Worst part of your job?

Options

Replies

• neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    When people say "I've been trying to get in touch with someone in the office FOREVER" and they have yet to leave a voicemail, e-mail, etc. We leave between 12-1 daily for lunch. We also get e-mail alerts when we have a voicemail. We check that junk all of the time.

So, basically, I hate liars.
  • suzii32
    Options
    I work in Pre-K and I love it!!! The kids can be a handful, but they're still sweet and innocent...I have to say some of the parents. It depresses me, some of these kids don't seem to have a chance.
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    showing up every day

LOL, I second this.
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Collections calls. I hate being the bill collector. The 26 mile commute is no picnic either.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I just dread working, period. Even when it's good, I'd rather be doing something else like frittering away my millions on fancy argyle socks.
  • shaleyn
    shaleyn Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    The boredom. Went from my dream job (had to work every other weekend tho) to a mon-fri job so I'd have the weekends off for my family. My brain hasn't moved in about 6 months. :/
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    People walking around constantly in loud, clacky heels. I'm sitting most of the time, and I hate when they speed walk like a bat out of hell and go into my office to get something (there's a storage closet in here), then go back out, only to come right back 5 minutes later.

Oh my bad, I mean, CLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACK- CLINK- SWISH- CLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACK
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    When Im in my underthings and the IT guy walks in.

I'm an IT guy and I never walk in on women in their underthings which is possibly the worst thing about my job.
  • deadbambi
    Options
    actually being here for 11 hours lol. I'm usually finished all my work in the first 5-6 hours so then i have a **** ton of time to kill. Sounds glorious, but it's so boring. Every website in the world gets tiring after the first 3 hours :(
  • Sreed9901
    Sreed9901 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Worst thing? Dealing with the other person in inventory. She is over 40 and petty, rude, and thinks she is better than everyone else. Funny thing is she messes up more than anyone else. Also she has HORRIBLE taste in music and gets mad if I turn on what I like. Mad as in crying down an aisle so I can't see her, mad.
    Other than that I think I have the best job in the world lol.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    The stress. I am not very good at coping with stress.
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Sitting all day!
  • Phoenixchichima
    Options
    I adjust insurance auto claims. Sometimes I have to speak to one of the drivers in an accident, and they didnt know the other person died & I have to be the one to tell them the accident they were in caused a fatality. They may not be at fault for it. but most folks' initial thought is "I killed someone" whether it was their fault or not. It changes their lives forever.
  • deadbambi
    Options
    I adjust insurance auto claims. Sometimes I have to speak to one of the drivers in an accident, and they didnt know the other person died & I have to be the one to tell them the accident they were in caused a fatality. They may not be at fault for it. but most folks' initial thought is "I killed someone" whether it was their fault or not. It changes their lives forever.

oh god. :c that's horrid. Must be stressful on you too to have to tell people that kind of news.
  • amberlynsimard
    Options
    Being stuck at the desk, and no window!!!! :( But I sneak out and take walks almost every day. It really helps. :)
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options

oh god. :c that's horrid. Must be stressful on you too to have to tell people that kind of news.

That sucks! Never would have thought of that.
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    The worst part of my job? The not-my-job/not-my-problem attitude! That and the fact that it's almost 5:30 and I'm still here - missing my workout... :(
  • AmiC0717
    AmiC0717 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I work in an STD clinic. Nuff said. Oh and the guy who is afraid of peeing razors. Get tested ;) REGULARLY!
  • dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Grumpy co-workers. Those same co-workers who ask for help and then come to my "office" and reach over my head without saying a word to get things off my shelf. Drives me nuts! Say Hi or excuse or may I have that? Very inconsiderate group of people.
  • fishifishy
    Options
    Having people yell at you because it's my fault that their fish died...
    Also having to pull dead fish out of tanks without gloves. It's gross having to pull fuzzy mollies and platies.

And some of the part-timers that don't know how to scrub algae from the glass fronts... -_-"