Worst part of your job?

Options
12346»

Replies

• LaComadreja14
    LaComadreja14 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    YESSS!!!!! Drug screens and anything dealing with urine (are you a Phleb too?) especially pouring off 24 hour urines into the smaller containers for testing. I work for LabCorp but I'm stationed in a doctors office so I don't have to deal with drug screens except for on Friday because my doctors office closes half a day so I have to go to the main PSC in the afternoon and deal with them there. However, in the doctors office I have to deal with urine (UAs and cultures) on a daily basis anyway.

To me the worst part is when a patient brings in a room temp stool sample first thing in the morning- pick up isn't till lunch time and even double bagged some smells are uncontainable. Not only the smell itself but the self concious feeling that all the patients whose blood I'm drawing are going to think that *I* am the source of the smell (my draw area is small and confined :/ ) LUCKILY I don't get too many

No I'm a Probation/Parole officer. And they come in with every excuse in the book while they can't pee or while they "may" come up dirty.

I bet they do, its funny that when people come to LabCorp for drug screens they assume we do the testing on-site and have tons of excuses/stories ... some even bring giant bags of RX bottles lol. The only thing we do is check temp- testing is done in the lab- but people who come often know that we're testing temp on site and they do some crazy things. Once a guy had a condom full of urine stuffed in his rectum so it would stay warm enough, we only give them five mins in the bathroom and he couldn't get it out in time. He claimed shy bladder and was walking out the door when the condom burst and urine went all down the back of his pants lmao- that is what he gets. I almost died laughing
  • Smallz13
    Options
    having people come into my office to fix situations without having the necessary info i need to fix the situation...

That just happened the MOMENT I READ THIS!!!

LOLLLL what is wrong with ppl??
  • Smallz13
    Options
    During the week isn't so bad but the weekends are horrible. I have a duty phone on me 24/7 and it's the worse when it rings with people calling off work.

lol im glad s-3 doesnt have a 24/7 duty phone or i'd die.
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    Getting an unexpected phone call at 4:00AM because I need to drive a bus. So much better to know the night before!

JM
  • Phoenixchichima
    Options
    I adjust insurance auto claims. Sometimes I have to speak to one of the drivers in an accident, and they didnt know the other person died & I have to be the one to tell them the accident they were in caused a fatality. They may not be at fault for it. but most folks' initial thought is "I killed someone" whether it was their fault or not. It changes their lives forever.

oh god. :c that's horrid. Must be stressful on you too to have to tell people that kind of news.

its tough. thanks
  • FireCapt782
    FireCapt782 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    As a firefighter/EMT dealing with sick of injured kids tops the list. However
    Last year I responded to a house fire with people trapped, I was on the first engine on scene and could hear people screaming but could not make entry.
    We had to recover 6 badly burned bodies that morning .