5'5- 5'6 women weight goal

Options

Replies

• allsetnow
    Options
    I am 5'5.5" and currently about 134 lbs. I am wearing a size 2 petite pants and extra small tops. I must have heavy bones or something... My goal is to maintain between 130 and 135, which I have been doing since the summer. I am 53 and started (last February, before joining MFP) at 178.
  • rjh1975
    rjh1975 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and I set my first goal at healthy BMI (154 lbs) and then, when I got there, I decided that I'd be happier with 145 lbs (just to give myself a "cushion"). I now weigh 142 lbs and it's really tempting to try and get down into the 130s but I'm really trying not to get obsessed with the scale. I want to focus on fitness/strength building and to not let the numbers on the scale consume me...
  • cateykins09
    cateykins09 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5 and my goal is about 135, i have been to 137 before and felt good about myself. I want to be able to wear my jeans from when i was that small. I don't think i would look good if i was under 130, just the way my body is built. However I will re evaluate when i get there.. As long as i don't lose my boobs i'll be happy lol.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and my goal weight is 128 (currently 137). But honestly I care more about jean size than the number on the scale. I'd like to fit into a size 6 comfortably.
  • sliceofsarah
    sliceofsarah Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5". My official goal weight is 130 lbs, but I am starting to get more interested in body fat %. I think my real goal will probably end up being between 20-25% body fat, which I may end up hitting at a slightly higher weight (135 lbs perhaps). I want to have a healthy body fat % and be satisfied when I look in the mirror.

I really need to get my body fat professionally measured however to calculate out the exact numbers. :)
  • photojunkie28
    Options
    I'm 5'5 with a SW of 212.5
    CW is 169
    GW is 150 and I will re-evaluate when I get there and have my BF% taken again. I am currently at 30% BF and would like to be between 20-25%

I will be happy at 150 if I continue toning up appropriately and dropping fat lbs.
  • ezebra82
    ezebra82 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5", started at 326.8, current is 248, goal is 140. May drop a lil after I get there.
  • bankmd
    bankmd Posts: 20
    Options
    I am 5'5.5" and over the past 5 years, my weight has ranged between about 115 and 130 lbs. I feel most comfortable at maybe just over 120 lbs, but I have small bones (small wrists). I start to look haggard if my weight drops below about 118. I am about a size 4, but a 2 in some vanity sizing and a 6 in JCrew coats because my shoulders are kind of broad ('bought a coat today :-)).
  • envy09
    envy09 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'6''
    SW: 130
    CW: 126
    GW: 125

I strength train three times a week, so I'm really just looking to work on my body composition. I'm around 21-22% BF right now and would love to get down to 18%. I eat around 1500-1700 calories a day depending on my workout.
  • ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    this is an awesome site - it might help you determine your further goals:

http://www.mybodygallery.com/
  • funkycamper
    funkycamper Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    SW: 237
    CW: 177
    Size 10 pants (usually, but have to get an occasional 8 or 12 depending on cut); Size M or L shirts (I'm busty with broad shoulders)

I think I put my MFP goal weight at 135 but I really don't give a rat's patootie. I'm more concerned about body fat % and fitness levels. I think would like to get into a size 8 pants and size M tops on a consistent basis. Once I get to that point, based on my body fat level, I'll be able to determine whether I need to lose more actual fat to achieve my goal or just continue to lift heavy in order to work on body recomposition.

So, really, the scale is the least important measurement, imho.
  • Alicia7519
    Options
    I'm 5'6.
    SW: 239
    CW: 217

I want to weight around 165-160 lbs. When I get there, I'll decide if I want to lose more weight. I'll probably stick with 160. It's what I weighed when I was in high school. Right now, I will be thrilled when I take off 18 pounds. It's been 20 years since I have weighed under 200 lbs.
  • alaskaang
    alaskaang Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    5'6" with an initial goal of 150. I remember being at that weight for several years and being comfortable. The lightest that I would consider is 130. I was 128 in college and very thin at that weight. Not sure it would be sustainable at this point in life.

It is very interesting the difference that frame and body composition make in weight. My mom is 5'7" and 120 lbs at 64 years old.
  • Katrina_88
    Katrina_88 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3 and currently 176. My goal is 135 and I hope to get there before summer '13. I am a apple shape (carry most my weight in my stomach) I wear a US size 9 or 11 jeans depending on brand, they fit in the waist but are baggy in my legs and butt :grumble: . Hoping to fit into a 5 by the time I reach my goal.
  • Farburnfred
    Farburnfred Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    i hit my goal weight of 60kg this morning!!!!!!

i fit into some UK10's, others a 12 is more comfortable. i have lost all my boob whilst loosing weight which is a bit sad. i still feel quite flabby though I need to work on body recomposition, I have no accurate way of measuring BF% but I think I will know
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    I'm the same height as you and my goal is 130......... it would rock to be 130 anything........
  • Ejwelton
    Ejwelton Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'm 42, 5'6" SW 155 and my original goal was 140 which was the lightest I'd been my whole adult life.
    Once I got there, although happy I wondered how much more I could do and am now at 134.
    I'm wearing a uk 10 (US 6) and some clothes are starting to feel loose.
    Several people are starting to comment about not going any further and I think I'm pretty happy. Just need to maintain now.
  • ColwellCat
    ColwellCat Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5", and my SW was 165. Currently at 152, and my GW is 125, and then planning to maintain under 130. 125 was my lowest adult fit weight, and I love how I felt at that stage. I could also lose a cup size and be happy.
  • VelvetAcidVixen
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and like to be around 145 lbs, I'm a size 6 at that weight.
  • cclouj
    Options
    I am 41 and just got down under 150 for the first time in 17 years. Was up to 215 three years ago. I wear a size 10 right now, could probably fit into an 8. I thought I would be happy at 150 but don't like where the weight is still on my body (my middle, unforturnately I lost in my chest and my rear). My new goal is 140, then will see from there. 20 years ago I was 130 and I think that is going to be too much for me to ask at my are now.