5'5- 5'6 women weight goal

Options

Replies

• Xhasha
    Options
    I just started this week, on Dr.'s advice. He said that, going by ideal BMI, I should aim for 125 lbs but that 135 lbs would be fine. Since I'm in my mid-60's, I think the higher weight would be preferable, am have made that my goal. I may even decide 140 lbs is better. When I was younger, 125 lbs was my usual weight. At that time, I still wore sizes 8 and 10. I wonder whether sizing has changed?
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5". I started at 269 in 2005. Lost about 40 pounds and had to stop because of medical reasons. Only gained 5 pounds back or so. Started again in March of this year at 235 pounds and I'm down a total of 88 pounds total now. I'm at just over 181 pounds right now. My goal is 140-145. But we'll see how it goes. My medium-range goal is 180, which I'm very close to now....

(Anyone can feel free to add me if they'd like.)
  • proudtexan71
    proudtexan71 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Started at 260.

1st goal: Loose 50lbs.

2nd goal: Weight to start w/ a 1 -- got to 200, then had surgery and I've got some work (well, re-work) to do.

Goal weight: 150. I know it's more that the charts say I should weight but let me get there and we'll see how I feel. : )
  • leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I've got a rough goal weight of 135-140, but I really want a 27" or less waist, and 19-20% BF. Where the scale lies once those two are met is irrelevant to me.

ETA: 5'5.5" tall, currently 162 lbs
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 5.5" and my goal was 135. I now hang out around 130 (fluctuate from 128 - 131 or so). Pretty happy here - wearing 4s and 2s. My goal now is just to keep running, keep doing kettlebells and building some more strength. Body fat is 22%.
  • bridgelene
    bridgelene Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    5'5".....started at 290.6lbs and my long term goal weight is 150lbs. That will be reevaluated when I get closer/get there, and it may stay the same or may change. But that's the starting point.
  • RachaelKaye4
    RachaelKaye4 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Height:5"5
    CW: 128lbs (58.2kg)
    Goal: between 120lbs-125lbs and a lovely toned stomach by 15 June 2013 for my holiday

x

13357415.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • mistyladidah
    mistyladidah Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6, and my goal weight is 145. That what I was in high school. After I hit that I'm going to stop using the scale as a primary gauge and use body fat percentage. I'll probably change up my workout scheme a bit from circuit training to more strength training and separate out the cardio. I'd like to do New Rules of Lifting For Women. I'm also going to see a doctor to get a professional opinion since all of our bodies are so different. My current weight is 160-165 (I'm sick so it's fluctuating a lot) and I'm fitting into size 14 jeans. I hope to get into an 8, because that's what I could fit into at 145. Really it's about having a healthy heart and body, and I want to have the best weight/body comp. for that.
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Im 5"5 and at the moment 12 stone 4lbs. Started at 12 stone 12lbs after having my second baby 4 weeks ago and am hoping to get to 9 stone 7lbs again. That was my weight when I met my partner and felt happiest! Im always a size 12 on bottom, was at 9st 11lbs until 12stone my hips are 36 inches at smallest. Im hopng to one day fit into size 10 uk jeans, and just not have a muffin top poking through my tops!
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    130 then re-evaluate...
  • christin623
    christin623 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I agree! I am 5'6.5 and my lowest weight was 120 and I looked sickly and had no boobs! 130-135 seemed perfect and I will be very happy if I can get back to that. Ultimately, it's a personal choice. I care more about feeling good about myself than a number on the scale.
  • aairs1
    aairs1 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6.5" and my goal is 140-145. My cw is 181. I think I will re-evaluate when I get to my first goal.
  • laura30188
    Options
    I am 5'6''. My doctor said that the weight I was in high school before I had children is the weight I should be at which is about 138 lbs. I on the other hand have big bones and at that weight you see and feel every bone in my body. I am shooting for about 175 lbs. I think it is different for everyone based ou your body type.
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and my goal weight is 130, I'm 136 now. :) I have a small frame.
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6", I reached my goal of 130 lbs a week ago
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    It's really interesting to read other women's weights and sizes who are the same height as I am!

I'm 5'6 and 167lbs and can wear size 8 trousers (a UK 12). I've got a pair of size 8 trousers I bought in Abercrombie & Fitch on holiday in America 10 years ago that fit me. I have a muffin top in some trousers of the same size though, depends on the shop.

My goal is to get back into all of those size 8s perfectly, it doesn't matter what weight I am when I do it, although I imagine it'll be around 155lbs.

This just goes to show what a difference build makes. I'm 5'6 and 156lb (sw 175lb) and size 16 is too big, but 14 is still a little too tight. I would love to be able to wear a 12. Bloody hips.

My goal weight is 140lb, but if I feel happy at 145 I won't push myself to get down to 140.

I was 140lb in my early twenties and felt fat, but I hope this time I'll feel differently because I'm exercising and lifting (a little) and even at 156lb I can already see it's giving me a more pleasing body shape. Or maybe I'm just older and wiser.

My hips have really shrunk for some reason! Not that I am complaining. I'm 35 now and have 2 kids (eldest is 3, youngest 18 months) and I'm able to wear clothes I wore at age 25 at 147lbs! So perhaps having children has changed my body, but I also workout differently to how I did at 25. I didn't do any weights at all then, and now I use weights at least twice a week, plus I do spinning, aerobics and zumba, when back then I used to just do cardio in the gym and swimming.

My biggest problem now is my mummy tummy! It is the last bit to go. And although my thighs have lost loads of inches they are still a bit wobbly.

So if i got down to 147lbs again I think I would be in a smaller clothes size, probably a UK10.

My start weight was around 220lbs (eek) after having my 2nd baby last year.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    It's really interesting to read other women's weights and sizes who are the same height as I am!

I'm 5'6 and 167lbs and can wear size 8 trousers (a UK 12). I've got a pair of size 8 trousers I bought in Abercrombie & Fitch on holiday in America 10 years ago that fit me. I have a muffin top in some trousers of the same size though, depends on the shop.

My goal is to get back into all of those size 8s perfectly, it doesn't matter what weight I am when I do it, although I imagine it'll be around 155lbs.

I'm 5'6" as well. And I'm fitting into size 8/10 US. AND I'm 167 pounds. You're my MFP doppelgänger. I never thought it possible.

My MFP twin :smile: When's your birthday? I will be freaked out of it's the same as mine....
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    im 5'4 and SW was 165, CW is 161.....GW is 130.
  • Lemonaiding
    Lemonaiding Posts: 78 Member
    Options

I'm 5'6" as well. And I'm fitting into size 8/10 US. AND I'm 167 pounds. You're my MFP doppelgänger. I never thought it possible.

My MFP twin :smile: When's your birthday? I will be freaked out of it's the same as mine....

21st of January....there's no way....or is there?
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    5'5''
    SW 155 US size 9/10
    CW 140 US size 7
    GW 135

Because of my naturally fuller frame 125 would be too small, so my original goal was 130. Now at 140, I'm actually liking what I see in the mirror. I'd still like to loose a few more pounds but now I'm focusing on losing inches. I plan on starting weight training in order to lower my body fat and get toned.

I saw your pics from an earlier thread and I think you look GREAT! Id say instead of trying to go any lower use weight training instead to tone up your already hot bod! :-)