What is really going on???

Options
These forums are really starting to make me sick. There is so much negativity. We are all here for support not to be criticized. As over weight people don't you think we get enough of that as it is. One thing always comes to mind when I read something mean...IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO SAY DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL. Come on everyone, lets all stop beating each other down and help each other acheive the goals we have all been working towards. All the negative comments really make me question why I even log in anymore. I want people in my corner telling me I can do it not people telling me I am an idiot for eating a piece of cake.

Replies

• ageorga10
    Options
    Amen sista!!!!
  • Geekyfatgirl
    Geekyfatgirl Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Luckily I haven't come across any negativity, but that is sad that there are people out there who want to bring others down. I think this community should be full of supporters who all have the same goal! It should be the one place you can go to, when the rest of the world pokes fun at your weight, to come here, with everyone else striving for the same goals, and dealing with the same pains!

I for one, support everyone, because I know how hard it really is!
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    These forums are really starting to make me sick. There is so much negativity. We are all here for support not to be criticized. As over weight people don't you think we get enough of that as it is. One thing always comes to mind when I read something mean...IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO SAY DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL. Come on everyone, lets all stop beating each other down and help each other acheive the goals we have all been working towards. All the negative comments really make me question why I even log in anymore. I want people in my corner telling me I can do it not people telling me I am an idiot for eating a piece of cake.

Mmm...cake.
  • chelle_fri
    chelle_fri Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I feel like the people who are telling me I'm an idiot for eating a piece of cake are also the people who should be in my corner. Without being called out on the mistakes, we allow ourselves to slide more and more. Also, don't use the forums as an excuse not to log. They are easily avoided and really shouldn't be your main reason for coming and going on this site. I'm not even saying this stuff to upset you, but it seems to me like you are looking for a reason to leave, whether it be people critiquing your food (close your diary then) or things people say on the boards (don't read them.) I encourage you to keep going with this site, it's an incredibly useful tool. I hope you achieve whatever it is you are working towards.
  • davyrockhit214
    Options
    Comes with the territory, I'm afraid. But there are still PLENTY of good supportive people on here, I hope you run across some =)
  • Chyll88
    Chyll88 Posts: 76 Member
    Options

^^^Very true & LOVE THIS!
  • girlonabikedc
    girlonabikedc Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    You'll see what you're looking for & you'll hear what you're listening for. The world (and this place) is just a mirror. Why are you listening to the people that call you an idiot for having a piece of cake?
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Why are you yelling at everyone? I posted that I had ice cream and pizza for dinner, and everyone said "right on" and "yum". I seriously don't get where some of you are coming from. I see more negativity in posts like these than i do in the everyday stuff. I just don't get it. Maybe you're too sensitive. Or, maybe when you log into the Internet you should take off your diapers and put on your big girl pants. I don't know the answer, but try to not be so negative. It's like everyone is having fun at a party and all the sudden some chick starts loudly ranting and raving and everyone is like, "WTF just happened? I thought we were having fun."
  • cmcollins001
    Options
    Why are you yelling at everyone? I posted that I had ice cream and pizza for dinner, and everyone said "right on" and "yum". I seriously don't get where some of you are coming from. I see more negativity in posts like these than i do in the everyday stuff. I just don't get it. Maybe you're too sensitive. Or, maybe when you log into the Internet you should take off your diapers and put on your big girl pants. I don't know the answer, but try to not be so negative. It's like everyone is having fun at a party and all the sudden some chick starts loudly ranting and raving and everyone is like, "WTF just happened? I thought we were having fun."

Mmm...Pizza
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i always wonder why people focus on the 1 or negative posts they come across and ignore the dozens of positive ones they see.

IMO, this is either a case of wanting to see negative things or smelling one's own upper lip
  • davyrockhit214
    Options
    Well now we all have something to talk about, btw I wish I was drunk right now ;-)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Names, we want names.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    It seems like it's generally the people who have fewer posts that think everyone is mean and those who have thousands who think it's just normal. So who is right? Those with a fresh perspective or those who have been conditioned into a unique internet universe? Not sure. Can see both sides of this.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Names, we want names.

Pshhhhh I am here for cake and pizza
  • cmcollins001
    Options
    Names, we want names.

Yes
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Names, we want names.

This!!!
  • BiscuitsNDavy
    BiscuitsNDavy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Names, we want names.

Pfttttttttt I am here for HCG drops and raspberry ketones. On my cake and pizza.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Names, we want names.

Pfttttttttt I am here for HCG drops and raspberry ketones. On my cake and pizza.
    You keep your ketones...I want my Sensa sprinkles.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    It seems like it's generally the people who have fewer posts that think everyone is mean and those who have thousands who think it's just normal. So who is right? Those with a fresh perspective or those who have been conditioned into a unique internet universe? Not sure. Can see both sides of this.
    but those people who have been here for awhile were obviously new at some point as well.

if this were simply a case of new people see things better then there would be far more "you guys are mean" posts from newbies.

but in actuality. i see an equal amount of "why are you all so mean?" from newbs as i see "omg this forum rocks"
  • matthew8387
    Options
    i wish i knew what was going on