of 60kg which is about 132 lbs (according to google) thats the lowest i am really happy at atm.
  • Luvr2502
    Options
    I am 5'6 and I looked my best at 122 lbs. If I got below 120, I would look too skinny and unhealthy.
  • noneed94
    noneed94 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5'8'' and back when I was about 110-115, I had the looks to be a model. Now I'm 125 and look like a regular person but wanna model again so I'm going back to 115. Maybe that can help.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,638 Member
    Options
    5'6" goal is 130 and I'll re-evaluate when i get there
  • weliveaswedream
    weliveaswedream Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and my goal weight is 145. The lowest I've ever been was 155 and I think I looked pretty good at that weight. I figure when I get to 150, I'll evaluate how I feel and look and go from there. I don't want to be too skinny.
  • anjoneill
    anjoneill Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and if I go below 140 I now look ill but when I was younger my ideal weight was 133lbs. At that stage I did not work out and did not have any muscle weight. I am almost exactly the same size between the two weights
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 6in and have managed, in the past to get to my current goal of 150 lbs and felt pretty good. This time, apart from making sure I don't put it all back on again, I will also evaluate at 150 lbs and I am hoping to go even lower this time. Last time I reached goal people were telling me I was starting to look gaunt which didn't help me to stay there. This time I am only going to listen to my own body.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    5'5", original goal was 135, but when I got there I still had too much belly so now my goal is a fit 130. I figure it will take all winter to get there and the rest of my life to maintain it.
  • liawilliams123
    Options
    105lbs :)
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is 130 pounds. I'm 5'6
  • Em_runs_away
    Em_runs_away Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    My goal is 140lb (10st) to 145lbs ish depending how I feel at the time, I have a way to go still.
  • DragonflyF15
    DragonflyF15 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5.5 and mine is to reach 125 and then start the New Rules for Lifting program and not care what the weight says anymore at that point, just so long as my size 4 still fits :)
  • campi_mama
    campi_mama Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    5'5"
    Goal- 137 (?)
    CW-150

I'm wearing a size 4 or 6 right now and pretty happy. I'm just working on leaning out and losing body fat (which doesn't necessarily correlate to weight reduction). The number on the scale is not the whole picture :smile:
  • BunniPage
    BunniPage Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My current goal is around 130 (59kg). I've been 125 and but I had less muscle and lost my boobs.... Lol
  • wonderstruck91
    wonderstruck91 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6". My goal weight was (I am in maintenance!) 125. I started at about 156. I somewhat inadvertently lost more than I planned, so I actually weigh 120 now. I like how I look but some people are starting to tell me I look too thin. I think 120-125 looks well on me. I would definitely not want to weigh any less than 120.