5'5- 5'6 women weight goal

Options

Replies

• PHr34k0wt
    PHr34k0wt Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    5'6" and my goal weight is 125lbs, Currently 155lbs.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    It's really interesting to read other women's weights and sizes who are the same height as I am!

I'm 5'6 and 167lbs and can wear size 8 trousers (a UK 12). I've got a pair of size 8 trousers I bought in Abercrombie & Fitch on holiday in America 10 years ago that fit me. I have a muffin top in some trousers of the same size though, depends on the shop.

My goal is to get back into all of those size 8s perfectly, it doesn't matter what weight I am when I do it, although I imagine it'll be around 155lbs.
  • kimmireads
    kimmireads Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    5' 5.5" Currently I've set my goal weight at 150, but will re-evaluate when I get closer to it.
  • Debby0904
    Debby0904 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    All our bodies are different. I'm 45 years old and am 5'7". My goal was to hit 130 which I did. Not enough. I currently am at 124 with a new goal of 120. To me it's about bodyfat, how you look and feel. If you have a small frame (as I do) you can go a lot lighter than you are now.
  • bilberryjam
    bilberryjam Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    It's really interesting to read other women's weights and sizes who are the same height as I am!

I'm 5'6 and 167lbs and can wear size 8 trousers (a UK 12). I've got a pair of size 8 trousers I bought in Abercrombie & Fitch on holiday in America 10 years ago that fit me. I have a muffin top in some trousers of the same size though, depends on the shop.

My goal is to get back into all of those size 8s perfectly, it doesn't matter what weight I am when I do it, although I imagine it'll be around 155lbs.

This just goes to show what a difference build makes. I'm 5'6 and 156lb (sw 175lb) and size 16 is too big, but 14 is still a little too tight. I would love to be able to wear a 12. Bloody hips.

My goal weight is 140lb, but if I feel happy at 145 I won't push myself to get down to 140.

I was 140lb in my early twenties and felt fat, but I hope this time I'll feel differently because I'm exercising and lifting (a little) and even at 156lb I can already see it's giving me a more pleasing body shape. Or maybe I'm just older and wiser.
  • Stinaa91
    Stinaa91 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'm around 5'5.5 and my goal right now is around 150-160. but Ill see when I get there.
  • KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5.5" and my highest weight was 146. I think I want to be around 130, but will decide when I get there depending on what I look like, how my clothes fit etc. I'm currently 138.5
  • sarahpetway
    Options
    I'm 5'5 - CW: 149 GW: 130. Mostly I just want to live a healthy lifestyle and feel good about the way I look. Who knows when that'll happen but for now 130 sounds like a good goal ;)
  • currierand
    currierand Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6". My SW was 155. I'm currently at 143 and my goal is 130. I'm almost 50 and in my mid twenties I weighed 115 and frankly was too thin. I realized at my last weigh in I was at the same weight I was 9 month pregnant! (that was a sobering thought)

Anyway, I don't feel any need to be 115, but we'll see how I feel WHEN I reach my goal.

Good luck to everyone!
  • virginiejaubin
    virginiejaubin Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    5'5" started at 190, goal is to acheive 140 and maintain between 140 ad 145. Currently 150, size 6 as I do lots of strength trainings.
  • Lemonaiding
    Lemonaiding Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Almost two years into counting calories and 100 pounds gone, I can stand behind the not giving a damn what the scale says. With lifting and running my body is morphing. Watch your body and not the scale!
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and my goal was 127, which is what I weighed when I got married. I reached my goal the first week of July of this year. I have been able to maintain pretty well, but after having 5 kids my body does not look the same now at 127 as it did when I got married. I am working on trying to tone up problem areas. I am currently in a size 6, but I have enormous thighs, if I could get rid of those I think I might could fit into a 4.
  • margoanton
    margoanton Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5", at 130lbs and hoping to hit 122. At that point I'll hopefully have a body fat % of 21, currently at 26%. I also think I'll fit back into all my size 2 pants hanging in the closet and my wedding dress. I may go as low as 118, but beyond that wouldn't work on my frame.
  • UhOhItsKylie
    UhOhItsKylie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7". Over the years I've weighed as little as 117 lbs and as much as 150 lbs.

The last two months I've started focusing less on cardio and more on strength training and I'm learning that I really could care less what I weigh. I'm currently about 132 pounds, but I look better now than when I was strictly running this summer and weighed 126 pounds. I'll take weighing a bit more and looking great naked over weighing less and still having things jiggling. ;)

Good luck to you!
  • jessgumkowski88
    jessgumkowski88 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I'm around 5'5.5 and my goal right now is around 150-160. but Ill see when I get there.

Me as well! i'm 5'5" and my goal is 150. I've gotten to 160lbs before and i looked preety good, but my i'm 169lbs and because of the muscle building i look less than when i was 160lbs those years ago. So I'm thinking 150lbs will be good for me, but we'll see :) I'm starting to think I could do 140lbs!
  • Violetta86
    Violetta86 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5.5" and my goal first goal is 155, ultimate goal is 135 though. I'm at 165.9 now. I really just want to be in great shape and no bigger than as size 6.
  • RikkiDominey
    RikkiDominey Posts: 134 Member
    Options

Yes I totally agree! I wear a size 8 pants and medium tops.

SW: 174
    CW: 165
    GW: 130-140 (I want to be below 26% body fat)

When I was at 140lbs 2 years ago I was wearing a size 6 pants and small/med tops but had a lot of muscle and loved my body! (Damn injury and lack of motivation made that body disappear)
  • Lemonaiding
    Lemonaiding Posts: 78 Member
    Options

I'm 5'6" as well. And I'm fitting into size 8/10 US. AND I'm 167 pounds. You're my MFP doppelgänger. I never thought it possible.
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    105lbs :)

ditto. Made it for a long time then got lazy so I am working my way back again. Currently 112lb.
  • Luvr2502
    Options

Yes I totally agree! I wear a size 8 pants and medium tops.

SW: 174
    CW: 165
    GW: 130-140 (I want to be below 26% body fat)

When I was at 140lbs 2 years ago I was wearing a size 6 pants and small/med tops but had a lot of muscle and loved my body! (Damn injury and lack of motivation made that body disappear)

It is crazy the correlation between weight and size because when I was 122, a size 7/8 fit me perfectly. You were 140 and in a size smaller. That is terrific. That goes to show that it doesn't matter what your weight is, only what your measurement are.