Who gets a Christmas bonus???

Options

Replies

• newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    We get a really nice Christmas party (even called the Christmas party by the Jewish CEO) but we're a small company so it's easier to afford that. We get an annual bonus but it's based on performance (personal and the company) and just happens to be sorta near Christmas.
  • RubyRed8067
    Options
    Oh I wish! We do get (throughout the year) over 3 weeks vacation in lieu of a bonus...but I'd rather have the bonus.
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    my first year my boss just doubled our paycheck ...i get paid every 2 weeks so that was awesome.....last year i got a 50 inch flatscreen......praying its cash this year as daddy is a little tight....and a bonus and then tax return few months later really would be nice start to 2013
  • riddellr
    Options
    I get the day off with pay... We used to have bonuses and big parties, not any more.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I work at a physician's office and we get two bonuses. One from the hospital system and one from the medical group. The one from the medical group is $470 (before taxes), but I'm not sure how much the second bonus is. We're supposed to get them this Friday. We usually have a CHRISTmas party for our office, as well, but there was low interest in having one this year so they decided not to spend money on it. We may still have a pot luck lunch, though.

Edit to add: I've only been working here for just over two years, and the other places I've worked didn't really do much of anything for their employees. This has been a refreshing change of pace the last couple of years.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    We get a bonus. It's not huge, but it's nice.

They took away the big holiday party a few years ago. It was a very nice gig, and a lot of people are still upset about it. We are a company breaking records with profit, and yet, the party got too expensive. Ugh!
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Everyone in my company received our first bonus in 3 years this year. I knew we were getting the bonus in September so I had 6 weeks to think about what to do with it. Funny thing is my water service to my home broke the same day I received the bonus and now I can’t even see my knew $5500 water service. #*kitten* Happens
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    We don't have Holiday parties here at work (haven't for about 10 years, or so I was told by some of the oldtimers)
    We had a choice between a ham or a park pass for all of the local county parks and beaches. I chose the park pass, hiking and hanging out at the beach whenever I have a free minute for the next year is way better than eating some poor dead pig.
  • RobfromLakewood
    Options
    No cash bonuses, but we'll have a breakfast together on the 14th. After the workday, we don't come back until January 7th, so lots of time off. I will most likely get cards, candy canes, coffee mugs and maybe a wallet or cologne. I'm a teacher and my students can be very sweet about the holidays. They will be getting little gift bags from me.
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    We have a pretty decent party. But as far as a bonus goes... Last year I got a Snuggie. True story.
  • BillyC96
    BillyC96 Posts: 7,560 Member
    Options
    Nope, no bonus, but an invite to our biggest client's Christmas party which is usually very good, and dinner with our own small company.

At my old job in Canada I once got a Christmas bonus to die for. My employers gave me return airfare to anywhere in the world I wanted to go. I was living in Canada, so I was thinking Australia or New Zealand. Then I met Karen, and went to England instead. I am now married to Karen and live in England. :happy: Not a bad choice.

Some day maybe we'll go to New Zealand.
  • llgisme711
    Options
    me - self employed so no bonus but clients give generous gift baskets
    hubby - $1,000 Christmas bonus (after taxes) usually - no christmas party so the boss can put more money into giving a bigger bonus to his staff instead.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I'm a teacher so the only bonus I get is 2 weeks off work :smile:

There is an xmas party, but it's expensive, and the same week I'm going to a wedding reception, so I'm not going.
  • Wabbit05
    Wabbit05 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    No bonus, maybe a raise but not guaranteed. Just a gift exchange and cookie exchange at the partner's beach house. Very low key.
  • johnlatv
    johnlatv Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I am very lucky, i get a % of my current salary (i have been grandfathered in) i get a christmas party, i get a division lunch and a office lunch, i get a gift from the owner, and i get a gift from my 2 bosses. I am very very lucky.
  • skrakalaka
    skrakalaka Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I'm a nurse in Canada, so no. We used to get a free turkey dinner if we worked on Christmas day, now we have to pay for it. We organize and pay for our own Christmas parties.
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I been working for the same company for six years. Last year, was the first year they put on a fancy Christmas party and they are doing it again. They claim that years before they couldn't afford it. I have never got a bonus but can always dream. It's not unusal for my clients to give me a gift but not always.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Nope.

:sad: :sad: :sad:
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I usually get one. My company also throws a huge annual Xmas party up at headquarters in New York, but I never go.
  • indygal76
    indygal76 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    We have a very nice Christmas party every year (in fact, it is this Friday). We get a "live" check with 2 weeks pay on it! :happy: